David Terrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Terrell

With the story that is put out about David Terrell by this web site DenverBroncos.com, I was wondering what the story is on the guy? He was a number 8 pick for the Bears in 2001. But he just seemed to have an average career. What was the deal? Was he injuried, or shall I say what de-railed him? With such a bright start you tend to wonder what happened. Did he just not go anywhere with the Bears, or was it something else?

He never caught on in Chicago. Of course it's not completely his fault, with the quarterback carousel that has gone on there, but for a number 8 pick so far he has definitely been a bust.

Comment

Pretty much the Bears lack of a QB and running game. He was awesome when the bears were 13-3 but then the Bears fell apart after that and so did he but he will rebound with us i'm sure of it.
      Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

How would you like to play for a team for 4 years, with 6 different qb's......

.....and 2 (?) different HC's.....

Hopefully, he can show what made him a #1 pick for chicago.......
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Man, what a shame. I would think with the skills, size, and speed that he would be able to tear it up. I just hope he figures it out. But why didn't he really even get a shot last season. I mean, we sure could have used some help at WR last year. Perhaps he will pull it together this season.

Comment

I think a second year in a pretty consistent and stable environment will do this guy a hell of a lot of good. I don't think he'll break out and become a gamebreaker overnight, but he could definitely be a solid contributor.

Sig by Snk16, cause he's ****ing awesome like that.

DENVER BRONCOS...WELCOME TO THE CUTLER ERA!!!

Comment

Does he have good hands? recieving skills?

Comment

Originally posted by Rackman
                I haven't seen enough of him recently to really tell, but it seems like that kinda stuff is expected from a top 10 pick at wideout. I think he's still got the physical skill, but probably hasn't adjusted to the NFL game yet. Hopefully, his talent was stunted by some rough years in Chicago.

Sig by Snk16, cause he's ****ing awesome like that.

DENVER BRONCOS...WELCOME TO THE CUTLER ERA!!!

Comment

From what I have seen of him, he has decent hands and runs good routes but lacks speed. He can be physical, and fits the mold of that big WR that most teams crave. I hope he can contribute, and I think he will starting next season.

Comment

But man, his speed is listed at 4.43 in the 40. So that shouldn't really be a concern. He has the size. He's 6'3" and 213 lbs., and a vertical leap of 34". You would think he could use his body to sheild or seal off to make some plays. I just would like to see this guy blossum in our system.

Comment

But man, his speed is listed at 4.43 in the 40. So that shouldn't really be a concern. He has the size. He's 6'3" and 213 lbs., and a vertical leap of 34". You would think he could use his body to sheild or seal off to make some plays. I just would like to see this guy blossum in our system.

Oh, I guess he is faster than I thought. I did think he was a good pickup last season and I do think he can contribute. I watched plenty of Bears games of him and he played well. It's just that the Bears offense stunk as a whole.

Comment

Here's what profootball weekly had to say about him before he was drafted. They had him ranked as the top WR in the 2001 draft.

WR David Terrell
                        (6-3 1/8, 213, 4.4 E) Michigan

Notes: High school All-America WR-DB who was also an All-State of Virginia basketball player. Played in every game and started once as a true freshman in 1998, when he caught 14 passes for 149 yards and two touchdowns. Started 10 games at wide receiver and also played seven games at cornerback in ’99. Had 71-1,038-7, five rushes for 89 yards and one touchdown, six tackles, two passes broken up and one interception. Named ’99 Orange Bowl MVP after catching 10-150-3 vs. Alabama. Was a marked man as a senior and played with a healing stress fracture in his right foot but still caught 63-994-13 during the regular season and 4-136-1 vs. Auburn in the Citrus Bowl. Has experienced no discomfort in his foot, and therefore is not expected to need surgery.

Positives: Tremendous athlete. Big, strong, quick, fast and agile. Has exceptional balance and body control. Just learning about how to play his position and has a very high upside. Dominates with physical ability. Can run after the catch, make the great catch and run and return kicks. Potential game-breaker. Wants the ball in big situations.

Negatives: Still very raw around the edges. Needs to refine his pass-catching skills. Drops way too many passes and will often look to run before he has the ball or get sloppy about his hand placement. Must do a better job of setting up defenders and shifting his weight when he comes into and out of his breaks. Has not done that much work in the weightroom.

Summary: Can become a star on the next level if he works hard and develops his skills. Will be a top pick barring unforeseen consequences with his foot. Where he goes may be impacted if teams think he is not 100 percent healthy before the draft.
                        sigpic

Comment

DT was cut by the Patriots last year just as he had nearly recovered from a foot injury. For what it's worth, Tom Brady was upset that he was cut.....and thought that DT would make a very good offensive weapon.
                          My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                            DT was cut by the Patriots last year just as he had nearly recovered from a foot injury. For what it's worth, Tom Brady was upset that he was cut.....and thought that DT would make a very good offensive weapon.

David Terrell never played for the Patriots; he played for Chicago for his first 5 seasons before coming here as a free-agent last season. You might be thinking of David PATTEN, a former Patriot WR who is with the Redskins now.

Comment

i think that having Mike Heimerdinger back in our system will def help Terrell turn into a solid WR! after all he is the guy who helped Mr. Rod Smith and eddy mac turn into who they were in our system! and not only terrell i think he will also have a huge impact on lelie and help him reach his full potential! i hope for terrell's sake he really turns his career around!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X