why do i keep hearing we need a RB???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why do i keep hearing we need a RB???

i really do not understand this fascination everybody has with getting a RB (fans and staff of broncos, and yes i do trust shanahan).

we did lose portis (i loved the trade though)

BUT

Alex Gutierrez; Kirkland, Washingon
    Who’s going to be the new starting running back for the Denver Broncos?

Gary Kubiak
    I don’t know. I don’t think we know that. I think we’ll have some great competition. I think it’s pretty obvious that we think a lot of Quentin. He played well when he had a chance last year. He came off an injury early in the season so we’re expecting a lot from him. But who takes Clinton’s place? That remains to be seen. I think there’s a lot of work to be done up to that point and the best man will get that job. We’re going to continue to run the ball and run it well so we’ll see what happens, but I would think Quentin would be the first name that comes to mind.

we have QG and AG (the reporter for denver post, adam s, was saying that these 2 are very special and also MA so why do we need a free agent rb or high draft pick rookie rb so badly????

i hope we don't pick any1 up in free agency and pick up a rb with our 3rd or 4th round pick, any higher than that and i would be surprised.

what do you think?

Re: why do i keep hearing we need a RB???

Originally posted by bronx_2003
    i really do not understand this fascination everybody has with getting a RB (fans and staff of broncos, and yes i do trust shanahan).

BUT

Gary Kubiak
    I don’t know. I don’t think we know that. I think we’ll have some great competition. I think it’s pretty obvious that we think a lot of Quentin. He played well when he had a chance last year. He came off an injury early in the season so we’re expecting a lot from him. But who takes Clinton’s place? That remains to be seen. I think there’s a lot of work to be done up to that point and the best man will get that job. We’re going to continue to run the ball and run it well so we’ll see what happens, but I would think Quentin would be the first name that comes to mind.

we have QG and AG (the reporter for denver post, adam s, was saying that these 2 are very special and also MA so why do we need a free agent rb or high draft pick rookie rb so badly????

i hope we don't pick any1 up in free agency and pick up a rb with our 3rd or 4th round pick, any higher than that and i would be surprised.

what do you think?
    First of all, it doesn't hurt to draft another running back because of the constant need for depth. Second, having the competition in camp should help in finding the right guy to be the focus of the running game. Imho I think it will come down to Ahmaad Galloway and Quentin Griffin for the starting spot.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

BUT

Gary Kubiak

what do you think?
      excatly dude, i'm tired of hearing that Q isn't as good as portis but if you look at his running style he looks like another portis or an even better one, we got like 5 RB's Sapp, Griffin, Galloway, Anderson, and another guy on the roster but I can't remember his name if anything we should release an RB
      sigpic

Comment

I hate this trade. Portis was like my favorite player. I say that Q will be a good runner but there is no way he can fill Portis's shoes. I don't think we need to get another running back. Originally I thought we did, but I think Q will be fine and since Ed retired and Shannon might retire I think we need to get another good TE and another WR.

I hope Shannon stays!
        Damn...

Comment

griffin is a totally different back than cp. he is a very shifty back that is extremely quick but doesn't have the breakaway speed we loved cp for. also, the trade was great!!!!
          Champ Baily

Comment

Originally posted by champbaily
            griffin is a totally different back than cp. he is a very shifty back that is extremely quick but doesn't have the breakaway speed we loved cp for. also, the trade was great!!!!
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by champbaily
              excatly now we got a better D too
              sigpic

Comment

Re: Re: why do i keep hearing we need a RB???

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                having the competition in camp should help in finding the right guy to be the focus of the running game.
                Good point. Whoever starts will know that there is a pack of other RBs waiting to take his spot so he will have to perform. That also means that injuries shouldn't hurt too much. But I am assuming that the offense will go with a featured back and not split carries. I think that we just need to pick one guy to start.
                Sprite? Good. You mind if I have some of your tasty beverage to wash this down with?

Comment

I agree 100%. I think the Broncos finally got it with the Bailey trade. They need to go out and get positions that have been problems for us. CB has haunted us for years. Not only have we had inadequate players but we keep wasting first round draft picks. RB has just not been a problem and the guys we have in place (if we keep Anderson) will do a good job.

I think right now we need to focus on filling our holes at WR, DL, and TE (if Sharpe leaves). I think we should take the best guy available at these three positions with our first, and 2 second round picks.

Comment

BUT

Gary Kubiak

what do you think?
                    agree totally
                    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

Will Q be good "Yes" Will he be the answer "Maybe"

He played good against the colts, but having a good day doesn't make you starting material. It took Clinton about 5 games to be ensconsed as our starter, hopefully Q can do it, but I need to see more before I proclaim him the next star rb.
                      The Game Day Thread: Year 16 in progress!!! sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elway
                        Will Q be good "Yes" Will he be the answer "Maybe"

He played good against the colts, but having a good day doesn't make you starting material. It took Clinton about 5 games to be ensconsed as our starter, hopefully Q can do it, but I need to see more before I proclaim him the next star rb.
                        If we go with Q, I hope he does excel, because I want what's best for this team. HOWEVER...he doesn't have my confidence yet after one good game and one bad game. Sapp and Galloway are even more of a question mark because they had less opportunity than Q. We're losing out on the good veteran RBs in free agency, so I hope that we can draft a RB that can compete with this crop of unproven talent. I'm still very nervous about the RB position and another promising star won't hurt.

BTW, I thought the trade sucked. My early feeling is that losing Portis will be a big blow to this team, I'm afraid. I can't wait for the season to begin so that I can be proven wrong...
                        Fending off Chefs left and right since 1980.

Comment

I don't think there is any Broncos fans here that wouldn't want QG to succeed if he becomes the starting running back. At the same time if Galloway or some else should win the position I will want them to succeed as well.

Is this trade going to blow up in our faces? Perhaps, but imho I don't see that happening. All of those backs that preceeded Portis (TD, OG, and MA) were not considered breakaway threats, yet Denver has maintained a great ground game. Postis was no doubt the fastest of the bunch but Denver's success on the ground predicated on speed. Its predicated on everyone sustaining their blocks and the back getting through the hole so he can run "down hill." Since Shanahan became the head coach he and his staff have done a great job of finding someone to carry the ball, they'll do it again.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                          X