Tatum Bell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tatum Bell

Support for Bell seems to be very divided on this board. What is everyones opinion on him as our starting running-back. Personally, I think he should be the first choice RB, with Dayne filling in at shortyardage and goalline situation.

Look at Bells' stats last year, nearly 1000 yds rushing and he was splitting the carries!! Did he not have the highest ypc in the league??

In saying that, with moving up to 15 in the draft, theres obviously a strong likelihood we might draft a stud RB.

Whats everyones thoughts?
    Bell
    36.59%
    Dayne
    30.49%
    Draft Pick
    29.27%
    FA running back
    3.66%

I hope the back that performs the best in practice and spring training is the back that gets the nod.

I hope Bell will be that back!
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Comment

I think they should all have the battle and who ever wins should get the spot.

Comment

Stick a fork in Tater - he's done.

Comment

i still need to see tatum with the muscle he supposed to be packing on. With his speed and moves, if he gets some push with those legs he could be a valuable player. but with deangelo williams in the draft and us having a 15 pick id say lets get him and williams will win the jobs no doubt over bell and dayne.
          sigpic

Comment

listen........

Originally posted by robfra78
            Support for Bell seems to be very divided on this board. What is everyones opinion on him as our starting running-back. Personally, I think he should be the first choice RB, with Dayne filling in at shortyardage and goalline situation.

Whats everyones thoughts?
            Dayne is not a shortyardage/goaline back. He's what the broncos have been looking for in a rb since Portis. But my vote is for whoever goes 100% all the time, just the way MA earned it last year, and i hope that guy will be Dayne.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

I am split on either going for LenDale or DeAngelo, or keeping Bell. I voted Bell, but either of ther 3 players I wouldn't mind at all, as long as one of them and Bell split carries. If we don't draft a RB, than I think that Tatum and Dayne should split the carries 60%-40%.
              Last edited by BVP; 03-22-2006, 10:27 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Of the backs we have, my vote would be for Dayne. I am excited at the prospect of him carrying the load for us next year. On another topic someone mentioned the type of RB Shaun Alexander is, and I think in our system, Dayne would be that type of back. A consistent back, who may not break a bunch of 70yd runs, but would end up with 2 or 3 15 - 25yd runs per game.

All of that being said, I am really thinking that we may draft a RB at 15, and if we do, that boy better become THE MAN for us, or I'll be severely pissed.
                Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
                Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
                Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Comment

WHY DO WE NEED A SPECIFIC #1 RB? Didn't we do awsome last year without one?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diesel51
                    Of the backs we have, my vote would be for Dayne. I am excited at the prospect of him carrying the load for us next year. On another topic someone mentioned the type of RB Shaun Alexander is, and I think in our system, Dayne would be that type of back. A consistent back, who may not break a bunch of 70yd runs, but would end up with 2 or 3 15 - 25yd runs per game.

All of that being said, I am really thinking that we may draft a RB at 15, and if we do, that boy better become THE MAN for us, or I'll be severely pissed.
                    however you may be surprised,,,,of all the backs in daynes class of 1999 dayne had more 40 yd or longer runs than any of them !!!!!,,,so get ready for the dayne train !!!!

Comment

I have to go with Tatum Bell...reminds me the most of Clinton Portis, who I wish we still had! (not arguing the trade though, just saying!!)

I've just seen too much of Dayne in NY to pick him.

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

Well...Bell had a shaky rookie season with injuries and this year, he showed signs of things to come BUT at the end of the season, he looked like he was deflating.

We want to see him excel, but if he wants to be an everydown back, he has to show he cana be durable.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Split Carries

We need a power back to start to wear down the D for Tatum to give us his long yard TD sprints, but I don't want it to be Dayne, I'd rather it be LenDale White.

Plus this prevents Tatum from getting injured as badly like always, but you never know, maybe if Tatum works hard on his durability he can become an every-down back.
                          Last edited by LiquidBlue; 03-22-2006, 12:15 PM.

Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                          RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                          Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                          -Kobe Bryant-

Comment

I want the guy who works hardest in training camp and preseason. I want the guy who earns it.

Comment

Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                              We need a power back to start to wear down the D for Tatum to give us his long yard TD sprints, but I don't want it to be Dayne, I'd rather it be LenDale White.

Plus this prevents Tatum from getting injured as badly like always, but you never know, maybe if Tatum works hard on his durability he can become an every-down back.

I think last season proved that this could be done. I still miss Clinton Portis.

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

Working...
                              X