Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver not to play Steelers opener

Quote denver post
    Orlando, Fla. - It doesn't appear the Broncos will be getting a jump on the NFL season.

According to four NFL sources, it is unlikely Denver will play the Pittsburgh Steelers in a game Sept. 7 at Heinz Field to open the season. It has become a tradition the Super Bowl champions host a Thursday night game to start the slate. There's a strong chance Miami will be the Steelers' opponent in that game. The league will announce the game as early as today at the owners' meetings.

There were indications inside the organization the Broncos would be the Steelers' opponent in what would have been a rematch of the AFC championship game. If not picked to play in the opener, Denver will play at Pittsburgh later in the season.

Seems as if we won't play Pittsburgh as a opener. What do you think will happen?

I hope the Broncos go to the black hole to play the Raiders in the opener for a surefire 1-0 start.

Comment

lol

Comment

I would like to see them play either at Arizona or at the Rams. I think these would be good games to start the season.

Or at KC.

I would rather play them there in good weather than in December.
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
          I would like to see them play either at Arizona or at the Rams. I think these would be good games to start the season.

Or at KC.

If it's KC, it won't be at Arrowhead.

It was just announced on the Broncos webpage that we will be playing KC on Thanksgiving at Arrowhead.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            If it's KC, it won't be at Arrowhead.

It was just announced on the Broncos webpage that we will be playing KC on Thanksgiving at Arrowhead.
            What?

Are they expanding the Thanksgiving day traditions, or are you being sarcastic?

*sigh* I guess I'll stop being lazy and go look for it myself...
            Thanks, Reid!
            sigpic
            Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

I would like to see Miami at Denver for the opening game

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                What?

Are they expanding the Thanksgiving day traditions, or are you being sarcastic?

*sigh* I guess I'll stop being lazy and go look for it myself...
                Yes, they are expanding it.

NFL Network is going to be broadcasting some football this season. The NFL decided to expand Thanksgiving to a third game.

It won't be like the current ones, where it's always Dallas and Detroit hosting. It will be a different team every year.

And, as I posted, it will be in prime time.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco

Or at KC.

heck no, I rather keep these two game mid to late season. We should win both and we might need them for momentum. I rather see us play a rough game early and get it out of the way. 1st game is always questionable. Look at last year.

Comment

I guess the NFL doesn't want Pittsburgh to get smoked on National television their first game. I bet that Denver plays the Steelers on a Monday or Sunday night game anyways.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cinci or Indy may be one of our opening matches.

Comment

Indy opens against the giants on monday as part of the double header.
                        Last edited by Denverslim14; 03-27-2006, 02:37 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                          I hope the Broncos go to the black hole to play the Raiders in the opener for a surefire 1-0 start.
                          Hey last year showed that 0-1 isnt that bad at all
                          Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Denverslim14
                            I guess the NFL doesn't want Pittsburgh to get smoked on National television their first game.
                            Really? This from Tuesday's Denver Post:

Denver asked to be removed from consideration to open the season at Pittsburgh on Thursday, Sept. 7.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3645878

So, which team doesn't want to get smoked on National television? hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Denverslim14
                              I guess the NFL doesn't want Pittsburgh to get smoked on National television their first game. I bet that Denver plays the Steelers on a Monday or Sunday night game anyways.
                              John Clayton Says it was the broncos owner that didnt want the broncos to play the steelers that soon, if this is true then im disapointed in Pat.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X