Power Rate The Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Rate The Positions

what grade, in comparison to the rest of the NFL, do you give our current roster? One grade for strenth and talent.

Qbs 4.0 Jake had his best year. Bradlee is in his 3rd year.
    RB 4.0 Dayne will play M.Anderson, Tatum will be himself.cecil sp.Teams
    Fb 3.0 Kyle Johnson catches well out of the backfield but under-sized
    Wr 3.25 Lelie needs to continue to develope, Rods declining, #3??
    TE - 2.85 Alexander is a good blocker but lacks speed, Duke and Nate are?
    OG- 4.4 Hamilton played solid and Cooper stepped up
    C- 4.95 Nalen is the best Bronco center of all time
    OT- 4.3 foster is becoming a solid right stone and Lepsis has been elite
    S- 3.25 lynch solid runstopper mad blitzer-Ferg overachieved Sams ok
    Cb- 4.75 the strongest the possesion has been in awhile depth and talent
    OLB- 4.0 Ian and D.J. are the quikest out there will benefit from last year
    ILB- 4.5 Al is solid plays hurt every year Burns is special teams captian
    DE- 3.75 Brown & lang should play well together again. Jackson a ?
    DT- 4.35 Warren is the man with Myers and Veal pushing the middle too
    K- 3.85 Elam wasnt to hot outside of 50 but was almost perfect inside 45
    P- 4.85 Todd has been great all around football player -weird from punter

well thats how I see them what do you think??
    [

Kyle Johnson undersized? .................He's 6' 242. The exact size of Howard Griffith.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVER_LOYAL
      what grade, in comparison to the rest of the NFL, do you give our current roster? One grade for strenth and talent.

Comment

I don't think that he overachieved, nobody thought that he had any hands but came out of the season with 4 picks. Last year was the first time he was really given a chance to show what he can do. He tackles well and is smart, i'd say that Nick is an excellent safty and diserves a second shot at starter this year

Comment

Hmmm . . .

First of all, I assume you are using a scale of 5.0?

HD already commented on K. Johnson's size.

Rod's declining? Pro Bowl? You didn't say that because you saw his age, did you?

Alexander lacks speed? He's been our fastest TE.at 4.49. Pretty fast for a TE, isn't it?

Probably right about Nalen (as the best), but I remember Kaminski.

LB is our strongest position. You have it rated lower than others?

Nice attempt, worthy of a CP.

-----

Comment

yea better than i woulda done haha
            "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

I REALLY hope this wasn't on a scale of 10!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SeekandDestroy
                I REALLY hope this wasn't on a scale of 10!!!
                SD, on a scale of 10 . . .

. . . your hairdo would have to be a -10!

-----

Comment

Originally posted by jvw
                  I don't think that he overachieved, nobody thought that he had any hands but came out of the season with 4 picks. Last year was the first time he was really given a chance to show what he can do. He tackles well and is smart, i'd say that Nick is an excellent safty and diserves a second shot at starter this year
                  5 Picks.
                  "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

hmmm. this is my rating

Qbs 4.0 pretty accurate the first time
                    RB 3.5 Dayne had 3 or 4 good plays. Tatum's endurance is a big question mark
                    Fb 4.1 Kyle Johnson catches well out of the backfield and is just what we need
                    Wr 3.25 pretty accurate the first time
                    TE - 2.85 Alexander is a below average TE, 40 time or not
                    OG- 4.3 Cooper is not impressing me
                    C- 4.8 Nalen is a great center
                    OT- 4.5 Foster progressed very nicely
                    S- 3.25 Lynch is a linebacker. Ferg overacheived. Sam is a little questionable.
                    Cb- 4.7 Bailey is a lockdown corner, Darrent is undersized but skilled. Fox is good, Paymah is developing
                    OLB- 4.75 Ian and D.J. are, with Al, the strength of the team
                    ILB- 4.8 Al is another year older, but he seems to age... not at all
                    DE- 3.5 Borwn and Lang? perhaps the draft could provide some pass rush
                    DT- 3.25 Warren got his deal, now will he have the fire? myers and Veal are backups.
                    K- 4.0 Elam was still strong
                    P- 4.5 Todd is a great punter
                    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

i never said i was right

put your thoughts out there...see if we cant pick em apart...yes scale of 5. rod speed is not what it was, he might be in his last year. i have the games on dvr and watch them frequently K. Johnson just seems smaller in the running game than H. Griffith did, but I know he did block for almost 2 g's. so i will take that as a bad assessment on my part. Alexander is no 4.49 guy at least he doest play that fast. You cant tell me he was faster than Jeb. I like the way he blocks, he had some good catches but not consistant. Ferg is our biggest liability on defense. He makes the play by making some good guesses but doesnt have the speed to make up for his mistakes. With Lynch basically a lb Ferg's speed and first read of the offense was used alot. He over achieved made some plays but some plays he didnt (back of the end-zone agaist Pittsburgh). my opinion is we need help here.
                      Last edited by DENVER_LOYAL; 04-03-2006, 05:17 PM.
                      [

Comment

Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                        5 Picks.
                        even better

Comment

put your thoughts out there...see if we cant pick em apart...yes scale of 5. rod speed is not what it was, he might be in his last year. i have the games on dvr and watch them frequently K. Johnson just seems smaller in the running game than H. Griffith did, but I know he did block for almost 2 g's. so i will take that as a bad assessment on my part. Alexander is no 4.49 guy at least he doest play that fast. You cant tell me he was faster than Jeb. I like the way he blocks, he had some good catches but not consistant. Ferg is our biggest liability on defense. He makes the play by making some good guesses but doesnt have the speed to make up for his mistakes. With Lynch basically a lb Ferg's speed and first read of the offense was used alot. He over achieved made some plays but some plays he didnt (back of the end-zone agaist Pittsburgh). my opinion is we need help here.
                          According to this chart, Alexander's speed is 4.49, and this chart, Putzier is 4.62. You'll have to take up your argument with them.
                          Meanwhile, I'll hand it to you that Putzier is a better receiver, but speed is not the reason.

Regarding Ferguson's speed, it is around 4.55. That's pretty good speed for a safety.

-----

Comment

just a question does anybody have a 40 time on Duke!?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
                              just a question does anybody have a 40 time on Duke!?
                              Go to the same chart as Alexander's.

NOTE: Actually, I must add this caveat. You can't go by one chart to get a necessarily accurate assessment of a player's speed. (I was pulling Denver_Loyal's chain a little, but I did give him a CP, so I hope he won't get mad too at me.) Those charts are fairly accurate with most players, but they missed badly with Alexander, who actually ran in the neighborhood of 4.6, coming out of college. Still that is good speed for a TE, and it is right in Putzier's range, so my argument still holds.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X