Second thoughts on David Terrell?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second thoughts on David Terrell?

If anyone is having second thoughts on David Terrell, look at this first and tell me he wont be our starting 3 next season.

TD 2
    TD 3

LOL, the announcer says Brady is the QB, is that Tom Brady?

I do agree that he has the most talent out of the other competitors for the #3, but it won't be given to him by any means.....I really want to see more of Todd Devoe.........
    "It's better to die on your feet, than to live a lifetime on your knees." -Emiliano Zapata
    R.I.P. D-Will & D-Nash R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by SoCaliBronco
      If anyone is having second thoughts on David Terrell, look at this first and tell me he wont be our starting 3 next season.

TD 2
      TD 3

Yep, Tom Freakin' Brady...

Comment

Originally posted by SoCaliBronco

TD 2
        TD 3

Nice

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_5256
          I do agree that he has the most talent out of the other competitors for the #3, but it won't be given to him by any means.....I really want to see more of Todd Devoe.........
          Ya todd and david terrell will be one of the most fun position battles that i want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerOverSpeed
            Ya todd and david terrell will be one of the most fun position battles that i want to see.
            Has Watts been completely forgotten?
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
              Has Watts been completely forgotten?
              Well for me ya he was inactivated by denver, and when i found out his right hand was fake that shot my hopes for him down.

Comment

Well for me ya he was inactivated by denver, and when i found out his right hand was fake that shot my hopes for him down.
                Not that I am convinced Watts will fulfill his promise. But he did a very good job in college, catching with that "fake" right hand.

*Wow, some people really jumped on that one.*

-----

Comment

i think as of now David would win the #3 spot BUT i also think we have a very good chance of drafting a WR like Jackson with #15 in the draft so if that happens Terrell goes to #4! I on the other hand would still like to see us get Walker from Green Bay and then he would be #3 or even battle for #2! but i think we will have another WR on our team this year (thats not with us yet) that will take the 3rd slot WR! and no matter what Terrell will be #4 and Todd will be #5!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
                    Not that I am convinced Watts will fulfill his promise. But he did a very good job in college, catching with that "fake" right hand.

*Wow, some people really jumped on that one.*

-----
                    People gave up on Watts because he was slotted behind Charlie Adams and Todd Devoe last year on the depth chart. The thing is that Adams and Devoe were both mainstays on special teams, so it was important that they be activated. Because of that, Watts wasn't activated as often.

He's had trouble holding onto the ball, but he has also shown an explosive ability to get open, so I like him and I think everyone is simply being premature in dismissing him. If he can learn to catch the ball, he is another viable option for us at the third wide reciever position.

As for video, that means pretty much nothing to me. I mean, of course he's going to have some highlight film from college. I mean, he was drafted in the top ten.

I'm still hopeful that he can step in and start for us in time, but in the case of him and Watts, it seems crazy to expect too much, but it is fair to expect one of them to step it up and be at least a quality third wide reciever (Which is really all that we need next year).
                    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                    . Post Your Artwork .
                    . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Get your facts straight his hand isn't fake. He has extensive nerve damage in the hand. Which renders feeling in 3 of his 5 fingers, meaning their numb. Its funny how he did all that stuff in college with the same 2 hands. Same WR that broke all of Mosses records at marshall and he gets put at the #5 position because of special team workout warriors and we forget he existed.
                      sigpic
                      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                        Get your facts straight his hand isn't fake. He has extensive nerve damage in the hand. Which renders feeling in 3 of his 5 fingers, meaning their numb. Its funny how he did all that stuff in college with the same 2 hands. Same WR that broke all of Mosses records at marshall and he gets put at the #5 position because of special team workout warriors and we forget he existed.

I hope he can make a come back and get off Mikey's list. Would be good to see someone with a handicap make good.

BTW who was our last great #3 WR?
                        I've been trying to see who its been, but to be frank Until you go back the three amigos. There are not any.

We had some great H-backs, but that position went by the wayside when Sharpe became a great receiving TE.

I'm really not sure what all the hoopla is about #3, other than preparing for the future, I don't see the need.

TOP who was the last bonafide #3 WR?

Comment

Yeah that'll be good and who knows what if Watts cmes in there?
                          MMA News
                          MMA News 247

Comment

According to Williamson's article Terrell is currently the #3 WR behind Lelie. Of course he might not stay there, since the Broncos might draft a WR.

As for Devoe and Adams, they are special teams players and nothing more. Maybe they will emerge as a legitimate threat, but they haven't done it yet.

Every team has such players. Guys who are marginal talents who stick around the team for a few years based on being tackling dummies on special teams.

Then they get replaced by other similarly marginal players. And that revolving door is why the NFL is called "not for long."

For some reason the fans on these boards seem to get really attached to these mediocre guys' "potential". You'll see it again this off season when threads get started with vociferous arguments over whether Todd Devoe or Charlie Adams or some other stiff should get the #3 WR spot over Terrell (or some rookie draft pick).

After all the hoopla about who would be the Broncos #3 WR last year can anyone really say it made any difference?

I've seen it every year now for the last 5 years and it's never made any difference who the #3 is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                              I hope he can make a come back and get off Mikey's list. Would be good to see someone with a handicap make good.

BTW who was our last great #3 WR?
                              I've been trying to see who its been, but to be frank Until you go back the three amigos. There are not any.

We had some great H-backs, but that position went by the wayside when Sharpe became a great receiving TE.

I'm really not sure what all the hoopla is about #3, other than preparing for the future, I don't see the need.

TOP who was the last bonafide #3 WR?
                              I think you said it yourself: Sharpe. I would think a team needs at least three good receivers plus a receiving RB. You get into a nickel situation, and you are going up against five DBs and the linebackers. Two receivers will be overwhelmed. So when the TE disappeared in our scheme last year, our 3rd down conversion rate suffered.

Make sense?

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X