#1 priority...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 priority...

What poisition is our #1 priority, I think it is TE if Shannon retires, but if he doesn't it is prolly RB's, then LB's...
    sigpic

Re: #1 priority...

Originally posted by eastcoastbrawla
    What poisition is our #1 priority, I think it is TE if Shannon retires, but if he doesn't it is prolly RB's, then LB's...
    We KNOW Shannon will retire if not this year, then next, so I'm sure with the names out there, 1 will get drafted....probably watson with the 2nd pick.
    Looking at the 'mocks' they have us getting wr, or dt, or lb.
    Depends which one you look at.....I say we go with the best available.....cop out, but if any trades happen, or somebody doesn't pick as 'planned', then everybody's board gets jacked around.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Our #1 priority? are you kidding me?

We have one proven WR, one! Without Rod Smith our wr receiver core would be a bunch of projects, has beens, and inconsistent players. Our #1 priority is WR, but were lucky enough to be in the position to fill that.

That said we still need a backup to Shannon Sharpe since Jeb Putzier hasn't developed enough to take the spot.

That said with mobleys injury and Gold leaving we have a void at the lb position. With pierce taking one we still have to get enough depth at the position to feel comfortable.

That said with Gardener leaving, Thank God!!!, berry's 'desert'ion we still need more depth on the D line. With our rooks from this year in NFLE we don't know what their development is looking like, and we still need a good interior presence. So that would be DT, then DE.

Our Oline has issues since we don't know if Lepsis will make the transition to OLT well, and whether Foster will be good as an ORT. Plus with OG leaving to Atlanta to rejoin our former coach Gibbs, there is a lot of questions and uncertainty on the Oline.

Finally RB, we have a proven back in Mike Anderson, Quentin Griffin is going to be something special according to the coaches, this position seems to be more settled than the rest. Its funny that I rank it this low on the needs list, but I guess I just trust that they can keep the running game going.

We need a backup QB who can win when Jakes down. I have a lot more faith in Kanell than a lot of other people, but I really like the way he looked when he came in for Beurlein in Minnesota. I think if he learns the offense well enough, he'll be fine. However, I think its time to give up on Jarious Jackson, he's had moments but reminds me of a really bad Kordell. Speaking of "slash", I'm willing to put some money on the table that he comes in as our backup, maybe ....a buck fifty, but still some money.

Seconday you say? Safety? We resigned ferguson for a reason, he can play his butt off. You leave him with Walls, lock bailey on single, and bring kenoy down for the run and blitz, your fine. I like herndon as the nickel but we still need a little depth at this.

There you have our needs as I see them.

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever

We have one proven WR, one! Without Rod Smith our wr receiver core would be a bunch of projects, has beens, and inconsistent players. Our #1 priority is WR, but were lucky enough to be in the position to fill that.

That said we still need a backup to Shannon Sharpe since Jeb Putzier hasn't developed enough to take the spot.

That said with mobleys injury and Gold leaving we have a void at the lb position. With pierce taking one we still have to get enough depth at the position to feel comfortable.

That said with Gardener leaving, Thank God!!!, berry's 'desert'ion we still need more depth on the D line. With our rooks from this year in NFLE we don't know what their development is looking like, and we still need a good interior presence. So that would be DT, then DE.

Our Oline has issues since we don't know if Lepsis will make the transition to OLT well, and whether Foster will be good as an ORT. Plus with OG leaving to Atlanta to rejoin our former coach Gibbs, there is a lot of questions and uncertainty on the Oline.

Finally RB, we have a proven back in Mike Anderson, Quentin Griffin is going to be something special according to the coaches, this position seems to be more settled than the rest. Its funny that I rank it this low on the needs list, but I guess I just trust that they can keep the running game going.

We need a backup QB who can win when Jakes down. I have a lot more faith in Kanell than a lot of other people, but I really like the way he looked when he came in for Beurlein in Minnesota. I think if he learns the offense well enough, he'll be fine. However, I think its time to give up on Jarious Jackson, he's had moments but reminds me of a really bad Kordell. Speaking of "slash", I'm willing to put some money on the table that he comes in as our backup, maybe ....a buck fifty, but still some money.

Seconday you say? Safety? We resigned ferguson for a reason, he can play his butt off. You leave him with Walls, lock bailey on single, and bring kenoy down for the run and blitz, your fine. I like herndon as the nickel but we still need a little depth at this.

There you have our needs as I see them.
        Excellent post, solid analysis. Only a couple of points I would debate:

1) Lelie is young, but will be a solid WR. I truly believe this will be his year. He has one more season of experience under his belt, and with Eddie gone, will be firmly entrenched as a starter for most of the snaps. Also, working against the likes of Walls and Bailey in practice will prepare him to compete against any CB in the league. I do feel, however, that if we don't have a solid TE and some good hands out of the backfield, there will be too much pressure on him right out of the chute. At the very least, count him as 1/2 of a solid WR

2) I don't see Stewart coming to Denver. The guy has proven that he can't handle the starting position. I know we're talking about a backup QB here, but injuries to the starter are not always minor or short-lived. If Jake should get hurt bad, do you really want Slash with the ball for say...7 or 8 games? I think I would rather see Kanell. Jackson should be done for the Broncos, we've been grooming him for several years, and he shows no sign of being able to lead a team. We need a better option, and I'll take that buck fifty...Shanny can do better than Slash.

