Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Look at it this way ---

--- The AFC West was a very good Division last season ---

--- of course with the exception of the Faiders !

--- KC and SD failed to make the play-offs ---

--- Yet their records were way better than

--- many NFL teams that DID get into the play-offs !!!

--- Everyone seems to be screaming to sign a Big Name FA !!!

--- Let's look at how our Division is approaching FA:---

--- San Diego signed Marlon McCree, a strong safety from Carolina ---
    --- They let go Drew Brees, QB (NO), Ben Leber, LB (MIN); Reche Caldwell, WR (NE) ---

--- Kansas City re-signed Kendall Gammon, LS, Quentin Griffith, RB, and Damon Huard, QB ---
    They let go Todd Collins, QB (WAS)---

--- Oakland has not signed anyone yet ---
    They let go Renaldo Hill, DB (MIA); Ted Washington, NT (CLE) ---

--- Denver signed Kenard Lang DE (CLE), and re-signed Mike Leach TE, and Gerard Warren DE ---

--- In our entire division there has been only 2 new FA signings so far, SD-McCree, and Denver-Lang ---

--- ALL the FA “splash” has landed in teams outside our Division ---

--- None of the teams in our Division have gained an advantage on us ---

--- Along with “Big Name” players, often comes Big Time signing bonuses, Big Egos --- and Big Trouble !!!

--- Many of these players “ Milk It”, as they are usually in the twilight of their careers, and are more injury prone due to wear and tear ---

--- With the money we have, we can sign some excellent Draft Picks ---

--- Remember last year ? --- everyone wanted Shanny’s head because of the Brown’s deal, and that Shanny had the “Nerve” to draft THREE (3) CBs !!! ---

--- That didn’t turn out so BAD did it ?

--- I’m not worried about the running game --- that’s always Shanny’s priority, and I’m sure that he’s put a lot of thought into that --- besides, like I’ve said before, we could plug in DJ Williams and still have a 1000 yd rusher !!! ---

--- So, if you look at it this way, things are not so bad ---

---

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Good way to look at it.

Comment

Oh My God.....

A positive post?????? It is unusual to see a post that doesn't represent screaming and whining about the "inactivity" of the Broncos. I totally agree with your view. It is not like the Broncos were 4-14. Go Broncos!!!

Comment

Im a little surprised to see San Diego go so conservative this offseason with the surplus of cap room they have.
        You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan

--- They let go Drew Brees, QB (NO), Ben Leber, LB (MIN); Reche Caldwell, WR (NE) ---

--- Kansas City re-signed Kendall Gammon, LS, Quentin Griffith, RB, and Damon Huard, QB ---

--- Denver signed Kenard Lang DE (CLE), and re-signed Mike Leach TE, and Gerard Warren DE ---

--- In our entire division there has been only 2 new FA signings so far, SD-McCree, and Denver-Lang ---

--- Along with “Big Name” players, often comes Big Time signing bonuses, Big Egos --- and Big Trouble !!!

--- Many of these players “ Milk It”, as they are usually in the twilight of their careers, and are more injury prone due to wear and tear ---

--- Remember last year ? --- everyone wanted Shanny’s head because of the Brown’s deal, and that Shanny had the “Nerve” to draft THREE (3) CBs !!! ---

--- I’m not worried about the running game --- that’s always Shanny’s priority, and I’m sure that he’s put a lot of thought into that --- besides, like I’ve said before, we could plug in DJ Williams and still have a 1000 yd rusher !!! ---

---

I agree i think all we realy need now is sure handed receiver and were set if our guy all stay healthy.

Comment

Denver also got Matt Lepsis back........

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado69
              A positive post?????? It is unusual to see a post that doesn't represent screaming and whining about the "inactivity" of the Broncos. I totally agree with your view. It is not like the Broncos were 4-14. Go Broncos!!!
              Pay attention to AZ Snake Fan's posts.

That's about all you will get from him.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                Pay attention to AZ Snake Fan's posts.

That's about all you will get from him.

-----

Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Marlon McCree is a solid player, and he only makes SD's D even tougher...

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan

---

I love the way youre thinking, it makes sense, good post

Comment

great post..... That is why due to lack of competion we will dominate the West and i believe even run away with it this year. It reminds me of how the Pats have had it in their division pretty much for the last couple years. BUT when playoff time comes i don't see anything outside of what we have seen the past few years but another early exit due to the fact that the other team will force us to pass and we won't be able to capitalize

Comment

We can dominate the west all we want in my opinion but 6 games doesnt get us to the playoffs. Im not trying to be negative but we need to look outside of the 3 other teams that we play and look at the other 10 teams we are going to have to play. Think outside of our box if you may. The teams like the dolphins are no longer going to be push overs( yes I know we lost to them last year, but everyone was like " WE LOST TO THE DOLPHINS???) those teams will make a difference and someteams will be playing with something to prove. The FA is not guarenteing wins in the up coming season but it is making odds look a lot better for some.

Comment

Unfortunately, our division is only one piece of the puzzle. Even if none of them improve from last year, there are still teams that we have to play that we still even after 3 years will still get owned by (Indy). Winning the division is great, but making the playoffs without any hope of really getting to the Superbowl is just silly. And BTW, Lang is NOT an improvement over Pryce or anyone else on the roster.

Comment

Wow!!!

An AZ sighting in GD!!!!

Still Bringing it!!!

Good post....

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                              Marlon McCree is a solid player, and he only makes SD's D even tougher...
                              I like the addition of McCree, but we need to address our CB's playing and/or coaching. Not enough INTs from the crew. We need a ball hawk, hopefully McCree will add that dimension.

We will not compete if we do not fix that weak ass O-line. LT is great, but he is no Barry Sanders. We need blockers who can pull out and execute.

I think we stepped on our "richard" with the Brees issue. I want to be optimistic, but I don't see a rookie taking us to the big game. Hope I'm wrong, but I do have to be realistic.
                              sigpic

Seems like forever and a day, don't it?

Comment

Working...
                              X