Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is our biggest need still

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What is our biggest need still

    Alot of people will jump to say DL but we lost one starter and I think two back-ups. We sighned Lang and he has proven in his past to be able to produce with this exact line. A 2nd or 3rd round pick will add depth there. Next ,for some reason some people think we need a RB but we have thunder and lightning already. Granted Mike will be missed, he knew the running system better than anyone has in Denver. Ron Dayne had a chance last year to mostly learn from the coaches perspective. He might have a chance to possibly beating out Tatum for the starting spot the way he looked at times last year. A late round pick here or late mini-camp move. Reciever is probably the next most posted articles positions in need. Rod is aging. The T.O. thing fell through. Moulds is a possibility but i see one of our first round picks being spent here. i think this position is one of our biggest needs. The o-line is solid maybe a mid-rounder to mold behind nalen. TE is a question mark. With Brewster at TE coach do we draft them or wait for ex- basketaball guys to try out? We might see a early draft pick spent here. Corners are solid which Brings us to saftey. Lynch is a great leader and is great at reading and directing, but is in his twilight of his career. Ferg is a over-achiever and played well last year but didnt have the speed we needed at times.this is what I think is our other biggest need. A Kicker out of the draft to push Elam would be nice also.I think thats all I think we need..What do you think??
    [

  • #2
    Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
    Alot of people will jump to say DL but we lost one starter and I think two back-ups. We sighned Lang and he has proven in his past to be able to produce with this exact line. A 2nd or 3rd round pick will add depth there. Next ,for some reason some people think we need a RB but we have thunder and lightning already. Granted Mike will be missed, he knew the running system better than anyone has in Denver. Ron Dayne had a chance last year to mostly learn from the coaches perspective. He might have a chance to possibly beating out Tatum for the starting spot the way he looked at times last year. A late round pick here or late mini-camp move. Reciever is probably the next most posted articles positions in need. Rod is aging. The T.O. thing fell through. Moulds is a possibility but i see one of our first round picks being spent here. i think this position is one of our biggest needs. The o-line is solid maybe a mid-rounder to mold behind nalen. TE is a question mark. With Brewster at TE coach do we draft them or wait for ex- basketaball guys to try out? We might see a early draft pick spent here. Corners are solid which Brings us to saftey. Lynch is a great leader and is great at reading and directing, but is in his twilight of his career. Ferg is a over-achiever and played well last year but didnt have the speed we needed at times.this is what I think is our other biggest need. A Kicker out of the draft to push Elam would be nice also.I think thats all I think we need..What do you think??

    good post.

    the "enter" key is on the right -hand side of your keyboard-- feel free to use it. . .

    disagree here-- but i'm not jumping to say it, i've been saying it since far before i was on this board. . . it was clear last year that our pass rush was largely ineffective unless we brought an all-out blitz. not only do the stats support it-- we were at the bottom of the league in sacks despite facing the most passing attempts of any team in the NFLour 3rd down conversion percentage was much higher this year than the past two years when we had double-digit sack guys berry and hayward. . . but we all saw how we got picked apart by roethlisberger when we couldn't get pressure. . .

    adding a pure pass rusher with that explosive first step and closing burst to finish the job is the quickest and easiest way to take this franchise to the next level-- we should know by now that shanahan can make the offense perform at a high enough level to win. . .

    we've got an excellent LB corp that got deeper with the addition of nate webster, and a fast, talented trio of young corners including the best corner in the league-- could stand to get younger, faster and more athletic at safety, i agree with you there. . . but i don't expect the FO to spend a high draft pick there, whether people want them to or not. . . .

    i think they like sam brandon, he showed some decent coverage skills last year, and they re-signed him, so i believe they think he can continue to contribute-- not saying they neccesarily view him as a potential starter, but i bet he'll get a shot to take ferguson's job in camp. . . and they supposedly were pretty high on curome cox last year, and will probably at least want to get a look at brandon browner in camp also, so safety is pretty crowded right now. . . .

    i'm not saying i think we don't need help at safety-- just that i don't think we will spend a high pick there. . . i expect us to go with what we have, unless someone they really like free-falls. . . of course, it's not like the team always does what i expect!

