Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name the game!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Name the game!

    Here is how this is going to work. I am going to give you a final score to a Broncos game and you have to tell me what games that is. I am only going to use playoff scores because regular season scores can be used hundreds of times.

    What you need in the reply is the foe, the season, and why this game was important to get full credit. Some may be easy, but others are doosies.


    Broncos-Foe


    23-10

    34-21

    10-27

    38-33

    31-24

    10-55

    23-20

    27-30

    24-42

    27-13

    7-31


    Good luck and no cheating!
    Last edited by LoyalSoldier; 03-23-2006, 09:46 PM.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

  • #2
    foe...... ??

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Reidman
      foe...... ??
      Other team. Basically the Bronco's final score is always listed first.
      "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by LoyalSoldier


        31-24

        Broncos vs Packers, Super Bowl XXXII

        edit: messed up the super bowl name...
        Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
        http://www.sports303.com/
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          I didn't know them all. So, I only guessed the ones I thought I knew. As this clearly shows, I didn't cheat (because I would have answered them all if I did).

          23-10 (Giants in SB XXI)

          34-21

          10-27

          38-33 (1989 AFCC game)

          31-24

          10-55 (49ers in the SB XXIV)

          23-20 (Playoff game against Houston - forgot the year)

          27-30

          24-42

          27-13

          7-31
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
            Here is how this is going to work. I am going to give you a final score to a Broncos game and you have to tell me what games that is. I am only going to use playoff scores because regular season scores can be used hundreds of times.

            What you need in the reply is the foe, the season, and why this game was important to get full credit. Some may be easy, but others are doosies.


            Broncos-Foe


            23-10

            34-21

            10-27

            38-33

            31-24

            10-55

            23-20

            27-30

            24-42

            27-13

            7-31


            Good luck and no cheating!
            Let's see...

            10-27-Dallas-Super Bowl 12
            23-20-Cleveland-The Drive-1986 AFC Championship
            38-33-Cleveland-The Drive 2-1989 AFC Championship?
            10-55-SanFrancisco-Super Bowl 24

            Not sure about the rest without cheating!
            Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
              23-10 (Giants in SB XXI) n would be 10-23

              38-33 (1989 AFCC game) y

              10-55 (49ers in the SB XXIV) y

              23-20 (Playoff game against Houston - forgot the year) n

              2 out of 4.

              BTW the previous poster got the score right on the superbowl 32.
              "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

              Comment


              • #8
                27-30

                Jacksonville against Broncos, I believe. 1996 AFC Playoffs
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have been following football for only 3 years, so I won't recognize the older ones.

                  31-21 --- I think this was the Superbowl, the one in which Elway faced Farve... think I saw in a Broncos video...

                  10-55 --- Think this was a Superbowl loss against 49ers? Raider fans keep smacking me about this one.... think its quite famous....

                  27-13 --- How can I not know this one of the best moments of my life .... On Jan 14, 2006, the Denver Broncos ended the Patriots dynasty in emphatic fashion at Invesco field......




                  Don't know the rest.....
                  [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am going to just state how many have been hit so far.

                    5 down so far.
                    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      23-10

                      34-21

                      10-27 SB XII

                      38-33 AFC Championship 1987 Cleveland

                      31-24 SB XXXII

                      10-55 SB XXIV

                      23-20

                      27-30 Jacksonville, 1996

                      24-42 Wildcard against the Raiders - nice trick question, lol Forget the year

                      27-13 The last Patriot game

                      7-31


                      Thats it without looking in the media guide.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Was 24-42 the Superbowl against Washington Redskins.. I know we got stomped that game but I am not sure of the score. It seemed though Washington put up a ton of points in the 2nd quarter so 42 seems right, but I don't know.
                        Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by broncos4ever
                          Was 24-42 the Superbowl against Washington Redskins.. I know we got stomped that game but I am not sure of the score. It seemed though Washington put up a ton of points in the 2nd quarter so 42 seems right, but I don't know.
                          I believe that was 10-42?
                          Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by YOUNGERJKSPEE
                            I believe that was 10-42?
                            For some reason it just sticks in my head. We only scored 10 at both XII & XXII, AND XXIV, and 20 in XXI.

                            That 10 just sticks for some reason with me. That's how I knew that was a Raider game. The other 42. Which was in ..... 94?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JWinn
                              For some reason it just sticks in my head. We only scored 10 at both XII & XXII, AND XXIV, and 20 in XXI.

                              That 10 just sticks for some reason with me. That's how I knew that was a Raider game. The other 42. Which was in ..... 94?
                              Ooof! I'm not sure. That darn 10 sticks with me too. The 20 came too late. I sure enjoyed that 34!
                              Oh, The Color of Orange! Ah!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X