Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the X-Factor for this year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is the X-Factor for this year?

    I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
    As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?

  • #2
    Originally posted by ydave77
    I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
    As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?
    I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.
    NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Medford Bronco
      I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.
      i agree i look forward to the whole darrent/foxworth play. they had great rookie seasons and thats what im looking forward to next season
      Canadian broncos fan for life

      Comment


      • #4
        I just re-read this post before submitting, and it's sorta all over the place. But that really is because the Broncos last year were pretty darn good in a lot of areas, but not truly excellent in any. I'm pointing to three things that need improvement.

        First, there wasn't a good enough threat deep because Ashley ran poor routes or Plummer seriously under/over threw him on plenty of occasions. They just didn't connect and the timing was off. This really needs to improve with Ashley/Plummer or Terrel/Plummer (That's David Terrel, not Terrel Owens)

        Second was our extremely poor showing on third down defense. We got absolutely killed on third down in the championship game.

        Lastly was the run game really sucked the last few games of the season. MA ran outa gas and Tatum Bell just looked confused.

        So who are the X-factors?

        Dayne/David Terrel/Duke.

        I really am looking to a number of things. I think Ron Dayne will step up and be a big improvement over MA, even though I liked MA a lot. I'd also see us getting anoher back in the draft (Mike Bell??) that could make a contribution.

        I think David Terrel will step up and Plummer will get his timing down with a receiver for those 20-35 yard passes.

        Beats me if I know how to improve our 3rd down defense. Perhaps some additions to our D-Line through the draft will help.

        Last on my wish-list is an outstanding Tight End. Maybe Duke can contribute next season, which is why I listed him one of the X-Factors above. But he's unproven, so that might just be hopeful thinking.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Medford Bronco
          I think the X factor next year will be the improved play of Darrent Willimans and Dominic Foxworth. People forget as good as they were, they were just rookies last year. They should take it to the next level and with Champ we should have some of the best CBs in the league IMHO.
          Ya all they need is to stay healthy/and if we get a good pass rush it will make them look even better.

          Comment


          • #6
            at this point, if i can only pick one answer, i am going to go with ron dayne. i think he is going to emerge as the stud buffalo that gets around 25 touches a game and be a major pressence for us.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


            "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by deer_dance9
              i agree i look forward to the whole darrent/foxworth play. they had great rookie seasons and thats what im looking forward to next season
              Ya same here man I wanna see what they got. I'm sure they'll do great.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ydave77
                I think we all have high hopes for this team again. We have most of our core players back, the only major loss I see is prob MA, and hopefully he can be replaced with a Dayne/Tater combo. I feel Lang shoudl be enough to fill Pryce's shoes, and Putz helped us, and hurt us at the same time. We needed better blocking from him, and he wasnt progressing, so we had to move on.
                As bronco fans we have been accustomed to making the playoffs, but its been almost a decade (not quite) since Elway and TD led us to our last super bowl. What do you think it will take for us to cross the hump. If there was one player or unit that you feel has the potential to vault us from being a playoff team, to being a super bowl team, who would it be and why? What is the X-factor for success this season?

                Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

                The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

                Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.

                BTW to think that the CB combo will improve exponentially next year is wishing and a false hope. They are what they are, but some improvement will happen. Don't expect two more Champs to be on the field.

                We need to get seriously better on the returns. we had good improvement over the year before but still can do much better.
                Last edited by Jrhampton; 03-21-2006, 12:31 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think the X-factor for the Broncos will rest with our DE and the pass rushers.
                  I really think that is the area that will push us over.

                  As for an offensive playmaker, we have the talent we simply need those talents to step up, step in, be consistent, and highly successful.
                  Emancipate your mind!
                  The People's Poster

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jrhampton
                    Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

                    The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

                    Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.
                    He just signed the contract. So for him to be cut so soon he must have not met Shanny's expectations. I never thought he was worth the contract he signed. Atleast he'll be getting Jacked up in a Texans uniform. He got crushed every week. I actually liked his toughness. I just thought he wasnt productive in the red zone.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I hope a good amount, if not all of the following, will exceed expectations:

                      David Terrell
                      Wesley Duke
                      Ron Dayne
                      ASHLEY LELIE (kid is a beast, just watch Brom's Catches of 2005 vid)
                      Darius Watts
                      Kenard Lang (something about me feels like he's going to be a beast)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The X-Factor this year shall be Lelie.
                        sigpic
                        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jrhampton
                          Why does everyone seem to think that Putz was not progressing?

                          The only reason he is gone is because he would not take a pay cut. Period.

                          Had he taken a cut he'd still be on the roster.

                          BTW to think that the CB combo will improve exponentially next year is wishing and a false hope. They are what they are, but some improvement will happen. Don't expect two more Champs to be on the field.

                          We need to get seriously better on the returns. we had good improvement over the year before but still can do much better.
                          Apparantly, Putz was willing to take a pay cut, the Broncos simply felt they needed to move in a different direction.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            IMO, the "X-Factor" for the Broncos will be the D-Line. Everythjing starts with the D-line on defense.

                            sigpic

                            Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

                            There are three things you can expect in life:

                            1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cinnamunmun
                              Apparantly, Putz was willing to take a pay cut, the Broncos simply felt they needed to move in a different direction.

                              Where do you get this? It is not true. Not according to comments from his agent.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X