X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by KMA
    I know this is nuts, can you all tel lme now why?
    Because there is no way in hell that we pay a RB the salary demands of a first round pick that is why.

Aunt Bea, from TV's "Andy Griffith Show" could rumble on for at least 800 yards p/y in Denver, we will NEVER pay a back that kind of money.

Leave a comment:

• KMA
    replied
    Pease just tell me I'm nuts...

Ok,
    Walk with me here, and tell me why this won't happen....
    *Mike Anderson: GONE
    *Ron Dayne Starting back: good change up, but not full time starter.
    *Re-sign all of the offensive linemen
    *Move up to get the 15th pick retaining the 22nd
    (ok this is where I need help)
    *15th and 22nd pick to Houston (Kubiak) for the #1 aka Reggie Bush
    I know this is nuts, can you all tel lme now why?
    I cant get it out of my head
    We get Bush (obvious) Houston gets two picks to take the offensive protection that David Carr needs so badly and that Kubiak is used to operating an offense with.
    Just thinkinkg out loud here,
    Let the rumor dispelling begin!!!
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Dean
    replied
    Nope. I think that they are just waiting for the bell to start the next round.

Leave a comment:

• Krugan
    replied
    I cant believe it.

This thread is for the most part positive.

The we are doomed without abraham'ers arent quaking. The we arent doing anything'ers are silent.

I think the world is on its last leg...

Leave a comment:

• DeacKillsaDevil
    replied
    It was a no brainer on all sides.

Broncos move up in the draft.
    Jets get a first round pick
    Falcons get the only proven commodity in the deal and two extra picks.

Leave a comment:

• joonyah9
    replied
    here's something to think about:
    remember in the 04 draft when, I think it was S. Jackson was the first Rb taken by the Rams with the 20 something pick (or was it Dallas w/ J. Jones). The point I'm trying to make is there still might be some formidable RB's left in the 2nd round cause all the teams (exept us) picking late in the 1st round don't really need the help in that position. we could very well see White end up going in the second round. with that in mind, Shanny should use those 2 1st rounders to draft studs....and I mean STUDS
    This years draft IS THAT DEEP!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• charcoal01
    replied
    i think this trade really works out well for everyone. abraham got what he wanted, the jets got a very good deal back for a player who was obviously unhappy, the falcons got a guy the desperately wanted, and the broncos moved themselves into position to take two guys who can make a first year impact at 15 and 22. they really missed out on impact players in free agency so moving into an area were they can find a guy who can come in and make some impact right away if not get starting minutes. there will be so much talent available at 15 its unbelievable. and to move up 14 spots for our 29th, a 3rd and a future 4th is such a great deal for us. after losing hayward and kennoy and the other guy to seattle that i cant think of his name, we were set up to get a compensatory 3rd right around the spot where our previous third was. i myself was very unhappy with the lack of moves denver had been making in FA, but this trade makes up for all of the inaction. great move shanny and co.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Huh?

What kind of debauchery?

-----
    --- what glared out to me in EspLenny's piece was "sometimes problematic Abraham" and "Given some of his past off-field issues" ---

--- Perhaps the deal was even sweeter by not adding Abe to our roster !

--- And we still have some moola to sign an elite draftee !!!

---

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Originally posted by rcsodak
    Since you're from Quebec:

Les faucons ont également pris des ciseaux de choix moyen-ronds, un dans les 2006 et 2007 ébauches.

Hope this helps.......
    Huh?

What kind of debauchery?

-----

Leave a comment:

• rcsodak
    replied
    Originally posted by charel5
    I know that this subject has already been posted, but I'd like to have some precisions on the trade.

On this report Espn Len Pasquarelli said that the Falcons also sent our way a couple of mid round pics in next year's draft.

« Atlanta sent its first-round choice, the 15th pick overall in this year's draft, to Denver for the Broncos' first-round choice, No. 29 overall. The Falcons also picked up a pair of middle-round selections, one each in the 2006 and 2007 drafts. ».

Man, If that is true we actually robbed'em badly...

Go Broncos
    Since you're from Quebec:

Les faucons ont également pris des ciseaux de choix moyen-ronds, un dans les 2006 et 2007 ébauches.

Hope this helps.......

Leave a comment:

• KS-BroncoGirl
    replied
    I think...

Originally posted by DeacKillsaDevil
    The problem with this thread is that y'all are analyzing the trade as a two way trade between ATL and Denver when in essence it was a three way trade which involved a pass rushing DE who is of pro bowl caliber, which as, Len P. states, is a rare commodity in the NFL.

Another thing is that the depth in this year's draft is supposed to be good so we should be able to get a good player in the 3rd round.

Anyways, best of luck this year.
    ...I read somewhere last year that Shanahan stated that one of the reasons for the trade we made last year to opt out of last year's first round pick was due to lack of talent of last years draft in comparison to this year. May just payoff. Also welcome to the board newbie. Glad you're here. Hope you can stay awhile.
    Last edited by KS-BroncoGirl; 03-21-2006, 08:36 PM. Reason: forgotten info

Leave a comment:

• Freestyle
    replied
    Originally posted by West
    I wouldn't say we robbed any body. We'll just have to wait and see how our #15 player turns out and how the players Atlanta acquires turns out. I'm sure Abrahama turns out nice. Just have to wait on the 3rd and 4th round selections.
    You're right, it all depends on who we pick.

If we draft another Marcus Nash or Willie Middlebrooks than its all for naught.

Leave a comment:

• West
    replied
    Originally posted by topscribe
    Shades of Dominique . . .

-----
    Love the sarcasm! *thumbs up*

Leave a comment:

• topscribe
    replied
    Don't know do we? I've seen 3rd and 4th round picks turn out better than 1st rounders and vice versa.
    Shades of Dominique . . .

-----

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    I wouldn't say we robbed any body. We'll just have to wait and see how our #15 player turns out and how the players Atlanta acquires turns out. I'm sure Abrahama turns out nice. Just have to wait on the 3rd and 4th round selections.
    We took ourselves out of the Abraham race... inserting him as though we "lost him" is not valid.

We KNEW we he was out of reach, and therefore got ourselves a hell of a deal, regardless if that helped send him to ATL, he wasn't our's, or going to be our's and we knew it.

It has nothing to do with us "losing" Abe, it has to do with us losing a 3rd and a 4th.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X