Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Kubiak say that Quentin was the starter next year???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Kubiak say that Quentin was the starter next year???

Gary Kubiak
    That’s part of the business. As a coach you don’t have control over those situations. Our job now is to find somebody to replace Clinton. I think the world of him. He did a great job for us. He’s a great player and he’s going to continue to be a great player, but now we have to go and get the same production out of Quentin (Griffin), bring up our young guys like Cecil (Sapp) and Ahmaad (Galloway) and get Mike (Anderson) back to where he was a couple of years ago. That’s our challenge now. We wish Clinton the best; it’s part of the business from a coaching standpoint. Our job is to coach them up when we have them and we don’t have Clinton anymore so we have to get these other guys headed in that direction.

Alex Gutierrez; Kirkland, Washingon
    Who’s going to be the new starting running back for the Denver Broncos?

Gary Kubiak
    I don’t know. I don’t think we know that. I think we’ll have some great competition. I think it’s pretty obvious that we think a lot of Quentin. He played well when he had a chance last year. He came off an injury early in the season so we’re expecting a lot from him. But who takes Clinton’s place? That remains to be seen. I think there’s a lot of work to be done up to that point and the best man will get that job. We’re going to continue to run the ball and run it well so we’ll see what happens, but I would think Quentin would be the first name that comes to mind.

It looks to me with this quote, it is Quentin's job to lose...

We’re going to continue to run the ball and run it well so we’ll see what happens, but I would think Quentin would be the first name that comes to mind.

What do you all think of these comments?

Not if Quentin can do the job, but of Kubiak's comments.
    Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

He doesnt seemed worried that Clinton left like alot of people on these forums. He seems REALLY confident, and I trust that. From the looks of what he said, Quentin will be startin. He also said they have to wait and see, meaning he really doesnt quite yet know.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jim
      He doesnt seemed worried that Clinton left
      and he shouldn't either, Q can do just as good as CP. The ones who really carried the ball was that line making the holes, I mean I gotta give Clinton credit, he did some nice moves and he broke tackles, but from what I saw in the first colts game, and the packers game, Q did something similar to that
      sigpic

Comment

I think its a pretty typical PC response, same as we hear from players and coaches all the time. The Broncos have not yet signed a new RB, and since Clinton is gone; Quentin is the number 1 guy on the team at this point. If the Broncos are going to go after a RB first in the draft or in FA, there is no reason why Kubiak would answer any other way at this point. Why let your competition know what your team's goings ons are? He answered exactly how he should have answered in this point of the offseason. Maybe Q will be the man, and maybe he wont, but only time will tell; and no one will really know until the first snap of the season next year.

Comment

yes

exactly right. all he said was, maybe he will, maybe he won't.. we'll wait in see what happens with the competition for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
            I think its a pretty typical PC response, same as we hear from players and coaches all the time. The Broncos have not yet signed a new RB, and since Clinton is gone; Quentin is the number 1 guy on the team at this point. If the Broncos are going to go after a RB first in the draft or in FA, there is no reason why Kubiak would answer any other way at this point. Why let your competition know what your team's goings ons are? He answered exactly how he should have answered in this point of the offseason. Maybe Q will be the man, and maybe he wont, but only time will tell; and no one will really know until the first snap of the season next year.
            Good point.
            Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

i figure they will probably do running back by comittee, until one of them moves ahead. it would not surprise me to see anderson getting the main load, however i am hoping it is qg that carries the rock.
              By His Strypes we are healed!

Comment

At this point I think its QG's job to lose, but thats really a no brainer. QG was the #2 at the pos last year and that bumps him up to the #1 spot in the offseason. IMO (minus any FA weirdness) QG will be our #1 going into camp, but from that point on anything can and will happen, Shanny is all about performance and QG's going to have to earn the spot and there are a few others on the roster already who will be scratching for it.

As far as Kubiaks comments they are the standard line... just as they should be. There's nothing more worthless than reading comments from players/coaches/front office people to the media, they're either going to say the same thing 90% of others would say (non-committal) or they're going to shoot themselves in the foot by acting like T.O. or Matt Millen

Comment

Pretty much what I've been saying since this whole thing frist went down. QG's gonna get it done.

Comment

Reading between the lines?

It may be just the standard correct answer, but there may be something more to his comments.

Considering the praise QG gets from the coaches and players, he would not have been at all out-of-line to say that Quentin was the man. In fact, that's what I would have expected at this point. Perhaps he truly is impressed enough with Sapp or Galloway (I'm thinking the latter) to feel like it will be a tough battle in camp.

I've heard tidbits here and there about how good Galloway would have been, were it not for the injury to his (knee?). This could be an indication that we have better depth at RB than most people think.

At any rate, it makes me anxious to see Galloway play in NFL Europe. Anyone recall what team he's with? I want to start checking the schedules.
                    ~SshrpALelCB Lcous @T&T T m1 ^S 4Tr~

Comment

Most people think that our O-line is so good, that we could stick Grandpa Moses in the back field and still get a thousand yards!
                      :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X