Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone bothered by the preseason schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone bothered by the preseason schedule?

Dtroit
    Tenn
    Houston
    Az

The preseason is a time to see how well plays, players, strategies, etc. work in real game situations. I'm not saying we're going 4-0 because preseason doesn't matter record wise and who knows what situations we might get into. But I'm wondering if there is sufficient challenge there to make a decent determination of where we need help. I'm afraid the lack of opposition could lull the coaching staff into a false sense of our own dominance. Could result in us starting the season on the light side I think. Anyone else feel like this?

Originally posted by SkyFlash1
    Dtroit
    Tenn
    Houston
    Az

The preseason is a time to see how well plays, players, strategies, etc. work in real game situations. I'm not saying we're going 4-0 because preseason doesn't matter record wise and who knows what situations we might get into. But I'm wondering if there is sufficient challenge there to make a decent determination of where we need help. I'm afraid the lack of opposition could lull the coaching staff into a false sense of our own dominance. Could result in us starting the season on the light side I think. Anyone else feel like this?

Not after getting manhandled by the Dolphins in week 1 last season. Losing badly in the AFC Championship should also serve as plenty of motivation. Heimerdinger doesn't sound like the type to let up on the players.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

I would think Houston would be a challenge. They are signing some terrific players. A lot of emotion there, playing against Kubes and some former Broncos.

I'm curious to see who we open up against for the regular season.
      sigpic
      Adopted by: Peanut

"You find ways to win and certainly you can find ways to lose...it's not just dumb luck."
      -Sean Payton

Comment

The preseason could be harder than you think. I've made a thread on this.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

No it doesn't bother me who we play, because preseason is more about working out the bugs in your system, getting the rookies real game experience, and evaluating the other talent on the team.
          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Pre-season bother someone?

The games don't count, and quite frankly, I think it should be abolished. They should just add 1 or 2 games to the regular season.

So, no. The schedule doesn't bother me at all. They could schedule the same team 4 times in a row for all I care.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
            You should check these guys out

Comment

Dtroit
              Tenn
              Houston
              Az

EASY???....I am sry but I hope you are kidding. The Texans are going to be a challenge. They now have Moulds at WR they will have Bush at RB they have a o-line that has/will improve significantly. That game will be a test of 2 great coaches...I can't wait until that game actually. As for Arizona they too should improve pretty well this year. I look foward to AZ making a playoff push this upcoming year and they way I see it they too will be a good opponent in the pre-season.

Also keep in mind that even if we go 0-4 in the pre-season doesn't mean we are going to suvk or that we aren't going to make it to the playoffs. Last year Indy went 0-4 in the pre-season and well we all know the success they had until the playoffs that was

Sig by Snk16...Thanks

I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3

My 2006 Draft Wish List:

S. Holmes(DE)
              L. White(RB)
              J. Cutler(QB)

Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

Comment

The only thing that "bothers" me about preseason is worrying someone really valuable will be injured and lost for the year. Like Mike Anderson in 2004.

Other than that, nope, no worries............

Comment

Pre-season is for practice, so I'm not concerned about the teams we are playing, as much as I am about how we prepare to play them.

But in the end, the only REAL thing that bothers me about pre-season, is that I have to pay regular season prices for tickets to the two home games we play.

Now, THAT'S something to get upset about.... LOL!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by keithbishop
                    Not after getting manhandled by the Dolphins in week 1 last season. Losing badly in the AFC Championship should also serve as plenty of motivation. Heimerdinger doesn't sound like the type to let up on the players.
                    Concurred, I do'nt think they'll get lured into a false sense of security. They have too much motivation to suck.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                    2. Taxes
                    3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

i honestly dont think this offseason will be easy at all, but this is just me speaking
                      "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

what really bothers me about the pre-season is. . . THAT IT'S NOT THE REGULAR SEASON!!
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Bothered, not really...
                          It gives me a GREAT reason to see the new Cardinals stadium, should be quite the spread... even though it looks like a Giant Cinibun!

Seriously, preseason = shmeaseason < NOTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                            i honestly dont think this offseason will be easy at all, but this is just me speaking
                            It'll be hard to judge until the draft IMO.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                            2. Taxes
                            3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Dtroit
                              Tenn
                              Houston
                              Az

i love this, Tenn could have Vince Young or Matt Leinart throwing to Bennet and Givens, Arizona will have Kurt Warner and Edgerin James, and Houston will pit Bush and Putz up against our preseason D, i think it will be some fun games to watch.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X