Clear All

• Broncos86
    replied
    putz's contract wasnt that high was it?

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Putz was going to count 4.7 million against the Salary Cap and he did not play up to that figure, so he was cut.
    Where did you get this tripe?

Leave a comment:

• broncos4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Thesameold333
    I do not understand why we cut putz. he is no sharpe, but he is a solid TE. If Duke is the answer, than thats fine with me, but i would have kept putz. over alexander.

Putz was going to count 4.7 million against the Salary Cap and he did not play up to that figure, so he was cut.

Leave a comment:

• Thesameold333
    replied
    has anyone thought about consistency??????

we are in position to have nearly the same team we had last year.......that does not happen too often in the NFL.

I loved Trevor, but his performance no longer matched what a top dollar defensive end should make. I would have liked to see him on the inside with warren, but oh well.

I will miss mike. but he wasnt the answer. and i dont think Bell is either....maybe but i dont think.......

I do like the idea of keeping Dayne I think this guy will thrive in our system, he did big things for us with very limited playing time... (and no i am not a Dayne homer, i do not even follow college football.)

I do not understand why we cut putz. he is no sharpe, but he is a solid TE. If Duke is the answer, than thats fine with me, but i would have kept putz. over alexander.

I am not a huge fan of coyer, thats all the more reason that having almost the entire defense of this past season, on the filed together next season benefits us. they will have no probs gelling, and relying on athletic ability and knowledge of eachother to make up where coyers scheming falls short.

Leave a comment:

• Jrhampton
    replied
    There was an apology of sorts made by coyer about the time of the bye week, Seems to me it was the DP and on a W/E thought I saw a thing in the SUNDAY paper before a game. I don't remember what it was about, but things changed around and they all had a heart to heart kumbaya session and the defense looked at lot better after that week until THE playoff.

To those fans that are disappointed that we have not signed everyone that was a FA. Unless your forgetting that here are 31 other teams out there the we have to bid against. With a limited amount of money to spend, and besides one FA with talent and the other player STILL under contract to the Jets who else do the Broncos really need or even want. TO to much trouble and JA wanted BIG BUCKS.

Which RB's TE's and DE are even on the market. Who are they and would they fit into our system? Are they better than drafting a rookie?

And for those of you that wish us to bring in QB get a life, as Mikey is not going to do it period. Unless he wants someone as a Backup that does not cost an arm and a leg. He is not gonna bring someone in to "compete" for the starting job BECAUSE HE HAS HIS STARTER. To bring someone in to act as a back up and spend millions to do so is nuts.

Just how many years did Mikey or Dan for that matter have another Quality QB on the shelf in case John went down. If you say he had Kubiak and he was the backup then the joke is on you.

Very few if any teams have two "starter" QB's on the team, SAN did because they drafted rivers cause breeeze sucked.

But beyond that which teams have to great QB on staff, on purpose?
    Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-19-2006, 04:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Blitz222
    dean if your a fan. I cant remember exactly what week it was in the season, but it was reported in the post. i believe it was after the giants loss, but i am not completly sure.
    I ceratainly don't recall anything like that in the Post. I visit both the DP's and RMN's web sites at least twice a week. Maybe someone who knows how to dig out old articles can find it if it exsists. (I'm not calling you liar.)

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    thats what i said there would be restructuring.
    FUNNY we couldnt afford to give champ the huge money but we made it work then signed our draft picks!!!!~!~!

Actually we were in a position to afford Champ and if I'm not mistaken there wasn't much restructuring contracts that took place for us to fit him in.

Leave a comment:

• JvDub95
    replied
    We sign gerrad warren to a huge contract which he is not even worth half of it.
    We sign ron dayne to replace mike anderson??????
    Now we sign kernard lang. i thought he was retired 15 years ago.
    TO goes to the cowboys. i wasnt totally against bringing him in to mile high.
    BUT the real kicker would be losing abrham. this guy would be a huge lift to our defense. He is by far the best option for us instead of drafting a guy.
    We lose out on abrham, this offseason will be a huge disappointment.
    funny thing is i said trade for schaub last year before the draft now everybody wants this guy.
    Im not trying to be negative just very disappointed.
    the only disapointment this offseason is the lack of support from the Bronco fans

Leave a comment:

• evolaerok
    replied
    Hopefully the Broncos will be successful in the offseason without going after the key FA's. What gets me are the people who feel Denver doesn't need these FA's. I hear references of the Steelers not going after FA or the year the Broncos won the Super Bowl, they didn't sign many FA's. Well the NFL is ever evolving and the Steelers may not have top name FA's, but they have the right personnelle at the right positions. We don't. We just don't have a threatening WR, TE is a questionmark now, as is DE, and the RB situation still concerns me.

