AFC not as strong as last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC not as strong as last year

i know someone didn't put new england, san diego, and KC in the list of scary AFC teams. new england has lost EVERYONE!!!! KC is about to get rid of priest, and i am pretty sure we can beat KC with LJ, we've done it before, not to mention they just signed Q.G. and the raiders just picked up lenny walls....scaryyyyy. oh, and san diego has lost drew brees, now the ALLLLLLLL the load is on one guy...L.T. and gates doesn't have his boy no more. yea, people can talk about rivers all they want, hes unproven, hasn't played hardly at all in his career in san diego. cincy has to make sure carson can walk, steelers i don't thihk will be as stong, still be good, but they haven't really made any moves this off season. jags are steppin up, i'll give ya that. colts will be the same colts, badass in the reg season, give it up late in the year, i really do think we'd beat them in the playoffs now, no matter where we played em. not saying the NFC is gonna be dominate, but alot of good players are following money to teams that aren't that good. oh, and lets not forget that the edge is in AZ now. there goes the colts' balenced attack. now they have to try and re-establish a running game with a different RB, not an easy thing to do, esp. when you've let one guy run the rock for the last i dunno at least 5 years. no one will rollover for the broncos, we don't expect them to. but with the talent and we had last year, and with how good of an offseason we are having, the Broncos will be one of the top 3 scariest teams in the NFL. we've got a better team then last year hands down. we haven't lost any key players, we've kept all the key players we've needed to, and the draft hasn't even gotten here yet. lets not forget how EVERY year, we get a draft pick and turn them into very good football players (foxworth, williams). and we've even brought the old browns' d-line back to life since we brought them to denver and we just signed another. thats another thing everyone around football was gonna be a bust. The broncos are looking great right now, and we are the team that the rest of the NFL is talking about. They are the ones worring, not us!

Actually Denver has not beaten KC when Larry Johnson has been the starter. In two games starting against Denver Larry Johnson has 291 yards, 4 touchdowns, and a 4.85 average. I think you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
      Actually Denver has not beaten KC when Larry Johnson has been the starter. In two games starting against Denver Larry Johnson has 291 yards, 4 touchdowns, and a 4.85 average. I think you don't know what the hell you are talking about.
      Yea, that's what I was thinking. We played the Chiefs late in the year this year. I wanna say Week 13, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Somewhere around there Anyway, LJ tore us apart... We couldn't stop him at all.

However, I DO agree with you on most of the rest of your post. I think the Colts, Patriots, and Chargers are going downhill. They've all lost too many elements to their teams. I feel that the Jaguars, Bengals, Steelers, Chiefs, and Broncos will all be very competitive next year. The Colts should be good, but I don't envision more than 11 or 12 wins this season.
      I'm officially eating crow. I support McDaniels.

Wishing for Jared Odrick in 2009.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ncfootball
        Yea, that's what I was thinking. We played the Chiefs late in the year this year. I wanna say Week 13, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Somewhere around there Anyway, LJ tore us apart... We couldn't stop him at all.

However, I DO agree with you on most of the rest of your post. I think the Colts, Patriots, and Chargers are going downhill. They've all lost too many elements to their teams. I feel that the Jaguars, Bengals, Steelers, Chiefs, and Broncos will all be very competitive next year. The Colts should be good, but I don't envision more than 11 or 12 wins this season.
        The only question is can LJ do that in Denver. It's pretty much been a given that KC can't win in Denver and Denver can't win in KC.
        "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

AFC North is gonna be the best division next season. I think the AFC West has taken a big step backwards this offseason. I'm really disappointed with the Broncos handling of it, but atleast the Bolts, Chiefs, and Faiders haven't done anything either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ncfootball

True . I think the balance of power has shifted. The pats are gonna have a hard time getting back to dominance . The Colts made a huge mistake giving harrison the money over edge and the chargers had one fluke year they too are done
            Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

AFC is a lot stronger than 06. Colts didn't lose much in getting rid of James (Rhodes has done it in the past and will shine in 06), Steelers lost Randle-El, but they will dominate people on D as always. Pats may have lost a lot, but you can never say that Belicheck hasn't turned no-namers into Super Bowl Champions and Brady is still the best QB in the league, Phins are dramatically better (and not done, they may get Arrington), Broncos have well....let's be honest stunk it up and gotten worse (add that with the fact that we've overachieved and it looks grim), KC is ridiculous with LJ (don't know what you are saying there, look for 2000+ yards from the kid in 06 no joke) and they will win the West as it stands right now, Bengals haven't lost a step...age will only help, Jags overachieved, and SD dropped off a cliff inbtrusting Rivers with their QB situation. As I see it (right now): 06 AFC Playoffs = Pats, Phins, Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs.

Comment

Originally posted by broncomike8
                AFC is a lot stronger than 06. Colts didn't lose much in getting rid of James (Rhodes has done it in the past and will shine in 06), Steelers lost Randle-El, but they will dominate people on D as always. Pats may have lost a lot, but you can never say that Belicheck hasn't turned no-namers into Super Bowl Champions and Brady is still the best QB in the league, Phins are dramatically better (and not done, they may get Arrington), Broncos have well....let's be honest stunk it up and gotten worse (add that with the fact that we've overachieved and it looks grim), KC is ridiculous with LJ (don't know what you are saying there, look for 2000+ yards from the kid in 06 no joke) and they will win the West as it stands right now, Bengals haven't lost a step...age will only help, Jags overachieved, and SD dropped off a cliff inbtrusting Rivers with their QB situation. As I see it (right now): 06 AFC Playoffs = Pats, Phins, Colts, Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs.
                KC could have a very good chance at making the playoffs with LJ as the starter, but they have to improve the D-line before they expect to get anywhere. Jared Allen is the only guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB on our D-line.