    people would like to see an every down back who can handle 25+ carries per game and still has the speed to take it to the house, and can catch the ball. . . i'm on the fence-- i definitely think bell and dayne can be effective-- but i wouldn't mind taking deangelo williams if he's there at #22 either! i think that, despite all the talk about how shanny's never spent a high pick on a RB (two 2nd rounders in 3 years aren't "high" picks? ), he may consider it this year. i say that because he's looked at getting ricky williams or jamal lewis, so he is clearly interested in acquiring a "feature back". . .

    doesn't mean that he'll neccesarily draft one in the 1st round-- but i won't be shocked if he does! people said he would never draft an offensive lineman in the 1st-- until he did it! i think he'll take whoever he thinks can help him win (mo clarett anyone?) with no thought about what he has done in the past. . . what he's done before is a precedent, but not a guarantee of what he'll do in the future. . . all depends on who's on the board when we pick. . .




    it's not what i personally want to see, but i think you're probably right here. . . moulds, as much as i'd like to see us get him, will probably be out of our price range-- i myself would rather see us add help on the lines with our high picks, and look at guys like hass, or david anderson, in the mid-to-late rounds, maybe add a vet after the june cuts, or allow dinger a year to maybe make something out of the dudes we've got. . . and wait 'til next year to spend a high pick on WR. . .

    but i agree with you that there's a good chance we'll take a WR at #15, either holmes or jackson. . . seems to me that shanny has been re-signing most of our vets on D, as well as adding lang and webster-- along with the young guys we have in the secondary, i really expect mike to go heavy on offense in the draft, especially on the 1st day. . . that's why i wouldn't be surprised to see him break tradition this year and take a 1st round RB, and expect us to get a WR and a TE and/or RB on the 1st day. . . .

    not really what i personally want, but it's my best guess right now as to what will actually happen-- i do think we'll draft a DE, but not as high as i want us to. . . and i think we will draft at least one OL, probably somewhere in the middle rounds most likely, and it could easily be one of the guys that the media ssociates with us, like greg eslinger or mark setterstrom. . .

    guess we'll see in april-- i can't wait!
    Last edited by dogfish; 03-24-2006, 01:09 AM.
    Officially Objectified by the GPA

    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dogfish
      good post.

      the "enter" key is on the right -hand side of your keyboard-- feel free to use it. . .

      disagree here-- but i'm not jumping to say it, i've been saying it since far before i was on this board. . . it was clear last year that our pass rush was largely ineffective unless we brought an all-out blitz. not only do the stats support it-- we were at the bottom of the league in sacks despite facing the most passing attempts of any team in the NFLour 3rd down conversion percentage was much higher this year than the past two years when we had double-digit sack guys berry and hayward. . . but we all saw how we got picked apart by roethlisberger when we couldn't get pressure. . .

      adding a pure pass rusher with that explosive first step and closing burst to finish the job is the quickest and easiest way to take this franchise to the next level-- we should know by now that shanahan can make the offense perform at a high enough level to win. . .
      I agree that bolstering the defensive line would be helpful. Denver clearly got better pressure than our league worst sacks per attempt. I mean, the team went from near the bottom of the league in interceptions to near the top. It was a huge transformation and is an indicator of getting some pressure that wasn't didn't show up in the sack numbers.

      Still, our leading sacking defensive end left the team and Lynch was actually second on the team in sacks, so it seems fair to say that Denver could certainly improve in this position.

      What some people seem to miss about the offensive line is that Denver's rushing yards per carry also dropped a bit from last year to this year. The falling off wasn't bad and I'd consider it likely due to several runs that happened when Denver had a huge lead and teams reeled off long draw plays against our nickle package. Nonetheless, Denver, being around the middle of the league in this category despite having some excellent linebackers could use some improvement at the defensive tackle position.

      We've got an excellent LB corp that got deeper with the addition of nate webster, and a fast, talented trio of young corners including the best corner in the league-- could stand to get younger, faster and more athletic at safety, i agree with you there. . . but i don't expect the FO to spend a high draft pick there, whether people want them to or not. . . .

      i think they like sam brandon, he showed some decent coverage skills last year, and they re-signed him, so i believe they think he can continue to contribute-- not saying they neccesarily view him as a potential starter, but i bet he'll get a shot to take ferguson's job in camp. . . and they supposedly were pretty high on curome cox last year, and will probably at least want to get a look at brandon browner in camp also, so safety is pretty crowded right now. . . .

      i'm not saying i think we don't need help at safety-- just that i don't think we will spend a high pick there. . . i expect us to go with what we have, unless someone they really like free-falls. . . of course, it's not like the team always does what i expect!
      Well, Ferguson did have 5 picks and Lynch was still pretty effective, so I can't say that safety is a huge need this year. It is a need, but we could afford to wait.

