No announcement yet.

We need to commit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Laurance Maroney could be the feature back for Denver, but i bet the colts trade up and pick him before he falls to #22, because they are very high on him and they need a back now.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
      Yes stop switching running backs like switching underwear. Stick to one and make him a monster!
      Exactly! Just don't let them smell like underwear

I mean the switching thing worked but imagine if we had just one monster. We would be crazy good. And we wouldn't need to pay for so many back up RBs. It would free up cap space and roster spots.
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

Comment

I can't see investing a first round pick on a running back for the Broncos. Our offense has had the best running attack over the last eleven years without a first round selection being used. Call me crazy but I believe it will continue.

We have other far greater weakness (if you want to call RB a weakness). IMHO I think our two first round picks will not be used on a RB- no matter who it is. . . Maybe D-end, D-tackle, tight end, receiver, or O-tackle but not RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
          I can't see investing a first round pick on a running back for the Broncos. Our offense has had the best running attack over the last eleven years without a first round selection being used. Call me crazy but I believe it will continue.

We have other far greater weakness (if you want to call RB a weakness). IMHO I think our two first round picks will not be used on a RB- no matter who it is. . . Maybe D-end, D-tackle, tight end, receiver, or O-tackle but not RB.
          Personally, I hope you're right, Dean.

We don't need Gayle Sayers reincarnate. We want a Super Bowl.

You know, the kind the Pats and Steelers got . . . . without a Gayle Sayers?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
            Personally, I hope you're right, Dean.

We don't need Gayle Sayers reincarnate. We want a Super Bowl.

You know, the kind the Pats and Steelers got . . . . without a Gayle Sayers?

-----
            With Shanahan the only thing that has been safe to say about him is that he doesn't take running backs in the first round. Like you I hope Dean is no the mark with his suggestion.`
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

why is everyone always up on "developing" players on the field come Sunday, rather than actually putting the best possible talent available on the field? I mean alot of first round picks are probably no better than average veteran players, but the fans always want the rook on the field over the veteran. Personally I feel practice and training camps are for "developing", Sunday is for winning.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                why is everyone always up on "developing" players on the field come Sunday, rather than actually putting the best possible talent available on the field? I mean alot of first round picks are probably no better than average veteran players, but the fans always want the rook on the field over the veteran. Personally I feel practice and training camps are for "developing", Sunday is for winning.
                You think that Mike Shanahan uses game time to develop players?? Where does that come from?

Whoever Denver has on the field are the best eleven players that we have at that given instant.

I want whoever is the Broncos best personnel for that situation on the field. Last year gave an indication that our best personnel in pass rush situations left much to be desired. Now, I may not be the sharpest crayon in the box but I think a rookie may match-up favorably against our veterans that we had. I guess you can color me naive.
                Last edited by Dean; 03-18-2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X