Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great article, explains why we need Rod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Great article, explains why we need Rod

    A good, short article by Bill Simmons of ESPN.com, it's not about Rod, but it explains how much it would suck if he left.

    I'm curious, what do you think Rod's chances of the hall are? What does he have to do in the next couple of years to make sure he gets in?

    Trying not to be biased I say he doesn't get in right now because he doesn't get enough publicity, media people are always saying that selfless players are so great, but then they give all the attention to the loudmouths. I think that Rod needs to play another 2-3 productive years with the broncos to get in. Maybe another SB. Or two.
    RIP Darrent Williams

    We'll all miss you

  • #2
    Just realized I forgot to link to the article, here it is:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060315
    RIP Darrent Williams

    We'll all miss you

    Comment


    • #3
      That says nothing about Rod Smith.
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JakeToRod16to80
        A good, short article by Bill Simmons of ESPN.com, it's not about Rod, but it explains how much it would suck if he left.

        I'm curious, what do you think Rod's chances of the hall are? What does he have to do in the next couple of years to make sure he gets in?

        Trying not to be biased I say he doesn't get in right now because he doesn't get enough publicity, media people are always saying that selfless players are so great, but then they give all the attention to the loudmouths. I think that Rod needs to play another 2-3 productive years with the broncos to get in. Maybe another SB. Or two.
        His chances of the hall are slim. Definetly underrated so that would make it hard for him.

        If he goes crazy good in the next few years he'll have a pretty descent chance but the media sucks and would bash him down possibly.

        You are right on your third paragraph but if he had a fair shot I think he gets it.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

        Comment


        • #5
          I think he'll get in.

          Isn't he already like 17th ALL TIME yardage and the highest undrafted?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Dark Knight
            I think he'll get in.

            Isn't he already like 17th ALL TIME yardage and the highest undrafted?
            I'm sure if he will but I will agree he will be deserving of it if he does.
            John 11: 25-27

            My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



            Thanks Snk16

            Comment


            • #7
              here's a cut and paste. He might not get in right away, but i think he will make it in! another year like last wouldn't hurt either

              Rod Smith is the only undrafted free agent ever to have 10,000 career receiving yards. He is ranked 15th in NFL history in career receptions and 16th all time in receiving yards. Smith has also had eight 1000 yard seasons in eleven seasons as an NFL player and led the league in receptions in 2001. He won back to back Super Bowl championships in 1997 and 1998. In Super Bowl XXXIII he had 152 receiving yards, including an 80-yard touchdown reception, in the Broncos 34-19 win. He also was a Walter Payton Man of the Year finalist in 2004.

              * 1st undrafted player to hit the 10,000 receiving yard milestone.
              * Has the most catches, receiving yards and touchdown receptions of any undrafted receiver in NFL history.
              * Holds Denver Broncos franchise records in career receptions, touchdown catches and receiving yards.
              * He ranks first on Denvers all-time yards from scrimmage list.
              * Holds 8 1,000-yard receiving seasons.

              He was selected to play in the Pro Bowl in 2000, 2001 and 2006.

              Comment


              • #8
                we'd have to win another superbowl with him being a big part of it for him to make it to the hall. I think we win a superbowl in the next two years with rod as our #1 or 2 receiver and he should make the hall.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                  I think he'll get in.

                  Isn't he already like 17th ALL TIME yardage and the highest undrafted?
                  i aggree hes near the top in most catagoryes... a couple of things he lacks.. Media Coverage. Pro Bowls. TD receptions the nfl has been around a long time and to be at the top of those lists means that he should atleast get consideration... although i think it will be twenty years down the road before he gets the nod if he does
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rod will absolutely get into our own Ring of Fame.
                    The NFL Hall of Fame will be a bit tougher. I think we need to win another Super Bowl and Rod needs one more good season.

                    I see Rod retiring as a Bronco. There's just no way we cut him and he goes and plays somewhere else. Can you see the ultimate Bronco in another team's uniform? I can't.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Grover
                      Rod will absolutely get into our own Ring of Fame.
                      The NFL Hall of Fame will be a bit tougher. I think we need to win another Super Bowl and Rod needs one more good season.

                      I see Rod retiring as a Bronco. There's just no way we cut him and he goes and plays somewhere else. Can you see the ultimate Bronco in another team's uniform? I can't.
                      people prob. said the same about rice

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's the media's fault for not recognizing what a great WR Rod Smith is. The media would rather interview Clinton Portis AKA "The Freak Show" because he dresses up in funny costumes and they want to know where he gets his wigs and huge sunglasses. Or Chad Johnson because he has a loud mouth and you'll never know what he's gonna say next. They go for the entertainment instead of the classy guy who praises his team mates for the effort they put forth in the game, the guy who lays his body on the line every play so that his team mate can get that extra yard, the guy who doesnt complain about his contract, the guy who see's the game for what it is and not for the money......Rod Smith, The greatest WR in Denver Broncos History.
                        Last edited by GoBrOnCoS16; 03-25-2006, 02:15 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by HidEmu
                          we'd have to win another superbowl with him being a big part of it for him to make it to the hall. I think we win a superbowl in the next two years with rod as our #1 or 2 receiver and he should make the hall.
                          I agree. If he's a big part of a SB team **cough*next year*cough** then his chances of getting into the hall would improve greatly. I, personally, think he should be there anyways. One of the best route running WR's in the game and really is a tribute to the old-school recievers of the NFL.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It's so cool to see how Rod can still play with these young guys. I mean, this guy went to the pro bowl in 2006, had another 1k season, 80+ catches. I bet Rod feels like he's around 29-30 years old!

                            BTW I love you Rod Smith!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I bet he gets in, what do analysts always say?

                              If you win your in, and with those 2 SB rings it is gonna be hard to keep him out of the HOF.
                              sigpic

                              Broncs All the Way Baby!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X