CBS Sportsline Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportsline Article

5. THE BRONCOS MENTION THEY WOULD LIKE TO JUMP FROM NO. 15 TO NO. 10 IF 'THEIR GUY' WAS STILL THERE.
    To move from 15 to 10, the Broncos have to show 250 points. Their second-round pick is worth 300 points, and an Arizona giveback of their fifth-round pick (40) is close enough to keep the deal alive for now. Arizona would end up with Nos. 15, 47, 61 and 79 on the first day.

So, with this said. Who is their guy?

Ngata, Bunkely, Davis, Cutler, Young??

Comment

vernon davis for sure
      "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
        vernon davis for sure
        That would be great, but really don't see San Fran passing him up. Here's to hoping he drops down to ten.

Comment

Ya, assuming the niners hold on to #6 I don't see a better weapon for Smith then Davis. I dont think there is another receiver with anything close to his value in the top 10.
          sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Please not Young
            Go Huskers.

Comment

I think I read the same article and it said Denver wanted Jay Cutler if he is there at the 10 spot.
              The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

That article was explaining how draft day trading works.

It was not actually saying that Denver had contacted the cardinals.

Instead, it was explaining how those types of trades hypothetically work.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

actually the same article was on nfl.com and it said that it was 'rumored' that denver and minnesota were eyeing the 10 spot to possibly take cutler. god I hope this is not true. (the taking cutler part that is)

Comment

Originally posted by emac87
                    actually the same article was on nfl.com and it said that it was 'rumored' that denver and minnesota were eyeing the 10 spot to possibly take cutler. god I hope this is not true. (the taking cutler part that is)
                    It did make a mention of that early on, but it didn't sound like he had a source or anything. It was a pure case of supposition. It deserves no credence.

By the way, here's a link to that article.
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

youn

Please not Young
                      He won't be there at 10

The Jets and the Titans will nab him before we get a look.

But.....having young would kick ass.
                      sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

San Fransisco already has a great TE in Eric Johnson so maybe they wont get Davis

Comment

Originally posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16
                          San Fransisco already has a great TE in Eric Johnson so maybe they wont get Davis

That's true. I think they will draft AJ Hawk to replace the void left by the now-departed Julian Peterson.

I wouldn't trade up for Vernon Davis anyway because DE, DT, and RB are all greater needs in my opinion and a good TE can be picked up in the later rounds.
                          Last edited by DaWildHorse; 03-27-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I honestly don't want to trade. I want 2 impact players instead of one.
                            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Well, even if we do that hypothetical deal (15 and the second rounder for a higher first rounder) we'd still get two impact players.

If Arizona wanted to trade down, and Davis was available, I say the Broncos would be crazy not to do that deal.

But, I doubt he lasts that long.
                              - [B]BroncoFanCanada

Comment

Working...
                              X