      I don't know what to make of our younger backup safeties. Brandon did well covering star tight ends in the big nickle package, but I don't know how he would do as a starting safety. We'll just have to see.

      I wouldn't mind picking up a first day safety. I think that the position is all too often undervalued by teams when in reality it is a pretty important position.

      people would like to see an every down back who can handle 25+ carries per game and still has the speed to take it to the house, and can catch the ball. . . i'm on the fence-- i definitely think bell and dayne can be effective-- but i wouldn't mind taking deangelo williams if he's there at #22 either! i think that, despite all the talk about how shanny's never spent a high pick on a RB (two 2nd rounders in 3 years aren't "high" picks? ), he may consider it this year. i say that because he's looked at getting ricky williams or jamal lewis, so he is clearly interested in acquiring a "feature back". . .

      doesn't mean that he'll neccesarily draft one in the 1st round-- but i won't be shocked if he does! people said he would never draft an offensive lineman in the 1st-- until he did it! i think he'll take whoever he thinks can help him win (mo clarett anyone?) with no thought about what he has done in the past. . . what he's done before is a precedent, but not a guarantee of what he'll do in the future. . . all depends on who's on the board when we pick. . .
      Considering that Denver's running game was the class of the league, I can't say that I wouldn't mind if the team went for running back by committee (Unless one of the backs jumped out). There are advantages in the committee system. One is that the defense can't just game plan for one guy. Another is that both backs can stay fresh throughout the game and throughout the season.

      Still, I doubt that Denver would pass on a running back that they saw as truly elite. Every team drafts by need, but Denver has few holes and would be wise to pick for talent. My bet is that Denver will do so if they find a steal.
      it's not what i personally want to see, but i think you're probably right here. . . moulds, as much as i'd like to see us get him, will probably be out of our price range-- i myself would rather see us add help on the lines with our high picks, and look at guys like hass, or david anderson, in the mid-to-late rounds, maybe add a vet after the june cuts, or allow dinger a year to maybe make something out of the dudes we've got. . . and wait 'til next year to spend a high pick on WR. . .

      but i agree with you that there's a good chance we'll take a WR at #15, either holmes or jackson. . . seems to me that shanny has been re-signing most of our vets on D, as well as adding lang and webster-- along with the young guys we have in the secondary, i really expect mike to go heavy on offense in the draft, especially on the 1st day. . . that's why i wouldn't be surprised to see him break tradition this year and take a 1st round RB, and expect us to get a WR and a TE and/or RB on the 1st day. . . .
      In my opinion, we are pretty well set at the wide reciever position for next year. Rod Smith is still playing at a pretty high level and Ashlie Lelie is plenty good.

      I wouldn't mind seeing us add Moulds, but I don't know if it is really necessary or worth the money. Still, third wide reciever was a huge weakness on the team last year and it would be nice if it wasn't this year.

      I haven't given up hope that Watts will show up this year. In 2004, he did a pretty good job for us at the third wide reciever spot and then dropping the ball when it was thrown to him. If he can improve that, he would be a fine third reciever. I think that most people have no idea at all what David Terrell really offers us, but I think it's fair to expect him to at least be a good third wide reciever. Whether he can be something more than a third option is yet to be seen, but I am hopeful that we will be improved at reciever next year.

      If we do go for a reciever, it will be to find a wide reciever to be a definite starter once Rod leaves. Either Lelie will have to show that he can be a number one and our pick up will be a number two or we will hope to find a new number one and to keep Lelie as a reliable number two.

      not really what i personally want, but it's my best guess right now as to what will actually happen-- i do think we'll draft a DE, but not as high as i want us to. . . and i think we will draft at least one OL, probably somewhere in the middle rounds most likely, and it could easily be one of the guys that the media ssociates with us, like greg eslinger or mark setterstrom. . .

      guess we'll see in april-- i can't wait!
      Exciting to see what happens.

