Is it just me ? Or did we robbed 'em

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me ? Or did we robbed 'em

I know that this subject has already been posted, but I'd like to have some precisions on the trade.

On this report Espn Len Pasquarelli said that the Falcons also sent our way a couple of mid round pics in next year's draft.

« Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver for the Broncos' first-round choice, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round selections, one each in the 2006 and 2007 drafts. ».

Man, If that is true we actually robbed'em badly...

Go Broncos
    The one, the only Broncos !!!

You read it wrong. We gave them (Falcons) the mid rounders.

Comment

Originally posted by charel5
      I know that this subject has already been posted, but I'd like to have some precisions on the trade.

On this report Espn Len Pasquarelli said that the Falcons also sent our way a couple of mid round pics in next year's draft.

« Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver for the Broncos' first-round choice, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round selections, one each in the 2006 and 2007 drafts. ».

Man, If that is true we actually robbed'em badly...

Go Broncos
      We robbed em even if they didn't give any other picks.

We gave a 3rd and a 4th next year to move up 14 spots!
      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Thank you guys !!!!

English is not my native language, so sometimes when I'm tired I tend to read it wrong !!!

Tanks again
        The one, the only Broncos !!!

Comment

No worries

Comment

Either way we robbed em! Falcons are morons today lol but I don't care since it made us in a better situation!
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

Im surprised the NFL approved this deal, but its fine by me.

Comment

Robbed with a capital R.

Comment

I will give Shanahan where credit is due. He has been great with the trades. Champ for Portis, the trade with Cincy that got us DJ, last years draft, and now this.

Comment

This trade was an absolute slam dunk. We lose our 3rd, and we expect to regain a pick near the same spot with a compensatory pick. We lose our 4th in 2007, no big deal.

This gives so many options. A few options include:

1. pick 15 and 22... should be able to land some monsters
                    2. trade both picks for a top 4 pick
                    3. trade pick 15 and our 2nd rd pick for pick 8-10

Comment

I'll take your third option to get Ngata or Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by VADER72
                        I'll take your third option to get Ngata or Davis.
                        actually most likely the chance of us gettin either is ngata.

Comment

The problem with this thread is that y'all are analyzing the trade as a two way trade between ATL and Denver when in essence it was a three way trade which involved a pass rushing DE who is of pro bowl caliber, which as, Len P. states, is a rare commodity in the NFL.

Another thing is that the depth in this year's draft is supposed to be good so we should be able to get a good player in the 3rd round.

Anyways, best of luck this year.
                          Last edited by DeacKillsaDevil; 03-21-2006, 07:45 PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Well it all depends who you are... Atlanta may think that JA is the missing piece to take them to the Superbowl. Jets are just happy to get rid of JA and get a first rounder in tow, because no one was going to give them one. Broncos are happy with the 15 pick for a 29th because this is a deep draft and it really looks like at this time they are wanting to build with that draft.

If you look at all three teams in this way, all of them won. No one robbed anyone. I sure do like Denver's chances though at this time, being a Bronco fan.
                            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I wouldn't say we robbed any body. We'll just have to wait and see how our #15 player turns out and how the players Atlanta acquires turns out. I'm sure Abrahama turns out nice. Just have to wait on the 3rd and 4th round selections.

Comment

Working...
                              X