No announcement yet.

Glad to see we are wasting our money...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad to see we are wasting our money...

Im glad to see that we our wasting our money on veteran players that were on a downward spin. K. Lang's numbers are way down from his prior year stats. I would have rather us spent money in the draft and make talent then try to make someone feel young again. Didnt we pick up enough people from the browns last year???? Might as well start buying Browns jersey's. Its becoming a reunion for all those players we picked up last year. And to think the team the most over the cap is signing the most players. If we think we are gonna get back to the AFC/NFC battle with fewer play making bodies then we are sadly mistaken because the teams that are making moves are the teams we think to be pushovers in the regular season. Hopefully we can pick up Eric Moulds.

That is become Crennel made him play OLB which is not his natural posistion.

He will be back at DE in Denver and I expect at least 7 sacks out of him.
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

im not saying hes a great DE but his numbers were down because the browns went a 3-4 n he had to play LB....we will never sign moulds either...

Comment

Again I would like to post this article from the Rocky........

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...548768,00.html

Spendig A ton of cash does not mean we automatically win anything. Take a look at the Redskins. They have bee doing it for years, and exactly what did it get them? I dont see THEM wearing any rings..............

Comment

About the decline in his stats, there are two possible explanations: one, he's going downhill, two (link ).

Lang, 31, a nine-year veteran, lost 25 pounds to change position when new coach Romeo Crennel implemented the 3-4 defense in Cleveland. He recorded just two sacks and 43 tackles.

"I think Kenard really tried to do his best to make that transition ," Browns general manager Phil Savage said. "I'm not sure if it took away from some of his rush potential on third down."

Lang would have made $4.6 million in the last year of his contract. He played four seasons with the Browns and appeared in 62 games, including 49 starts at defensive end. He was a first-round draft pick of Washington in 1997 and played five seasons with the Redskins.

His best season came in 2003, when he had a career-high 79 tackles and eight sacks.
          I don't know how much money he's getting paid, but I would think that he will be a bench player, Coleman's replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Amigo_Bronco
            About the decline in his stats, there are two possible explanations: one, he's going downhill, two (link ).

I don't know how much money he's getting paid, but I would think that he will be a bench player, Coleman's replacement.
            I want the guy starting!
            sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Will the pouting ever stop?

Good grief there are 50 posts about the FO doing nothing and when they do, it switches gears to a new group of whines.

Its really sad.

Comment

I like the Kenard Lang signing. Lets take the bottom line approach with this move. The bottom line is Lang is as old as Pryce, as good as Pryce, and alot cheaper than Pryce.

We still have Ekuban and Brown as our starters, so this move gives us quality depth which is important because Brown practically had his own wing in the hospital in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                  I want the guy starting!
                  OK.... OK... I'm calling Shanahan right now to tell him to give Lang the starting job

Now, about this signing, on the negative side, you have his age: not many players can post numbers above their career average when they're 31, and Lang's career numbers are not that great. But still, he could be a productive rotation player.

On the positive side, he got his best numbers when playing with the same guys he'll be playing with this year. Who knows, maybe there are some positive sinergies there.

I was browsing the sacks leaders list, and there is a trend there: every year you have the "elite pass rushers", but year after year, there are some players that jump to the top of the list "out of nowhere" (Burguess, Van Den Bosch this year); actually, Shanahan himself wittnessed one of this transformations, when an average player coming from Indianapolis became one of the elite pass rushers in the league (Berry).

Risking being too optimistic (and if I am, so what? It's my right as a fan ), maybe, just maybe, the next pass rusher is already in the team... could be Lang, could be Engelberger, could be Ekuban, could be Jackson... or who knows, maybe a rookie.

Comment

Could care less.

If he gets last years numbers OR BETTER he is an upgrade at DE over price and alot less money.

QUIT whinning!

Comment

There IS a lot of whining going on in the boards lately. What were we to do. John Abraham or Andre Carter are Ok but not worth what they are going to get. If we wait and draft someone we might get someone who turns out to be alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by slickdonkey7
                        There IS a lot of whining going on in the boards lately. What were we to do. John Abraham or Andre Carter are Ok but not worth what they are going to get. If we wait and draft someone we might get someone who turns out to be alot better.
                        And we might not the draft is a crap shoot especially in DEN. Mikey is a great coach but lacks in personnel matters IMHO.

But all the good franchises are built on the drafting of great players, filling in the weak spots with FA's. The cost is much lower and the real productive Vets are rewarded with better contracts than overpaying FA's that are good to great.

Comment

True Jrhampton, but aren't we due for a first round stud. We've got two shots at it. I agree wholeheartedly with your post though. I'm trying to be optimistic about the draft. i've been disappointed so many times. I watch so much college football, sometimes I think I could do a better job of drafting than we have in years past.

Comment

True Jrhampton, but aren't we due for a first round stud. We've got two shots at it. I agree wholeheartedly with your post though. I'm trying to be optimistic about the draft. i've been disappointed so many times. I watch so much college football, sometimes I think I could do a better job of drafting than we have in years past.
                            While we are not perfect in the draft ( and nobody is) if you look at our first round picks during the Shannahan era despite never drafting higher then 15th we have done as well as any other team out there with the exception of baltimore who seems to hit their first pick right on the nuts every year. So go ahead & look at how other team have faired during that time frame & you won't find many better

1996 15th pick John Mobley = above average linebacker
                            1997 28th pick Trevor Pryce = Four time pro bowler
                            1998 30th pick Marcus Nash = Definatley a bust
                            1999 31st pick Al Wilson = Enough Said
                            2000 15th pick Deltha Oneal = Led the league in INT's last year with 10
                            2001 24th pick Willie Middlebrooks = Bust
                            2002 19th pick Ashley Lelie = Solid nfl starter
                            2003 20th pick George Foster = Nfl Stater, Not great but decent player
                            2004 17th pick D.J. Williams = future Pro Bowler
                            2005 no pick
                            sigpic

Thanks to dbfan2007 for sig

Comment

Two chances to reach for a third rounder that is all it means. Once mikey has some players locked on his radar screen he will go for them before their time. They might turn out ok there was not a need to take them when they did.

Comment

Working...
                              X