      I won't even try to figure out what the team goes for.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

      . . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

      Comment


      • #4
        we need a great DE or two good DE's to put the pressure on w/o the blitz. I think thats our biggest need but TE is pretty big hole right now too. Since we lost Trevor we are in some serious need of D-Line help. After watching the Panthers all season (since i live in NC) it made me realize how ineffective our pass rush really was. Jenkins, Peppers, and Rucker are so dominant up front its fun to watch. God i wish we had julius.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Our biggest need I believe is DE, with TE being a close 2nd.
          NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Medford Bronco
            Our biggest need I believe is DE, with TE being a close 2nd.


            I highly believe that Wesley Duke can become a very good player with the athletic ability that he consists of. Stephen Alexander is also a very good player to play until Duke comes through.
            "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens."

            "Basically my wife was immature. I'd be at home in the bath and she'd come in and sink my boats."

            "I believe there is something out there watching us. Unfortunately, it's the government."

            "I have bad reflexes. I was once run over by a car being pushed by two guys."

            "I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib."

            Quotes by Woody Allen-----Hehehehehe

            Comment


            • #7
              game changing DE to come up with a sack when we need it most ( without blitzing) and a game changing WR threat to keep the safety honest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Quarterback! Trade #15 & #22 For Vincent Young!

                Don't care what any of you guys think. That's what I want and in my honest opinion we need most. Not necessarily Vincent Young, but someone far better talent wise than Jake "The Fake" Plummer.
                sigpic
                In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  I agree that bolstering the defensive line would be helpful. Denver clearly got better pressure than our league worst sacks per attempt. I mean, the team went from near the bottom of the league in interceptions to near the top. It was a huge transformation and is an indicator of getting some pressure that wasn't didn't show up in the sack numbers.

                  Still, our leading sacking defensive end left the team and Lynch was actually second on the team in sacks, so it seems fair to say that Denver could certainly improve in this position.

                  What some people seem to miss about the offensive line is that Denver's rushing yards per carry also dropped a bit from last year to this year. The falling off wasn't bad and I'd consider it likely due to several runs that happened when Denver had a huge lead and teams reeled off long draw plays against our nickle package. Nonetheless, Denver, being around the middle of the league in this category despite having some excellent linebackers could use some improvement at the defensive tackle position.


                  Well, Ferguson did have 5 picks and Lynch was still pretty effective, so I can't say that safety is a huge need this year. It is a need, but we could afford to wait.

                  I don't know what to make of our younger backup safeties. Brandon did well covering star tight ends in the big nickle package, but I don't know how he would do as a starting safety. We'll just have to see.

                  I wouldn't mind picking up a first day safety. I think that the position is all too often undervalued by teams when in reality it is a pretty important position.
                  Well, that's been the spin. That the DL generated "pressures" even though it didn't generate sacks. Unfortunately that's like most nice sounding nonsense. It is just happy talk designed to make people happy with failure!

                  The Broncos blitzed an awful lot last season, and that translated into more picks. Probably the biggest difference was that Denver's CBs, especially Champ Bailey played very well all year and made many athletic plays. That made up for a lot of failure on the DL.

                  But, live by the blitz, die by the blitz and they died during the title game. It was in fact inevitable that the team would fall short of the SB.

                  It takes a team with NO real weaknesses to win the SB. Denver has a real weakness in it's DL.

                  What makes me unhappy so far this off-season is that nothing has changed. The Broncos lost Trevor Pryce and his 4 sacks and added Kenard Lang's 2 sacks (2005) as a "situational 3rd down pass-rusher" (Ted Sundquist's words).

                  That's a wash folks! Subtract 4 & add . . . about 4 (maybe).

                  A top draft pick DL would help, but I don't see it happening. Maybe DT Broderick Bunkley, but he's been moving up the draft boards and very probably WON'T be available when the Broncos draft at #15. Maybe Kiwanuka at #22, but I don't see Shanahan taking him either after passing on several good to great DL last year (like Patterson and Luis Castillo).

                  I think Shanahan thinks this team is a lot better than it is.

                  I see reality setting in over Dove Valley this season as Denver falls short of it's 2005 13-3 mark and fails for another year to win a championship.

                  I'm sorry, I'd like to think things will be better, but I can't be optomistic at this point. I don't see any improvement in a team that wasn't good enough last year. And draft choices won't put them over the top in 2005. Maybe in years to come, but not immediately.
                  Last edited by Cugel; 03-24-2006, 11:21 AM.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SM19
                    It's still DE. Someone give me a pass-rusher, or our defense will have the same problems it had last year.
                    I would say an edge rusher. Doesn't have to be a prototypical DE, just an edge rusher (Lawson, McClover, Wimbley, etc.)...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We have a pretty glaring need at tight end. Our offensive line lacks depth, and we're going to need safeties soon (I'd kill for Huff). Our D-Line has depth, but needs a young DE or DT. We need a receiver who can contribute in the slot for a few years and then take over Ashley's spot (who will take Rod's spot).

