Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second thoughts on David Terrell?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Mikey just has not had good luck in Drafting anything but LB on a consistent basis.

    It is
    1- 2 oline fosters good but not great vs freidman
    1.5-3 Wr ashley, watts could be great but the jury is still out and then there is nash

    2-3 CB's one that could never play cosistently in DEN one rookie that looks pretty good so far and middlebroken.

    4-5 LBs wilson williams, gold and mobley vs pierce

    2 Rbs poortiss and tater with the jury still out on him.

    1-4 DB's williams vs james, brown, kennedy

    1-3 DLine price overpaid under produced vs reagor and toivessi

    that is the first two rounds should be the top 60 players in the nation taken in this group.

    Not very impressive IMHO.

    10.5 out of 22, 47% out of what should be gimmes.

    Yeah I know injuries are a factor but when you draft someone that is injured in the second round. Mikey did that 3 times middlebroken, foster, and tovissie he was lucky to get one of them to contribute.
    Why did you quote my post, because I see little correlation between it and your response...

    As for what you have posted, you aren't going to find an argument here. Mike is more hit and miss than the average GM...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Superchop7
      This is a Willis Mcgahee type of situation.

      Back in the day, ACL was career threatening.

      Not anymore.

      The injury usually takes 18 months to heal.

      He could be back to his old self by the end of the season.

      This is a guy that can catch a ball in traffic.

      Actually McGahee's situation isn't similar to that of Walker. MaGahee injured all three major ligaments in his knee ACL, PCL and MCL. Average healing time for ligament injury is anywhere between 12 and 14 months and once you've injuried an ACL its NEVER the same.
      Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-08-2006, 12:53 PM.
      John 11: 25-27

      My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



      Thanks Snk16

      Comment


      • Doesn't make sense......

        "Mike is more hit and miss than the average GM..." Just like all the other GMs in the league. If New England is so great, why did they wait until the 6th round to draft Brady? Kind of an unnecessary risk. No team is perfect in the draft and Shannahan does as well as anyone else. Last year's draft should have quieted some whiners. Some fans will never be satisfied.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Colorado69
          "Mike is more hit and miss than the average GM..." Just like all the other GMs in the league. If New England is so great, why did they wait until the 6th round to draft Brady? Kind of an unnecessary risk. No team is perfect in the draft and Shannahan does as well as anyone else. Last year's draft should have quieted some whiners. Some fans will never be satisfied.
          Shanahan has won back some of my confidence, but it still doesn't change the fact that he still neglects what we really need. He can completely win back my confidence this year if we pickup some young prospects in the 1st and 2nd round on the defensive line to shore it up for years to come and make our defense great.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

          Comment


          • Originally posted by vicious2500
            Shanahan has won back some of my confidence, but it still doesn't change the fact that he still neglects what we really need. He can completely win back my confidence this year if we pickup some young prospects in the 1st and 2nd round on the defensive line to shore it up for years to come and make our defense great.
            The problem is when he drafts need we foten attack him for "reaching", which I am guilty of at times as well. Its tough if there is value in a certian pick (a top 10 projected player drops to 22), to ignore that value and then reach on someone else. None of the top DT or DE (Bunkley, Ngata, Williams) prospects will likely be available at #15. So if he passes does that mean he doesnt know we coudl use dline? At 22 shoudl he reach on a guy like Hali, Lawson, Kiwi, or Tapp? It really is a tough decision. Now lets say by some chacne Ngata or Bunkley is available at 15, now then I woudl be plenty annoyed if he passes on them there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ydave77
              The problem is when he drafts need we foten attack him for "reaching", which I am guilty of at times as well. Its tough if there is value in a certian pick (a top 10 projected player drops to 22), to ignore that value and then reach on someone else. None of the top DT or DE (Bunkley, Ngata, Williams) prospects will likely be available at #15. So if he passes does that mean he doesnt know we coudl use dline? At 22 shoudl he reach on a guy like Hali, Lawson, Kiwi, or Tapp? It really is a tough decision. Now lets say by some chacne Ngata or Bunkley is available at 15, now then I woudl be plenty annoyed if he passes on them there.
              Well i'm starting to realize that there really isn't anybody that will be there at #15 that willn't be there at 22, with the exception of the top WR's of the draft. Picking Holmes/Jackson is the most viable option at this spot or a RB which I think would enduce more of a wanting to hurl reaction than Jackson/ Holmes. I'm really hoping that if Bunkley/Ngata get close to us at 15 that we'll trade up and take one of them. This would instantly help our defense with a young prospect on our line with plenty of upside.
              sigpic
              PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
              You Shed Tears of Scarlet

              Comment


              • Originally posted by TXBRONC
                Actually McGahee's situation isn't similar to that of Walker. MaGahee injured all three major ligaments in his knee ACL, PCL and MCL. Average healing time for ligament injury is anywhere between 12 and 14 months and once you've injuried an ACL its NEVER the same.
                __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

                Astute observation on Magahee (which is a perfect segway to the following)

                Source; Richard Stockton College Athletic Training

                NFL-ACL Data

                Data Compiled from 1994-1998

                "Nearly 100% of NFL athletes were able to return to competition after the surgery (assuming the talent was there before the injury)"

                Keep in mind that Wesley Duke has had 3 ACL injuries.

                IMO, get him now, while he's cheap....and lock him in.

                The odds are in our favor.
                Last edited by Superchop7; 04-08-2006, 09:08 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Superchop7
                  __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

                  Astute observation on Magahee (which is a perfect segway to the following)

                  Source; Richard Stockton College Athletic Training

                  NFL-ACL Data

                  Data Compiled from 1994-1998

                  "Nearly 100% of NFL athletes were able to return to competition after the surgery (assuming the talent was there before the injury)"

                  Keep in mind that Wesley Duke has had 3 ACL injuries.

                  IMO, get him now, while he's cheap....and lock him in.

                  The odds are in our favor.
                  Can't argue with you there. I remember hearing that Duke had 3 ACL injuries all on the same knee if I'm not mistaken.

                  I'm hoping he's going to develop at the very least a servicable TE, but man three ACL injuries leaves to wondering how much his knee will take.
                  John 11: 25-27

                  My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



                  Thanks Snk16

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TXBRONC
                    Can't argue with you there. I remember hearing that Duke had 3 ACL injuries all on the same knee if I'm not mistaken.

                    I'm hoping he's going to develop at the very least a servicable TE, but man three ACL injuries leaves to wondering how much his knee will take.
                    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

                    Down the road arthritis will set in, usually 6-7 years, then it's over.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X