Thanksgiving Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Game

ok well it was just on the broncos homepage that we will play the chiefs at Arrowhead on thanksgiving, this will be a very tough game seeing as how it is there and not here! I dont know if i am going to be as thankfull this thanksgiving as i was this last year!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    sigpic

Its nice to see the team get another prime time game. Although it would be nice if they gave them one at HOME....

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
      ok well it was just on the broncos homepage that we will play the chiefs at Arrowhead on thanksgiving, this will be a very tough game seeing as how it is there and not here! I dont know if i am going to be as thankfull this thanksgiving as i was this last year!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NFL approved a third Thanksgiving Day game?

I admit, looking for a house to buy has kept me busy, but two things:

1) I was under the impression that the schedule was not out yet.

2) I knew the idea of a third Thanksgiving game, or a rotating (as opposed to Dallas and Detroit always hosting them) has been floating around for years. When did this come to fruition.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
      You should check these guys out

Comment

Why do we always have to play at KC late in the year? Maybe this will be our first meeting who knows. The last time we played in KC earlier in the year we won (2002).
        Broncos fans since age 6.
        Fanatical Broncos fan since 1991.
        Favorite Player: John Elway
        Favorite Coach: Mike Shanahan

Comment

Originally posted by Jared

2) I knew the idea of a third Thanksgiving game, or a rotating (as opposed to Dallas and Detroit always hosting them) has been floating around for years. When did this come to fruition.
          They announced that on NFL Network during the playoffs.

It will be a prime time game.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            They announced that on NFL Network during the playoffs.

It will be a prime time game.
            Ah. I don't get NFL network. That could be why I am out of the loop.

I went and read the homepage after seeing this post and am dismayed to see that the game will be on NFL Network, essentially keeping the game away from 80-85% of regular football watchers.

Iam sure it will be well done, but if you don't have it, how many sports bars and restaurants are even open on Thanksgiving? I am not inclined to leave my family anyway, but still.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Right on...

Originally posted by Jared

...the Broncos hompage. It sucks because historiucally the Chiefs beat the Broncos in Arrowhead and I hate going there but it will give me that much more reason to hate them I guess unlees we win of course. Here's to the Broncos winning on Turkey Day! Woohoo. Go Broncos.
              Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

Ya I just read that too. that is very lame and can't beleive denver agreed to play another T-day away from home and that its not even going to be on national TV. they must have given the owners something nice to agree to this.

Comment

I think part of the reason the NFL agreed to give this game to KC probably had to do with the fact that the Chiefs agreed to that game in Miami where the team had to fly in and play on the same day. I'm sure that when the Chiefs agreed to do that the NFL promised them something in return for the following season.
                  "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

yeah, except for th Broncos v. Chiefs game will be televised on NFL Network. That's real convenient for the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                      yeah, except for th Broncos v. Chiefs game will be televised on NFL Network. That's real convenient for the majority.
                      I have read that local TV markets will still get the game even if they don't have NFL Network. Those living in Denver and KC should still get the game for free.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Another Turkey Day game, glad to hear it.

Comment

Good to see we play the Broncos at Invesco first for another year.
                          The guy in my avatar's not even in the league anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
                            I have read that local TV markets will still get the game even if they don't have NFL Network. Those living in Denver and KC should still get the game for free.
                            thanks, hadn't heard that yet. Good to know!

Comment

Article: Thanksgiving Day Game

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14198523.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chiefs, Broncos to play prime-time game on Thanksgiving in KCBy
                              RANDY COVITZ

The Kansas City StarChiefs owner Lamar Hunt's quest for a Thanksgiving Day game in Kansas City was rewarded today when the NFL announced the Chiefs will face the Denver Broncos at 7 p.m. Nov. 23 in the inaugural regular-season game on The NFL Network.
                              The Chiefs' Broncos game will be the third game of a Thanksgiving Day tripleheader, following the traditional games at Detroit and Dallas. Hunt has long contended that playing the annual Thanksgiving Day games gave those teams a competitive advantage because not only did the visiting teams have to travel on a shorter week, but the Lions and Cowboys, in effect, had an extra three days to prepare for the next opponent.
                              Hunt has acknowledged Detroit should keep its game because the Lions have staged it since 1934, but the league should rotate the Thanksgiving Day games Dallas has hosted since 1966.
                              The NFL Network, which will broadcast eight primetime, regular-season NFL games in 2006, will now furnish the opportunity for a rotated game.
                              "We are ecstatic to have a great AFC West rivalry to kick-off NFL Network's primetime live game telecasts," said NFL Network president and CEO Steve Bornstein. "Being part of a new Thanksgiving Day tripleheader is an honor and we can't wait to get to KC."
                              The Miami Dolphins visit Detroit at 11:30 a.m. on CBS, and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will play at Dallas at 3:15 PM ET on FOX before the Chiefs face Denver.
                              Although The NFL Network is a cable network and not available on all systems in Kansas City, its telecasts will also be available to the participating team markets on an undetermined over-the-air station.
                              Emancipate your mind!
                              The People's Poster

Comment

Working...
                              X