                      That pretty much covers it in my book.

                      1) TE
                      2) O-Line depth
                      3) Safety
                      4) DE or DT
                      5) WR

                      In order of draft importance, I vote:

                      1) D-Line (unless Jackson is still available)
                      2) WR (unless we got Jackson)
                      3) TE
                      4) O-Line
                      5) Safety


                      My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

                      I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Cugel
                        A top draft pick DL would help, but I don't see it happening. Maybe DT Broderick Bunkley, but he's been moving up the draft boards and very probably WON'T be available when the Broncos draft at #15. Maybe Kiwanuka at #22, but I don't see Shanahan taking him either after passing on several good to great DL last year (like Patterson and Luis Castillo).

                        :

                        how did we pass on either patterson or castillo? neither were on the board at our first pick. pretty hard to pass on someone that has already been drafted.



                        i think our one biggest need is another DT. everybody that says that we need an upgrade in the rush end position is right, but imo, thats need #2. getting another pressence in the middle to take advantage of warren getting double teamed would make our okay ends better. having a great edge rusher is meaningless if the qb can simply step up in the pocket.

                        i would like to see the draft address both DT and DE, but if shanny called me up and said he was only taking one, i would want it to be DT.
                        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                        "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Improve the DL

                          With the great LB corps and the very much improved secondary, improving the DL can make the defense dominant. The WR position is in flux and needs some proven depth, but with Heimerdinger's input, they just might shine with the present talent. This draft doesn't have the talent anticipated next year. A great RB would always help, but a 2nd round pick in this draft could grab a very talented runner. The TE problem does need to be solved, but again in this draft there should be alot of talent available in the 3rd round. The O-Line talent traditionally comes from the second day level, so a 4th-5th round pick would be the norm. Grabbing a QB/WR hybrid player in the late rounds makes sense, such as Reggie McNeal or Brad Smith. They are excellent atheletes and could be groomed to be future stars. Speed kills and both have size and speed. WIth the comp picks in either the 3rd or 4th, trading up within the rounds could help get the targeted players. The draft should provide some impact players and give the RB, TE, and O-Line improved depth. I wouldn't bet anything on just who they are targeting, as Shannahan and company are very misleading with rumor generation and secrecy. Guess that helps keep the interest.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cugel
                            Well, that's been the spin. That the DL generated "pressures" even though it didn't generate sacks. Unfortunately that's like most nice sounding nonsense. It is just happy talk designed to make people happy with failure!

                            The Broncos blitzed an awful lot last season, and that translated into more picks. Probably the biggest difference was that Denver's CBs, especially Champ Bailey played very well all year and made many athletic plays. That made up for a lot of failure on the DL.

                            But, live by the blitz, die by the blitz and they died during the title game. It was in fact inevitable that the team would fall short of the SB.

                            It takes a team with NO real weaknesses to win the SB. Denver has a real weakness in it's DL.

                            What makes me unhappy so far this off-season is that nothing has changed. The Broncos lost Trevor Pryce and his 4 sacks and added Kenard Lang's 2 sacks (2005) as a "situational 3rd down pass-rusher" (Ted Sundquist's words).

                            That's a wash folks! Subtract 4 & add . . . about 4 (maybe).

                            A top draft pick DL would help, but I don't see it happening. Maybe DT Broderick Bunkley, but he's been moving up the draft boards and very probably WON'T be available when the Broncos draft at #15. Maybe Kiwanuka at #22, but I don't see Shanahan taking him either after passing on several good to great DL last year (like Patterson and Luis Castillo).

                            I think Shanahan thinks this team is a lot better than it is.

                            I see reality setting in over Dove Valley this season as Denver falls short of it's 2005 13-3 mark and fails for another year to win a championship.

