Elam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elam

You can keep complaining all you want, but we will win the afc west and maybe the sb, we have a great team, with the draft we have two first rounders we can fill all the holes...

BUT

My greatest concern this year will be elam, don't get me wrong, i love the guy, but i don't know, hes ageing, i'm sure he will not miss those 30 yards clutch kicks, but you bet that everytime he step up to kick a +40 i'll be crossing my fingers.

I don't know how the kickers are in this draft, but if there is someone worth it, i'd say we draft him and let elam pass him the experience and knowledge, so he can maybe next year start.

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Elam is clutch......he will step up in playoffs.....just like he did this year.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin
      You can keep complaining all you want, but we will win the afc west and maybe the sb, we have a great team, with the draft we have two first rounders we can fill all the holes...

BUT

My greatest concern this year will be elam, don't get me wrong, i love the guy, but i don't know, hes ageing, i'm sure he will not miss those 30 yards clutch kicks, but you bet that everytime he step up to kick a +40 i'll be crossing my fingers.

I don't know how the kickers are in this draft, but if there is someone worth it, i'd say we draft him and let elam pass him the experience and knowledge, so he can maybe next year start.
      I would have to agree,I like Jason but he cannot keep it going forever...

:salute:

sig by Broncofancam may he REST IN PEACE

Thanks for the sig VULCAN
      R.I.P. Darrent :salute:R.I.P. Damien

Comment

I believe in Elam. I think Elam had a bad season because he isn't used to Plummer or BVP holding.

Comment

Of course fingers will be crossed, no one is automatic. There may be the littleist screwup that will lead to a missed field goal.
          "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

"Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

"I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

"I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

"I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

Comment

Two points with Elam:

1) I honestly believe a lot of Elam's problems during the early part of the season were due to the changing of the holders......the positio's importance is vastly overated in the scheme of things , so whilst I'm not 100% happy with Jake holding, he's got better things to do with his practice time, the establishing of a regular holder (and snapper) helped Elam down the stretch.

2) Unless we pay (positionally) big money to bring Vinateri in, there is noone in the league that's more reliable than #1 when it counts.......ok he's not going to boom them in from 50+ anymore, and he may miss the odd one during games.....but when it's on the line would you rather a guy with a bit less leg and proven balls or an untried player with the leg but no experience............personally I'll take the weaker leg and the experience
            The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
            BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
            You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Stephen Gostkowski, the kicker from memphis, is clutch. The announcers and scouts were raving about him on the rookie challenge on ESPN. He also made every kick on the show as well.
              Last edited by GoBrOnCoS16; 03-19-2006, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco bible
                I would have to agree,I like Jason but he cannot keep it going forever...
                Very true, we need to get some one to replace him for the future when he retires. I like Elam a lot though!
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                  Very true, we need to get some one to replace him for the future when he retires. I like Elam a lot though!
                  We all do !!!!!!!

"The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends."
                  Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I want to keep the guy going for as long as possible, but I do agree that he is getting up there in age. I just want to have some plan for when Elam is too old.

Right now I think he still has it and still trust him. He gave me a scare at the start of the season.
                    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

WE drafted a kickre with our 7th round pick last year. He's got a strong leg, but has some accuracy problems I think. He can play Kicker or Punter. I think he'll tkae the reigns when Elam decides to retire.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

There are 4 positions on the team that I'm not worried about. QB Jake's not going anywhere. RB, Anyone of us here could run for 1000 behind our line. LB...no worries there. And K.Elam has been great his whole career, I don't care how old he is. Like others have said most of his problem was the changing of the holder. He is still VERY clutch. It wouldn't be a bad idea to bring someone in and groom them, but I wouldn't think about replacing Elam just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin

BUT

Kickers don't age like other positions do.

He had a bad stretch at the beginning of the year, but there were some issues with switching holders.

I fully expect him to return to form.

But it is true that kickers can be vitally important. For example, if he made that field goal against the Giants, we would have won.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by GoBrOnCoS16
                            Stephen Gostkowski, the kicker from memphis, is clutch. The announcers and scouts were raving about him on the rookie challenge on ESPN. He also made every kick on the show as well.

How bout Niel Rackers from Arizona?

That dude was awesome on my Fantasy team last year. He would outscore my RB's from time to time.

sigpic
                            They're your teammates, now.
                            Best of luck, TT!
                            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
                              How bout Niel Rackers from Arizona?

That dude was awesome on my Fantasy team last year. He would outscore my RB's from time to time.

That's because Arizona couldn't score and had to settle for field goals all the time...

Comment

Working...
                              X