Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's wrong with RB by committee??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    I'm not calling the plays you'll have to ask Mikey.
    Show me where I said you were calling the plays? I'll restate what I said earlier, if you (meaning Jr) are going to complain that Bell isn't producing enough and at the same time say that we are throwing to the backs LESS I see your criticism as illogical.
    John 11: 25-27

    My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



    Thanks Snk16

    Comment


    • #62
      Well . . .

      Originally posted by TXBRONC
      Show me where I said you were calling the plays? I'll restate what I said earlier, if you (meaning Jr) are going to complain that Bell isn't producing enough and at the same time say that we are throwing to the backs LESS I see your criticism as illogical.
      IMO, Tater has to produce more in the area of blocking before he can be depended on as a full-time starter.

      -----

      Comment


      • #63
        seriously folks-- am i the only one on here you is perfectly content and happy with tater in his current productive role? maybe i'm exaggerating, but it seems as though everyone is either pressing for bell to have an expanded role, or complaining about him-- all i hear is he needs to do this and that, he needs to get better, he needs to be our featured back (and top this isn't directed at you just because it follows your post ), he'll be great if they just give him a chance etc etc. . . or tater sucks, we should trade him, he can't break tackles, etc etc. . .

        i really don't understand why no one can seem to just be happy with the situation as it is. . . he's a 12-15 touches per game back, and a major contributor to our offense the way it is-- the coaching staff, unlike most posters, understands that he seems to be most productive in this limited role. . . i just can't come to grips with why everyone seems to be so polarized on this issue, either wanting him to become the workhorse that he clearly isn't, or wanting him to be gone or replaced. . .

        i know he was a high pick and people have expectations of him, but he is very much a productive member of our team-- no, he can't block or run over LBs, and he'll probably never be portis, but what's wrong with using him exactly the way we did this year? seriously, am i the ONLY one who is entirely happy with him the way we used him this year, the only person who really likes him but doesn't expect him to be more than he is already?


        it just makes no sense to me that people don't appreciate an explosive playmaker who has certain limitations and fills an important role for us and does it very well. . . we have been spoiled with TD and the success of our running game over the years methinks!
        Last edited by dogfish; 03-27-2006, 09:53 AM.
        Officially Objectified by the GPA

        rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by topscribe
          IMO, Tater has to produce more in the area of blocking before he can be depended on as a full-time starter.

          -----
          I agree with you. I would also say that at times he trys to dance through the hole and at others he just he doesn't see a cut back lane.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by TXBRONC
            I agree with you. I would also say that at times he trys to dance through the hole and at others he just he doesn't see a cut back lane.
            Well, if I've learned anything about Shanny and Turner, if Tater doesn't learn the one-cut-and-go, he may be once-cut-and-gone.

            (That just popped up in my little ol' head. )

            -----

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by dogfish
              seriously folks-- am i the only one on here you is perfectly content and happy with tater in his current productive role? maybe i'm exaggerating, but it seems as though everyone is either pressing for bell to have an expanded role, or complaining about him-- all i hear is he needs to do this and that, he needs to get better, he needs to be our featured back (and top this isn't directed at you just because it follows your post ), he'll be great if they just give him a chance etc etc. . . or tater sucks, we should trade him, he can't break tackles, etc etc. . .

              i really don't understand why no one can seem to just be happy with the situation as it is. . . he's a 12-15 touches per game back, and a major contributor to our offense the way it is-- the coaching staff, unlike most posters, understands that he seems to be most productive in this limited role. . . i just can't come to grips with why everyone seems to be so polarized on this issue, either wanting him to become the workhorse that he clearly isn't, or wanting him to be gone or replaced. . .

              i know he was a high pick and people have expectations of him, but he is very much a productive member of our team-- no, he can't block or run over LBs, and he'll probably never be portis, but what's wrong with using him exactly the way we did this year? seriously, am i the ONLY one who is entirely happy with him the way we used him this year, the only person who really likes him but doesn't expect him to be more than he is already?


              it just makes no sense to me that people don't appreciate an explosive playmaker who has certain limitations and fills an important role for us and does it very well. . . we have been spoiled with TD and the success of our running game over the years methinks!
              I'm with you on this one, tater is tater to expect more out of him is not bright. Until he decides he want it moere than Q did his first year and MA last year.

              It is a safe bet that Dayne will take it away from him this year.

              Would I like studbuffalo? 20-25 runs a game getting 150+yards sure but unless one develoes in TC we are most likely gonna see what we did last year RD getting 18-24 caries and tater his 10-12.

              OK by me.

              Comment

              Working...
              X