Comment

Plus Edwards will not be conservative when trailing, Gonzo should have better numbers in 06 than he did in 05 which = good for my fantasy team

Comment

KC could have a very good chance at making the playoffs with LJ as the starter, but they have to improve the D-line before they expect to get anywhere. Jared Allen is the only guy who can consistently get pressure on the QB on our D-line.
                    I have a feeling the D-Line is going to get better, even if we don't sign any big name FA's. If there's one thing Herm is good at, it's finding Defensive talent with the draft that can start Week 1.

We need to stop reaching out in the FA to fix our problems anyhow. It's about time for the days of being over the salary cap to end.

Comment

lj is good but it is the line that makes him great. hope the old boys can keep it together.
                      http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

broncomike, i think your not smart. i will say that the comment about KC loses in denver and vice versa is 110% right! so it comes down to how each of them do in the rest of the conference and division and that goes to the broncos. and broncomike, i think you should stop talking for a while, or put down the bottle. we have stunk it up? you on this planet or just have no confidence in the current broncos roster?...it can only be one or the other. 13-3 with the AFC west and hosting the AFC title game. you tell me mike, in what ways are we not as good as late year?? jake commin off his best year ever, foxworth and williams a year older, stronger, faster. i mean we all saw what they did as rooks, now just imagine where they will be. we retained all key aspects of our team we needed to...o-line (lepsis and nalen), kept our "D".....(warren, brown, lynch, brandon, engleberger.) which was ranked among the NFL's best. our pass defence was still not as good, but with john back and our "rooks" growin up a lil bit, we're gonna be scary back there, and nic had like 5 pics last year, i thought he was heavily overlooked. i don't see the chefs doin anything special this offseason. you can ride LJ all ya want, and while he'll give you good numbers, hes not gonna carry you to the top of the AFC or even the AFC west for that matter. the chefs are pretty much the same team, and so are we, but we weren't 10-6 last year, we were 13-3...we win! and who made that comment about edge leaving won't hurt the colts that much??? that guy needs to stop talking for a lil bit to. and the pats...i hear ya on Bill B being a mastermind, but hes not mike, hes not known for takin no namers, he had a very very very strong team, alot of big name guys. taking no namers would be what we did with mike, rod, TD, and soon foxworth will be added to the list because no one really knew who he was commin out of the draft, it was all williams, i don't even think foxworth was drafted. and 2 of those names are gonna be hall of famers. i think bill will struggle some this year. steelers still got a good "D' but they are gonna have a little bit more trouble scoring points this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLbroncos7
                          broncomike, i think your not smart. i will say that the comment about KC loses in denver and vice versa is 110% right! so it comes down to how each of them do in the rest of the conference and division and that goes to the broncos. and broncomike, i think you should stop talking for a while, or put down the bottle. we have stunk it up? you on this planet or just have no confidence in the current broncos roster?...it can only be one or the other. 13-3 with the AFC west and hosting the AFC title game. you tell me mike, in what ways are we not as good as late year?? jake commin off his best year ever, foxworth and williams a year older, stronger, faster. i mean we all saw what they did as rooks, now just imagine where they will be. we retained all key aspects of our team we needed to...o-line (lepsis and nalen), kept our "D".....(warren, brown, lynch, brandon, engleberger.) which was ranked among the NFL's best. our pass defence was still not as good, but with john back and our "rooks" growin up a lil bit, we're gonna be scary back there, and nic had like 5 pics last year, i thought he was heavily overlooked. i don't see the chefs doin anything special this offseason. you can ride LJ all ya want, and while he'll give you good numbers, hes not gonna carry you to the top of the AFC or even the AFC west for that matter. the chefs are pretty much the same team, and so are we, but we weren't 10-6 last year, we were 13-3...we win! and who made that comment about edge leaving won't hurt the colts that much??? that guy needs to stop talking for a lil bit to. and the pats...i hear ya on Bill B being a mastermind, but hes not mike, hes not known for takin no namers, he had a very very very strong team, alot of big name guys. taking no namers would be what we did with mike, rod, TD, and soon foxworth will be added to the list because no one really knew who he was commin out of the draft, it was all williams, i don't even think foxworth was drafted. and 2 of those names are gonna be hall of famers. i think bill will struggle some this year. steelers still got a good "D' but they are gonna have a little bit more trouble scoring points this year.
                          How do you know if what happens in the rest of the division and conference goes to the Broncos? The season hasn't even started yet. I think you are the one who is not smart. You assume too much before the season has even started.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLbroncos7
                            Please.....

Break up your posts into paragraphs.
                            You know, I was agreeing with your post, but not knowing if Foxworth was drafted or not......you lost all credibility. Be prepared to back up your view with some facts.
                            sigpic

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_1804775

Comment

Bottom line: KC never even competes with us in Denver. We always give you a hell of a time in KC.

Comment

Working...
                              X