VERY disappointing offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERY disappointing offseason

We sign gerrad warren to a huge contract which he is not even worth half of it.
    We sign ron dayne to replace mike anderson??????
    Now we sign kernard lang. i thought he was retired 15 years ago.
    TO goes to the cowboys. i wasnt totally against bringing him in to mile high.
    BUT the real kicker would be losing abrham. this guy would be a huge lift to our defense. He is by far the best option for us instead of drafting a guy.
    We lose out on abrham, this offseason will be a huge disappointment.
    funny thing is i said trade for schaub last year before the draft now everybody wants this guy.
    Im not trying to be negative just very disappointed.

Well be prepared to be VERY disappointed. Jets and Abraham have in fact agreed to a trade and contract.
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Don't be so down....don't forget about the June first cuts.....isn't that where we picked up a lot of players last year???

Comment

Kenard Lang used to be a Brown also did he not?

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz222
          BUT the real kicker would be losing abrham. this guy would be a huge lift to our defense. He is by far the best option for us instead of drafting a guy.
          funny thing is i said trade for schaub last year before the draft now everybody wants this guy.
          Shanny (oops, I mean Teddy) feels that last year's record wasn't a fluke. He must feel that it truly indicated where this team is.

I fear that your concern will prove to be true, unless Shanny (I mean Ted - dangit) does something he doesn't always do (ie. have a good draft).

I fear that the Broncos organization have become complacent, feeling that we were as good as our record (even though we performed above EVERYBODY'S expectations), and that we didn't need to do anything major to get ready for next season.

I hope your disappointment doesn't continue into the regular season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            Shanny (oops, I mean Teddy) feels that last year's record wasn't a fluke. He must feel that it truly indicated where this team is.

I fear that your concern will prove to be true, unless Shanny (I mean Ted - dangit) does something he doesn't always do (ie. have a good draft).

I fear that the Broncos organization have become complacent, feeling that we were as good as our record (even though we performed above EVERYBODY'S expectations), and that we didn't need to do anything major to get ready for next season.

I hope your disappointment doesn't continue into the regular season.
            Unfortunately, I second that.

I'm going to try & not jump th gun here, but we've sat here & watched many good FA's go to other teams since the CBA deal was reached. I'm not one to say let's overpay & sign a risky player like T.O. or Jamal Lewis.... but let's at least address the areas where we need help. We're going to see Abe go to either Atlanta or Seattle; this much is for sure. I haven't even heard Denver's name mentioned since last week. I think they were hoping his stock would drop.... but how low did they expect it to actually drop? This guy is a valuable player for a reason.

I just hope they don't make a panic move & trade away any of those top picks. Yes, they'll be rookies. But as we saw as recently as last season.... rookies can make a very positive impact on a team.

The offseason isn't over yet, but we've watched plenty of action take place already in the NFL; the Broncos just haven't joined the party yet. Let's hope they didn't wait too long.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR

I'm going to try & not jump th gun here, but we've sat here & watched many good FA's go to other teams since the CBA deal was reached. I'm not one to say let's overpay & sign a risky player like T.O. or Jamal Lewis.... but let's at least address the areas where we need help. We're going to see Abe go to either Atlanta or Seattle; this much is for sure. I haven't even heard Denver's name mentioned since last week. I think they were hoping his stock would drop.... but how low did they expect it to actually drop? This guy is a valuable player for a reason.

I just hope they don't make a panic move & trade away any of those top picks. Yes, they'll be rookies. But as we saw as recently as last season.... rookies can make a very positive impact on a team.

The offseason isn't over yet, but we've watched plenty of action take place already in the NFL; the Broncos just haven't joined the party yet. Let's hope they didn't wait too long.
              The sad thing is we tried to negotiate with people like Carter and Lewis, but they were to excited in getting a huge contract without knowing what the other team might pay.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman

i dont think we performed above shanny's expectations. in fact, i would guess that the team came up short of shanny's expectations.
                "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro
                  The sad thing is we tried to negotiate with people like Carter and Lewis, but they were to excited in getting a huge contract without knowing what the other team might pay.
                  One positive to take from this whole discussion: No team in the AFC West has been active in free agency.