Leave a comment:

• Blitz222
    replied
    Originally posted by mongoose
    I have been a Broncos fan for 25 years and have never been as discouraged as I am right now.The team has several holes that need filled like WR,TE,RB,DL,S and the biggest hole of all QB.And what really bothers me the most is that Shanny is too stubborn to admit that Plummer is a joke.So he'll keep bringing in QB's like VanPelt and Mock so that there is nobody for the fans to call for when Plummer has one of his moron attacks.I say it's time to take away the GM title from Shanahan and get somebody who can draft in there before he wastes more draft picks on guys like Lelie,Marcus Nash,Willie Middlebrooks,Deltha O'neil and so on.I never thought I'd be this mad at my Broncos but I'm tired of watching some great players like Rod Smith,Al Wilson,Champ,Lynch play great every week then have Jake the Fake lose the game and Shanahan doesn'teven try to get a real QB.
    i been saying this for weeks if not for a year. What happens if plummer gets hurt? we got no one to back him up i mean no one. Van pelt couldnt win a game for a high school team. I am not totally against plummer but the lack of bringing anyone in to challenge him fr the job. Is just another case of mikes ego.

Leave a comment:

• Blitz222
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean
    Where do you get this information from?? Give a site reference.
    dean if your a fan. I cant remember exactly what week it was in the season, but it was reported in the post. i believe it was after the giants loss, but i am not completly sure.

Leave a comment:

• dtigg69
    replied
    Well, I've been a Broncos fan for even more than 25 years, and I think
    Jake Plummer is an outstanding QB. However, I agree that Shanny is
    very suspect as a GM. What, is he on spring break somewhere or what??
    We're the very first team in the league to release any players, and it's three
    of our best nonetheless!! And then the only one we've signed is one more
    Cleveland Brown?? We are absolutely aching for a big-play receiver first and
    foremost. And I like Ron Dayne, but he's not as talented as Marine Mike.
    It's past time for Shanny to do SOMETHING impressive personnel-wise in
    this off-season!!!

ORANGE & BLUE FOREVER!!

Leave a comment:

• mongoose
    replied
    I have been a Broncos fan for 25 years and have never been as discouraged as I am right now.The team has several holes that need filled like WR,TE,RB,DL,S and the biggest hole of all QB.And what really bothers me the most is that Shanny is too stubborn to admit that Plummer is a joke.So he'll keep bringing in QB's like VanPelt and Mock so that there is nobody for the fans to call for when Plummer has one of his moron attacks.I say it's time to take away the GM title from Shanahan and get somebody who can draft in there before he wastes more draft picks on guys like Lelie,Marcus Nash,Willie Middlebrooks,Deltha O'neil and so on.I never thought I'd be this mad at my Broncos but I'm tired of watching some great players like Rod Smith,Al Wilson,Champ,Lynch play great every week then have Jake the Fake lose the game and Shanahan doesn'teven try to get a real QB.

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Well put my sentiments exacly. The defense spoke out against coyer half way through the season. he made some changes but not enough to keep his job. I mean our whole defensive unit is unhappy with this guy, so why does he have a job?
    Where do you get this information from?? Give a site reference.

Leave a comment:

• Blitz222
    replied
    Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
    I think I need to be bluntly honest here....Shanahan has shown he's a great offensive mind and a good head coach, but he obviously knows jack about defense. Look at our organization:

Coyer was our ex LBs coach promoted to DC. His defense is designed completely around his beloved LBs making plays. The D-line's only purpose is to eat blockers, allowing the LBs to stop the run, bring pressure on the QB, etc. His defensive scheme is very one dimensional and he's probably the worst in the league for adapting on the fly.

Patterson was Cleveland's D-line coach where he coached their line to be one of the bottom quarter of the league. He comes to Denver, convinces Shanny to acquire all of "his (underachieving) guys", and gets Shanny to buy into "pressure is better than sacks" (unfortunately real pro QBs aren't as rattled by pressure and just simply step away from it to find wide open WRs - Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger). He's done it again with Lang. Our D-line play actually got worse statistically with all his boys on the roster. Once again our d-line will be the achilles heel of our defense no matter who we draft.

Spencer is our DBs coach....yes, that's right the guy who couldn't break the starting lineup as a CB. Quickly promoted after Alex Gibb's son got fired after the Atlanta game, Spencer is just lucky that he has a guy like Champ with natural ability and veteran experience that the rookies could emulate at practice. Remember "Spencer's proteges (Walls and Herndon) aren't around anymore because they weren't starting caliber.

Overall, I think we need a complete overhaul on the defensive side of the ball. Coyer and his coaches are only really successful when the offense gets them a large lead and/or doesn't turn the ball over.
    Well put my sentiments exacly. The defense spoke out against coyer half way through the season. he made some changes but not enough to keep his job. I mean our whole defensive unit is unhappy with this guy, so why does he have a job?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X