No announcement yet.

What's wrong with RB by committee??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I understand the reasoning behind the want of a single back. Though a two back system isn't so bad.

Either way here is what I want from the RB(s).

1. Able to get at least 4 YPC

2. Able to convert key 3rd downs or touchdowns

3. Able to take pressure off the passing game.

4. Able to allow us to playaction

5. Able to stay healthy.
    "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
      i am definately not opposed to RB by commitee at all, but only under the circumstances that each RB is good to exceptional at certain attributes. A potential template

RB A (a.k.a Thunder)

-Good Size (220-235 lbs, 6-0)
      -Hits the whole well
      -Power
      -Good feet
      -Great Goal Line back
      -Durable
      -Good Blocker

RB B (a.k.a Lightning)

-Breakaway Speed
      -Explosive Playmaking ability
      -Shiftiness (or Elusiveness)
      -Good Reciever
      -Decent Blocker

Right now, a Lendale White-Tatum Bell Combination would fit the mold.

I also dont mind having a do it all back like Denagelo Williams who looks much like Ladainian Tomlinson v2
      OP IF we draft White, Maroney, or Williams I don't think will see rbbc.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I like Dayne and Bell running out of the backfield, because Dayne is 250 lbs, but he can breakaway for long runs also, while bell is fast, but is capable of picking up that tough yard, plus it keeps either one's head from getting to big come contract time
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

The solution to the Broncos running back predicament is to trade both 1st rounders and Ashley Lelie for Reggie Bush.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
            The solution to the Broncos running back predicament is to trade both 1st rounders and Ashley Lelie for Reggie Bush.

not unless we can clone him so he can play multiple positions. . .
            Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
              not unless we can clone him so he can play multiple positions. . .

Listen to this, we sign Eric Moulds through free-agency, do the trade I described in my previous post in this thread (I'd consider throwing in Taters if it was necessary) and address D-line in the later-rounds where the prospects have much less of a "bust" factor. What do ya say, mate?

Comment

Don't.

Just don't post stuff like that.

It makes no sense.

Sure, Bush may be good. Damn good, but getting rid of Lelie would just create another hole and if we did this, we couldn't attempt to fill any of our real holes.

Would you really do this??

I mean, I can understand your suggesting the trade of Bell, and both first rounders. I think that would also be too much, but at least Bush would be filling the hole that Bell left open. Trading Lelie on the other hand would create more problems.

Oh, and it's not incredibly likely, but even in the case of Bush, who many see as a future hall of famer, there is a risk that he completely busts. It's always there.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
                  Don't.

Just don't post stuff like that.

It makes no sense.

Sure, Bush may be good. Damn good, but getting rid of Lelie would just create another hole and if we did this, we couldn't attempt to fill any of our real holes.

Would you really do this??

I mean, I can understand your suggesting the trade of Bell, and both first rounders. I think that would also be too much, but at least Bush would be filling the hole that Bell left open. Trading Lelie on the other hand would create more problems.

Oh, and it's not incredibly likely, but even in the case of Bush, who many see as a future hall of famer, there is a risk that he completely busts. It's always there.

Well I would trade the two 1st's and Bell for Bush but I don't think that would be enough for Kubes....Lelie would hold more value for them because Andre Johnson is their only good receiver and in my opinion Lelie has underachieved here and can be replaced with a combination of Moulds and a mid-round wideout.

Bush would give us an explosive playmaker that could take about 20 carries a game, line up at wideout, and return punts or kicks even.
                  Last edited by DaWildHorse; 03-25-2006, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Listen to this, we sign Eric Moulds through free-agency, do the trade I described in my previous post in this thread (I'd consider throwing in Taters if it was necessary) and address D-line in the later-rounds where the prospects have much less of a "bust" factor. What do ya say, mate?

honestly-- no offense at all intended here, but i just can't see any scenario with us getting reggie bush as even slightly realistic. . . shanny has never even spent one 1st round pick on a RB, let alone two! i do think he could break tradition this year and take a RB in the first round, but even that would be a serious detour from his standard MO. . .

and personally-- i think reggie bush is way over-hyped by fans. now, no doubt he's a very talented player-- i see him as an almost exact replica of marshall faulk. . . but to my way of thinking RBs don't have a very good life expectancy in this league, i wouldn't dream of giving up two 1st rounders for any RB, especially considering we led the league in production by RBs last year. . .

so yeah, he'll be a dynamic playmaker-- but we don't need him, we've got half a dozen holes that need more attention, and if we trade our whole draft to chase a dream, we got no picks left to fill those holes! let alone if we were to create more by trading current players. . .

so again, totally no offense intended-- i know it's nice to fantasize about those big names-- but don't get too excited about reggie, there's a zero percent chance of him ever playing here. . . i would say start getting cozy with the idea of someone like chad jackson-- i don't really like it much myself, but it's more than likely the reality of the situation. . . we'll find out for sure in april!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                      honestly-- no offense at all intended here, but i just can't see any scenario with us getting reggie bush as even slightly realistic. . . shanny has never even spent one 1st round pick on a RB, let alone two! i do think he could break tradition this year and take a RB in the first round, but even that would be a serious detour from his standard MO. . .

and personally-- i think reggie bush is way over-hyped by fans. now, no doubt he's a very talented player-- i see him as an almost exact replica of marshall faulk. . . but to my way of thinking RBs don't have a very good life expectancy in this league, i wouldn't dream of giving up two 1st rounders for any RB, especially considering we led the league in production by RBs last year. . .

so yeah, he'll be a dynamic playmaker-- but we don't need him, we've got half a dozen holes that need more attention, and if we trade our whole draft to chase a dream, we got no picks left to fill those holes! let alone if we were to create more by trading current players. . .

so again, totally no offense intended-- i know it's nice to fantasize about those big names-- but don't get too excited about reggie, there's a zero percent chance of him ever playing here. . . i would say start getting cozy with the idea of someone like chad jackson-- i don't really like it much myself, but it's more than likely the reality of the situation. . . we'll find out for sure in april!

Yeah, I know you're right. We don't need Reggie Bush, but I was just thinking how nice it would be to have him and how fun he would be to watch. It makes more sense to go with needs, which is the probably D-line most of all.

It should be an interesting draft though; it always is with Shanny!

Comment

Yeah, I know you're right. We don't need Reggie Bush, but I was just thinking how nice it would be to have him and how fun he would be to watch. It makes more sense to go with needs, which is the probably D-line most of all.

It should be an interesting draft though; it always is with Shanny!

understood-- we all have players we'd love to see here, and knowing shanny he probably won't draft any of 'em, LOL! "interesting" is one way to describe his draft strategies. . . oh well, i always enjoy the draft. . .

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          OP IF we draft White, Maroney, or Williams I don't think will see rbbc.
                          I wouldn't count that out if we drafted Lendale, seeing as he always had Bush to change the pace of the game for 7-15 carries a game, and then have him carry the rock for 20-25, it would be a similar situation with Bell.
                          Blet

Comment

nothing is wrong with it .. i t worked really well last year.
                            The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                            While he sits by his hearth at home.
                            Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                            That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Here's my question. Runningback by committee was successful for us last season, but how long will it work? I mean there was a large span at the end of the season when our runningbacks couldn't run for anything.

Comment

I know that I am getting in at the tail end of this, but I wanted to add something.

I think the only thing that a RBBC limits, is the extent to which the defense can be surprised. When anderson was in we to some degree knew what to expect. In the same was when Bell was in you knew what to expect.

I don't however think this is a big enough reason for us to draft a RB in the first round. I don't expect to ever have a perfect team, I do think we have a great SB shot next year though.

Comment

Working...
                                X