Trivia #7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trivia #7

IN the Denver Broncos Inagural season Lionel Taylor caught how many tochdown passes. Which stood for a team record for how many years? Thirdly if you know reply who broke that record and when, then on a fourth note who owns that record now and in what year did they accomplish this?
    14 td's, 10 years
    21.05%
    12 td's, 21 years
    52.63%
    12 td's, 16 years
    15.79%
    13 td's, 21 years
    10.53%
    sigpic

Good one, Crush. It will be interesting to see who gets it and how quickly.

-----

Comment

Thanks tops! I also posted the famous poll along with asking for replies on the 3rd and the 4th parts of the question? Sorry all I had been gone for a while, things here have been a little busy. Good lick to all and have a great Orange and Blue Day!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Lionel Taylor caught 12 in 1960 and Steve Waton broke it with 13 in 1981.

Of note Watson only caught 18 td in the next 6 years of his career.

I liked his toughness to Ed McCaffrey though
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
          Lionel Taylor caught 12 in 1960 and Steve Waton broke it with 13 in 1981.

Of note Watson only caught 18 td in the next 6 years of his career.

I liked his toughness to Ed McCaffrey though
          Hey medford not saying your correct or incorrect, just checking though on the 3rd and 4th ?'s . Any ideas. I will let you know the answer tomorrow!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crush05
            Hey medford not saying your correct or incorrect, just checking though on the 3rd and 4th ?'s . Any ideas. I will let you know the answer tomorrow!!!

How about Anthony Miller in 1995 with 14 TDS breaking Steve Watsons 13 from 1981 is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
              How about Anthony Miller in 1995 with 14 TDS breaking Steve Watsons 13 from 1981 is my guess.
              I am an idiot I voted wrong on the poll it should be #2 12 TDs and 21 years.

I guess I canl't read.

Comment

Come on everyone let's see what we all know. To be honest I did not know this one till this weekend!
                sigpic

Comment

i kno everything...........not!
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I don't believe most Bronco fans realize what we had in Lionel Taylor (although that's easy to understand since his time occurred before many of our posters were born). His name is seldom mentioned in G.O.A.T. discussions, probably because of the Broncos' doormat status of the time, but he may have been the finest receiver of his time.

Admittedly, Taylor is not listed in the top 50 in any major category. However, that does not begin to tell his story. Five times in his career, Taylor led the AFL in receiving. One might say, "Yeah, but that was just the AFL," but some of the receivers in that lowly league included Lance Alworth, Otis Taylor, Art Powell, Charley Hennigan, Don Maynard, and others. In 1961, Lionel Taylor became the first receiver in football to achieve 100 receptions in a regular season, a considerable achievement in today's 16 game schedule, but he did it in 14 games.

Taylor was Rod Smith and Ashlie Lelie, all rolled up in one. A deep threat, yet unstoppable short. The double move that Rod has wowed us with was one of Taylor's standard moves. I saw him take a short pass in one game in 1960 and outrun two or three DBs, who had the angle on him, for an 80-yard TD. In the same game, I saw him knock a DB clear off his feet with a downfield block.

The guy who broke Taylor's record was really doing something. Who was that?

I'm not saying.

-----

Comment

Well since he never scored 14 or 13 TDs in a season well that leaves me with 12. And I picked 12 21 years. I am positive.

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                        I don't believe most Bronco fans realize what we had in Lionel Taylor (although that's easy to understand since his time occurred before many of our posters were born). His name is seldom mentioned in G.O.A.T. discussions, probably because of the Broncos' doormat status of the time, but he may have been the finest receiver of his time.

Admittedly, Taylor is not listed in the top 50 in any major category. However, that does not begin to tell his story. Five times in his career, Taylor led the AFL in receiving. One might say, "Yeah, but that was just the AFL," but some of the receivers in that lowly league included Lance Alworth, Otis Taylor, Art Powell, Charley Hennigan, Don Maynard, and others. In 1961, Lionel Taylor became the first receiver in football to achieve 100 receptions in a regular season, a considerable achievement in today's 16 game schedule, but he did it in 14 games.

Taylor was Rod Smith and Ashlie Lelie, all rolled up in one. A deep threat, yet unstoppable short. The double move that Rod has wowed us with was one of Taylor's standard moves. I saw him take a short pass in one game in 1960 and outrun two or three DBs, who had the angle on him, for an 80-yard TD. In the same game, I saw him knock a DB clear off his feet with a downfield block.

The guy who broke Taylor's record was really doing something. Who was that?

I'm not saying.

-----
                        And what makes him more amazing, is that he accomplished this record in only 12 games. He also caught over 1000 yards and 90+ catches as well. That feed is simply amazing in any era. Lionel Taylor was a man among boys. I'm not sure if he's in the HOF but he should! And something even greater is that he caught 100 passes the following year in 14 games. I guess I never really appreciated Taylor until I actually thought about it.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                          And what makes him more amazing, is that he accomplished this record in only 12 games. He also caught over 1000 yards as well. That feed is simply amazing in any era. Lionel Taylor was a man among boys. I'm not sure if he's in the HOF but he should!
                          No he is not in the HOF yet and that is a shame!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by West
                            And what makes him more amazing, is that he accomplished this record in only 12 games. He also caught over 1000 yards as well. That feed is simply amazing in any era. Lionel Taylor was a man among boys. I'm not sure if he's in the HOF but he should!
                            Taylor, Floyd Little, and Randy Gradishar should be in the HOF (and perhaps Billy Thompson, Louis Wright, Gary Zimmerman, and Steve Atwater).

But, as of yet, John Elway is the only true Bronco there.

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                              Taylor, Floyd Little, and Randy Gradishar should be in the HOF (and perhaps Billy Thompson, Louis Wright, Gary Zimmerman, and Steve Atwater).

But, as of yet, John Elway is the only true Bronco there.

-----
                              If Atwater doesn't make it, its a crying shame. He was the GOAT. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X