Yea, I'm really searching for a positive there, aren't I?
                  sigpic

Comment

One positive to take from this whole discussion: No team in the AFC West has been active in free agency.

Yea, I'm really searching for a positive there, aren't I?
                    Hehehe yeah Raiders gonna blow some chunks by not signing the needed people and putting in more gaps to thier teams . Chargers released Brees so hopefully that will screw thier team, and Chiefs released some starters but not like that did anything.

Comment

in one breath you say you dont want to overpay, and then in the next breath you complain about addressing areas of need.

well when other teams ARE willing to overpay, you dont get both options. we either have to WAY overpay to beat the overpay already offered, or we have to let them walk.

the same people that complain that we didnt bring in carter or lewis or do whatever it took to get abraham here, are the same people that beeatch that we overpayed for warren. i dont think people understand that there are actually other teams also bidding on these players.

so then people complain that we should have more cap room. its only because of bad management that we have so little room. and then they say we should guarantee a somewhat fragile player $18m. and the worst part is, they dont even see how these two things contradict.

lets give it time and see what happens. if the disappointment is that we dont produce a free agent signing that gets headlines on espn, i can live with that.
                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz222

lol thats funny with schaub. Yea i didnt agree with the anderson releasing too. Either way bell is gonna start next year. Bowlen and Shanna will pull out something big, i just know it. Whether it be draft day, a couple of weeks before the draft or even this week. All i know is that the offseason has to get better from here on out otherwise ill start to feel like a raider fan, cheering for absolutley nothing

so far offseason =

Comment

waaaa waaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaa

How many times do we have to go over this? We cant get a Champ Bailey or John Lynch every year. Last year everybody was so taken back by the pick ups of the Browns linemen and look what they did for us this year? When will you guys learn to have some faith in Shanny? He said at the end of 2004 that we werent far from being a legitimate superbowl team, and low and behold, he was right. If he feels that this team doesnt need a TO or to swing a big time trade like Abraham and would rather rely on draft picks and what we already have, how can we disagree with him? Hes lead us the playoffs 3 years in a row all while getting better in the process. I wont be worried unless we fall flat on our faces and we're 7-8 come week 17.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                            in one breath you say you dont want to overpay, and then in the next breath you complain about addressing areas of need.

well when other teams ARE willing to overpay, you dont get both options. we either have to WAY overpay to beat the overpay already offered, or we have to let them walk.

the same people that complain that we didnt bring in carter or lewis or do whatever it took to get abraham here, are the same people that beeatch that we overpayed for warren. i dont think people understand that there are actually other teams also bidding on these players.

so then people complain that we should have more cap room. its only because of bad management that we have so little room. and then they say we should guarantee a somewhat fragile player $18m. and the worst part is, they dont even see how these two things contradict.

lets give it time and see what happens. if the disappointment is that we dont produce a free agent signing that gets headlines on espn, i can live with that.
                            I didn't say they needed to overpay and get T.O. and Lewis, I said they needed to address those needs this team has. There are other players that were out there that the Broncos didn't persue. I don't know what the master plan is for them, nobody does. Like I said, I'm not jumping the gun, I'm just pointing out what's already transpired and what they DIDN'T do. I'm perfectly capable of patiently waiting to see what happens (what choice does a fan have?)
                            sigpic

Comment

I didn't say they needed to overpay and get T.O. and Lewis, I said they needed to address those needs this team has. There are other players that were out there that the Broncos didn't persue. I don't know what the master plan is for them, nobody does. Like I said, I'm not jumping the gun, I'm just pointing out what's already transpired and what they DIDN'T do. I'm perfectly capable of patiently waiting to see what happens (what choice does a fan have?)

fair enough. my bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X