Again, great post!
        ~SshrpALelCB Lcous @T&T T m1 ^S 4Tr~

Comment

Yes, excellent posts. I tend to agree that WR needs to be looke at. LB and CB also remain high on the list. IMO
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Our priorities are LB, DL, WR, TE, and possibly S since this year's draft has some incredible ones. I hope we get Sean Jones of Georgia, he's being compared to Sean Taylor just a little smaller.

Zero Wing, the greatest Japanese to English translation ever...

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever

so your saying Ashley Lelie ain't good??In the browns game who caught the pass to get us in field goal range??Ashley...In the first colts game after the colts scored on that INT TD the play after who caught the ball all the way downfield??Ashley...We have 2 great recievers, and we have Willie Jackson he doesn't seem that bad..81 catches one year!...I mean come on let's get real Adrian Madise is young and has poteintial, sooo...yeah theres 4 good WR's...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfed
                After they offer me my phat contract, I'd say a punter is a number one priority.
                what are you smoking???
                sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see us go after a TE or De.
                  The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                    i think it would be a TE and a LB for me
                    No matter what, I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                      Top three possibilities:

DE - don't know who......
                      TE - Watson by the looks of things....
                      LB - Vilma, Williams or Lehman....fast and furious....

IMO
                      "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                      tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                      men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

1. TE- With Shannon possibly retiring this year, we really need a new TE.
                        2. WR- We really do need a receiver still. Sure, we got Lelie, but we need someone to lineup on the other side in the future with Rod Smith creeping up in age, and also with Eddie Mac's retirement.
                        3. DL- We've lost Bertrand Berry and Gardener ain't gonna be here anymore either (HAHAHAHA), so we really need to look at DL.
                        4. RB- Portis is now gone, so we probably need another running back to add a bit more depth, although this maybe be questionable because we do got Quentin Griffin, Ahmaad Galloway, Mike Anderson, and Cecil Sapp, all of whom are supposedly going to be playing for the starting spot.
                        5. OL- We lost Ephraim Salaam, which I thought was a major mistake, cause he did really well on the offensive line last year. We also lost Steve Herndon and have questions about how well Matt Lepsis will do at Left Tackle and George Foster at Right Tackle.
                        6. LB- I almost put LB higher than this, but took that back. Jashon Sykes and Keith Burns did very well last year when Gold and Mobley were injured, and while we lost Burns, we still got Sykes and Terry Pierce. If Mobley can't play due to his injury, then one of these guys could probably fill in. Still probably wouldn't hurt though to maybe draft another LB in possibly the 3 or 4th round of the draft.
                        7. QB- Let's be honest here, our backups really are not that good. Kanell did terrible last year when Jake was hurt and really seemed to make terrible decisions.
                        8. DB- Man, our secondary is looking awesome this year. Bailey, Walls, Herndon, Ferguson, and Kennedy. This position is not one we need to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballRB2713
                          1. TE- With Shannon possibly retiring this year, we really need a new TE.
                          2. WR- We really do need a receiver still. Sure, we got Lelie, but we need someone to lineup on the other side in the future with Rod Smith creeping up in age, and also with Eddie Mac's retirement.
                          3. DL- We've lost Bertrand Berry and Gardener ain't gonna be here anymore either (HAHAHAHA), so we really need to look at DL.
                          4. RB- Portis is now gone, so we probably need another running back to add a bit more depth, although this maybe be questionable because we do got Quentin Griffin, Ahmaad Galloway, Mike Anderson, and Cecil Sapp, all of whom are supposedly going to be playing for the starting spot.
                          I think Watson at #41(hopefully) and Putzier's continued improvement will shore up our TE situation for years.

We can still grab a great WR at #54.

We don't anymore DE's, and hopefully we will only need a DT to add depth(assuming that D.Davis, Pope, and Eason continue to improve).

A RB in Round 3 or 4 wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

Originally posted by FootballRB2713
                            5. OL- We lost Ephraim Salaam, which I thought was a major mistake, cause he did really well on the offensive line last year. We also lost Steve Herndon and have questions about how well Matt Lepsis will do at Left Tackle and George Foster at Right Tackle.
                            6. LB- I almost put LB higher than this, but took that back. Jashon Sykes and Keith Burns did very well last year when Gold and Mobley were injured, and while we lost Burns, we still got Sykes and Terry Pierce. If Mobley can't play due to his injury, then one of these guys could probably fill in. Still probably wouldn't hurt though to maybe draft another LB in possibly the 3 or 4th round of the draft.
                            7. QB- Let's be honest here, our backups really are not that good. Kanell did terrible last year when Jake was hurt and really seemed to make terrible decisions.
                            8. DB- Man, our secondary is looking awesome this year. Bailey, Walls, Herndon, Ferguson, and Kennedy. This position is not one we need to worry about.
                            We definitely need depth on the O-Line, but as I looked at the roster I noticed we have some T's and G's that might be able to provide just that. If we can re-sign Brockermeyer our O-Line won't be as thin as I first thought. The only position we seem thin at is C because Hamilton is our starting LG.

Burns?? Burns didn't fill in for Gold, Spragan did. Burns just provided Al Wilson with breathers. That's Terry Pierce's job now. If we don't re-sign Gold we should definitely draft an OLB in the first 3 Rounds.

We definitely need to improve at backup QB. I think we could get a good young backup in the 3rd or 4th Round.

I definitely agree that our Secondary looks excellent, but depth is always a good thing. You can never be too prepared in case of injuries.

Comment

Anyone know how much longer Elam can be expected to play?? Seems like it's nearly time to start thinking about getting his replacement into the organization.
                              "Hey that's great, but who are the Chefs?" - Snickers commercial

Comment

Working...
                              X