The preseason for us is underrated! How we should look at it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • champbronc2
    R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
    • Sep 2005

The preseason for us is underrated! How we should look at it.

You guys need to seriously think about the teams and how some of them have improved.

Arizona- 7/10 Challenge for us. They will have one of the most complete offenses in the league. They have the "Edge" and have two elite WR's. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Their QB Warner could be their only problem. I don't think he will be good anymore but will only succeed due to his offense around him. Their OL is good too with Dan Neil and such. Their problem is the defense sucks.

Houston- 6.9/10 Kubiak is Houstons new coach which is good for them. They have a good WR core with Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. Both possible #1 WR's. They also have a nice pass catching TE our former Jeb Putzier. Their OL should improve if Kube knows what he is doing. The defense still has some struggles and will need to improve. Reggie Bush and Domanick Davis will be a tough 1-2 punch possibly stronger than ours. David Carr is a good QB when he has an OL.

Lions- 4/10 A sad team. The coach sucks. The GM sucks. They don't have a QB unless you count Kitna. Their only upside is the WR core. Very strong. Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams. Kevin Jones didn't really play to his hype either. Boss Bailey is a good LB on defense for them and probably their only notable defensive player. (Brother of Champ ) They do have a nice DT though. Shaun Rogers is very good.

Titans- 3/10 McNair is gone. Chris Brown at RB? I don't like it. WR's? None. OL? Nothing special. Defense? Not too good.

That's how I see our preseason. There is a chance at 2-2 but I don't really see it but 2 of these games could be harder than you think.
    MMA News
    MMA News 247
  • champbronc2
    R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
    • Sep 2005

*bump* looking for opinions
    MMA News
    MMA News 247

Comment

• champbronc2
      R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
      • Sep 2005

last bump **
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

Comment

• Jrhampton
        Banned User
        • Mar 2004

Mikey does not lose preseason games very often. He does what he has to to see the players he needs to see. Then the competitive juices kick in if we are close he goes for it. Does not like losing anytime.

Comment

• vicious2500
          Bench Warmer
          • Jan 2004

Its only the preseason whats it matter? Its a time to evaluate the 2nd and 3rd stringers with no consquences.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

• champbronc2
            R.I.P. DWill Damien Sean
            • Sep 2005

Yeah good point Vicious
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

• dbdom
              Practice Squad
              • Jan 2005

a few things, of course depending on draft and how that goes, these comments could be negated but arizona still needs a line for edge to run behind and keep kurt warner upright, and warner although long in the tooth still had 4 300yrd games last season and throwing to boldin and fitzgerald, they will put up good numbers

as for houston, if they improve their OL their offense could be very good, their defense is still nothing special

as for the lions, i definitely think you have underestimated them, in kitna they have a guy with experience and can win and kevin jones is a legitimate threat on the run if he is healthy and with a bunch of receivers with potential (not yet actually shown much production other than roy williams) mike martz could make this offense very good, remember what he did with a vet with experience called kurt warner last time, but their defense really isnt that good, up front they aint bad but their linebackers and safety play can be taken advantage of

as for the titans, if they do end up losing mcnair, that really hits them bad and they will probably have a rookie start in matt leinart but other than that their offense is pretty bad, chris brown and travis henry arent bad runners but i doubt they can carry the offense on their back and with a few additions, their defense is solid if unspectacular

however another thing to take into account is the fact that for us starters like jake wont take too many snaps and i find a lot of time the result is dependent on how quickly the coach pull starters out of games
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

• sbutk
                #1 Underrated poster
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by champbronc2
                You guys need to seriously think about the teams and how some of them have improved.

Arizona- 7/10 Challenge for us. They will have one of the most complete offenses in the league. They have the "Edge" and have two elite WR's. Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Their QB Warner could be their only problem. I don't think he will be good anymore but will only succeed due to his offense around him. Their OL is good too with Dan Neil and such. Their problem is the defense sucks.

Houston- 6.9/10 Kubiak is Houstons new coach which is good for them. They have a good WR core with Andre Johnson and Eric Moulds. Both possible #1 WR's. They also have a nice pass catching TE our former Jeb Putzier. Their OL should improve if Kube knows what he is doing. The defense still has some struggles and will need to improve. Reggie Bush and Domanick Davis will be a tough 1-2 punch possibly stronger than ours. David Carr is a good QB when he has an OL.

Lions- 4/10 A sad team. The coach sucks. The GM sucks. They don't have a QB unless you count Kitna. Their only upside is the WR core. Very strong. Rogers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams. Kevin Jones didn't really play to his hype either. Boss Bailey is a good LB on defense for them and probably their only notable defensive player. (Brother of Champ ) They do have a nice DT though. Shaun Rogers is very good.

Titans- 3/10 McNair is gone. Chris Brown at RB? I don't like it. WR's? None. OL? Nothing special. Defense? Not too good.

That's how I see our preseason. There is a chance at 2-2 but I don't really see it but 2 of these games could be harder than you think.

You're putting too much emphasis on preseason games. So what if we go 0-4, does anybody really care? Preseason is a time for ironing out kinks, evaluating new guys, and deciding who fits best where.

sigpic
                They're your teammates, now.
                Best of luck, TT!
                ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• vicious2500
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sbutk
                  You're putting too much emphasis on preseason games. So what if we go 0-4, does anybody really care? Preseason is a time for ironing out kinks, evaluating new guys, and deciding who fits best where.

If I'm not mistaken a couple years ago the Patriots went 0-4 in the preseason and won the super bowl...
                  sigpic

Comment

• sbutk
                    #1 Underrated poster
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by vicious2500
                    If I'm not mistaken a couple years ago the Patriots went 0-4 in the preseason and won the super bowl...

DING DING

...Exactly my point.

sigpic
                    Best of luck, TT!

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

• Jrhampton
                      Banned User
                      • Mar 2004

But that was the PATs not the Broncos, they were also very special in those years. Great QB FGK and Defense superb coach.

Comment

• vicious2500
                        Bench Warmer
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                        But that was the PATs not the Broncos, they were also very special in those years. Great QB FGK and Defense superb coach.
                        We have everything the pats had when they made that run. The only difference is our defense isn't as dominate as theirs was because of our D-line. Its also arguable if Plummers a great QB. Within our system he's a great QB and can do what the other greats wouldn't be able to do.
                        sigpic

Comment

• sbutk
                          #1 Underrated poster
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Jrhampton

Hmm, Denver? ...Check, Check, Check ...and Check.

sigpic
                          Best of luck, TT!

Comment

• Inkana7
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Feb 2006

I also recall the Colts going 0-4 this Preseason and then going on a 13-0 run...

Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

Comment

• Jrhampton
                              Banned User
                              • Mar 2004

We have everything the pats had when they made that run. The only difference is our defense isn't as dominate as theirs was because of our D-line. Its also arguable if Plummers a great QB. Within our system he's a great QB and can do what the other greats wouldn't be able to do.
                              They have better DLine with wilfortk and seymor and their LB's are as good if not better overall than ours although it is a totally different system than ours.

I'd take Mcginnest over our either DE or Lb in a heart beat in his prime same goes for brewski @LB and vrable is not to shambbie either.

That is why they are so good at DEFENSE 6 players that are great vs our sinlge great LB in Wilson, two other fast LB's and no name dline.

Wilsonis pretty damned good FS the rest of their DB's can't hold a candle to ours, but they get so much push at the LOS with everyone else, the Db don't have much to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X