                            I'm sorry, I'd like to think things will be better, but I can't be optomistic at this point. I don't see any improvement in a team that wasn't good enough last year. And draft choices won't put them over the top in 2005. Maybe in years to come, but not immediately.
                            We did blitz a lot. In some games we blitz especially often, but even if this is the case, for a team to blitz as often as is attributed to the Broncos and still hold teams to such a low completion percentage and to be one of the best pass defenses in the league statistically, you can't be completely without a pass rush without a blitz. Most teams would get burned more often by such a lacking and for most of the year, Denver didn't. In my opinion, you just can't put up the kind of pass defensive numbers we put up without getting a lot more pressure than our league worst sacks per attempt ranking would suggest.

                            Now, that doesn't mean that I don't agree that we are in need of improving our pass rush, but it just isn't as bad as the numbers indicate. The numbers suggest that we had the worst pass rush from the defensive line by a wide margin. I will go so far as to say that our rush was a bit below average, but we weren't at the bottom of the league.

                            If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I still think that our biggest needs are a quality pass rushing defensive end, defensive tackle, tight end.

                            Our immediate needs are at defensive end and tackle before anything else. Tight end comes next in my book. I see our starting wide recievers as capable of maintaining their current level. It's the third wide reciever position that has been problematic. Last year, Watts showed good explosiveness and an ability to get open, so despite his dropped catches, I tend to be optimistic about him. The same goes for David Terrell. I'm not saying that I'd trust them as the first or even second wide reciever, but I don't think it's crazy to be hopeful that one of them can step up and be a good third wide reciever.

                            Our tight end situation is a little more sketchy. I don't have any idea if Wesley Duke will give us what some Broncos fans think. It's just not possible to tell. I think we know that Alexander is a pretty good blocking tight end, but is not even a decent recieving tight end.

                            What we should keep in mind is that we are a quality balanced football team. Both our offense and our defense were pretty good this year and either is just a player or two away from being elite. We are more balanced than any other team in the league if you ask me, but neither unit is an elite unit.

                            What fans are doing is salavating at the prospect of improving ourselves to have an elite unit on a team with pretty good balance already.

                            And, yes, I feel the desperation. I wanted to pick up a guy like Abraham to improve our pass rush in an instant or pick up a quality wide reciever to improve our passing game in an instant.

                            And, yes, Denver does have somewhat of a weakness at rushing the passer, but saying that a team can't have any weaknesses to win the Superbowl is malarky. Building a team with no weaknesses at all in this age of free agency (At least one that doesn't mortgage the future) is not possible. Name a team, and I can give you some weaknesses. Name the Pittsburgh Steelers and I point out their deficiency running the football. Heck, they only averaged 3.7 yards per carry in the post-season. This was despite facing Cincy and Indy who gave up 4.3 and 4.4 yards per carry in the regular season.

                            Denver actually held them to 2.7 yards per carry.

                            I mean, obviously it is in the best interest of the team to not have any weaknesses, but having a weakness doesn't doom your team. I mean, the Colts had huge weaknesses on the defensive side of the ball as did Cincy. The Jaguars had little offensive fire power while the Patriots were incredibly weak in their secondary.

                            I hope that Denver drafts defensive linemen as the primary priority, but that doesn't mean that Denver's success next year hinges soley improving that position.

                            I guess that you and I are just a little bit different. I mean, I would call us both realists that are neither optimists nor pessimists, but you have more pessimistic leanings while I am a bit more optimistic.

                            Denver was good enough to win the Superbowl this year. I see no reason to believe that they will not be good enough to win it next year. I mean, really, has the main competition been improving themselves??

                            The Steelers have lost one of their most underrated players in Hope and Randell El. Sure, they should be fine with Cedrick Wilson and Quincy Morgan, but I don't know if I can say that I can be as optimistic about the loss of Hope.

                            The Colts loss their franchise running back. Sure, they can try to find one in the draft (possibly), but that certainly wouldn't be easy and if they fail to find a RB, it will hit their offense hard. After all, while James averaged 4.2 yards per carry this year, no other running back on the team ran better than 3.0 yards per carry.

                            ...

                            None of the best teams in the league have lit free agency up.

                            I mean, SD and KC have not improved themselves really.

                            In fact, SD lost their franchise QB to start an unproven commodity. They will likely stuggle a bit.

                            Even if Denver doesn't manage to improve themselves, they will be in a position to compete for the superbowl once again.
                            My adopted fan is dogfish

                            . . . . . . . . . . .
                            . Post Your Artwork .
                            . . . . . . . . . . .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The same defensive line Lang played well in two years ago

                              with warren , ekuban, Myers and Brown , we should get the pass rush we need
                              [

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X