Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't read this Patriot-related thread...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    SUNDAY, SEPT. 24, 8:15 P.M. EDT (NBC): Broncos at Patriots

    SERIES RECORD: Broncos lead, 23-15 (2-0 in playoffs).

    LAST TIME: Broncos 27, Patriots 13, Jan. 14, 2006. New England rode into Denver riding a 10-game postseason winning streak, the longest in NFL history. They left with their first playoff defeat in over seven years, victims of an opportunistic effort from the Broncos, who coaxed five turnovers while only giving the football away once. That allowed the Broncos to seize control in spite of being outgained by 131 yards and outpassed by 151. Denver's takeaways led to 24 points, and a Champ Bailey interception and 100-yard return provided a crucial 14-point swing that ultimately doomed New England. Click here for more on the game.

    LAST TIME IN FOXBORO: Broncos 24, Patriots 16, Oct. 27, 2002. A third-and-8, 40-yard Brian Griese-to-Ashley Lelie connection immediately following the two-minute warning allowed the Broncos to run out the clock and escape with a win over the defending Super Bowl champions to head into the bye week with a conference-best 6-2 record. Clinton Portis rushed for 111 yards and two touchdowns and Ed McCaffrey grabbed eight passes for 116 yards to pace Denver.

    BITS: This will be the 12th Broncos-Patriots meeting since 1995 ... The teams met nine straight years from 1995-2003. No other Broncos interdivision series has renewed itself that regularly since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970 ... Denver is 8-7 at New England, but has won four of its last five in Foxboro ... In the last 25 years, the Broncos have played five games in Foxboro, outscoring New England 127-57 (average score: Broncos 25.4, Patriots 9.5) ... Denver has faced the Patriots 40 times in its history, more than any other team that was not in the AFC West ... The Broncos have won 15 of the past 18 in the series; the only defeats came in 1999, 2000 and 2003 ... The Broncos won 11 straight in the series from 1984-98 ... The first game -- and first victory -- in Broncos history came on the road against the then-Boston Patriots at Boston University Field on Sept. 9, 1960. Denver won that Friday night game 13-10.

    notice the 15 of the past 18, now thats pretty impressive.


    enough said

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by BroncoInMich
      notice the 15 of the past 18, now thats pretty impressive.


      enough said
      Don't worry, 15 out of 19 is still impressive.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by honestpatsfan
        Keep thinking the Broncos own the Pats, please, I beg of you. Keep thinking that history has everything to do with the next game. I want all Bronco fans nice and catatonic after our victory in September.
        How can you 'honest'ly say the Broncos don't own the Pats? Because they beat us in '03 when the stars were *perfectly aligned* for a Pats win. Because they beat us in '99 when we sucked because of injuries and a certain retirement. Because they beat us in '00? The same year we lost to KC twice and Cincy. The only team we lost to that year with a winning record was St. Louis.


        *Perfectly aligned:
        - Plummer hurt
        - Kannell starts (despite having the flu)
        - Elam gets hurt and Denver can't attempt FGs on two seperate possesions. One of which we punted, the other we failed to pick up a first down because of a dropped 5 yard out by Lelie.


        I know, I know. Excuses, excuses. But without that game there is no 21 game win streak. And who knows, maybe NE has to play in Denver that year in the playoffs. Then there's no back to back and 3 outta 4 dynasty talk. It's amazing what one lucky win in Denver can mean for a franchise.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by honestpatsfan
          Don't worry, 15 out of 19 is still impressive.
          Honest Pats Fan, you obviously haven't heard. Pat Bowlen was talking with Tags and pointed out that if we have to play on thanksgiving then we get to have an undefeated season. I am pretty sure that means we are going to beat the Patriots. 16 of 19 is going to look great.

          Comment


          • #65
            Man, 5 pages and 66 posts.

            This was supposed to be a "Don't read" thread

            Just confirms my theory that Bronco fans are obsessed with the Pats

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Fan in exile
              Oh Please don't just say that BB is the best coach, back it up with something. The only edge Billy has is in SB wins and that's only because Elway retired. Mike has a longer tenure more wins, and a much better fashion sense. Shanahan has a .663 win pct compared to Bill's .563.

              http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach

              the most interesting facts that you obviously elected to omit were the playoff records

              bb has a .846 win pct in playoffs - bb has never lost in round 1 of the playoffs(regardless of whether that was wild card or divisional round) in his 5 trips in 11 years - and he has 3 sb victories and a nfl record 10 playoff wins in a row

              shanny has a .615 win pct in playoffs - shanny has lost in round 1 of the playoffs (wild card or divisional round) in 4 of his 7 trips in his 13 years - shanny also made only 5 trips in first 11 years - and he only has 2 sb victories and the broncos vioalated the salary cap in both of those years (in other words, cheated!)

              and there are three reasons shanny doesn't have more sb victories . . . first, he doesn't have td . . . td was the player that gave denver the best shot at a superbowl and not elway . . . with elway you had 3 horrible sb defeats . . . elway (and shanny) were (are) nothing without td . . . second, he cheated . . . circumventing the salary cap is cheating . . . you can say it had no impact . . . and finally, he's just not that good . . . he has a good system that works well in the regular season but when it comes to the whole package, he just doesn't have it

              as for shanny's tenure, he was 'let go' 4 games into his second year of coaching . . . bb has never been 'let go' in the middle of a season . . .

              i'll give you the fashion sense though . . . although if shanny new he would have the success of bb in the playoffs by dressing down a little . . . i think he'd throw on the sweatshirt
              Official member of ViolationWatch®.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by honestpatsfan
                Man, 5 pages and 66 posts.

                This was supposed to be a "Don't read" thread

                Just confirms my theory that Bronco fans are obsessed with the Pats

                Now that you don't have anything else to say you come with this ridiculous post...

                now i expect you to say... "stop talking if you only have 15 post"


                whatever.....


                All what i want to do in my life is go to mile high

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Fan in exile
                  Oh Please don't just say that BB is the best coach, back it up with something. The only edge Billy has is in SB wins and that's only because Elway retired. Mike has a longer tenure more wins, and a much better fashion sense. Shanahan has a .663 win pct compared to Bill's .563.

                  http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/coach

                  I like how you didn't include Shanahans Oakland record but you did include BB record in Cleveland.

                  P.S. Take a look at Cowhers record in Pitt.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by PATS FAN in PA
                    the most interesting facts that you obviously elected to omit were the playoff records

                    bb has a .846 win pct in playoffs - bb has never lost in round 1 of the playoffs(regardless of whether that was wild card or divisional round) in his 5 trips in 11 years - and he has 3 sb victories and a nfl record 10 playoff wins in a row

                    shanny has a .615 win pct in playoffs - shanny has lost in round 1 of the playoffs (wild card or divisional round) in 4 of his 7 trips in his 13 years - shanny also made only 5 trips in first 11 years - and he only has 2 sb victories and the broncos vioalated the salary cap in both of those years (in other words, cheated!)

                    and there are three reasons shanny doesn't have more sb victories . . . first, he doesn't have td . . . td was the player that gave denver the best shot at a superbowl and not elway . . . with elway you had 3 horrible sb defeats . . . elway (and shanny) were (are) nothing without td . . . second, he cheated . . . circumventing the salary cap is cheating . . . you can say it had no impact . . . and finally, he's just not that good . . . he has a good system that works well in the regular season but when it comes to the whole package, he just doesn't have it

                    as for shanny's tenure, he was 'let go' 4 games into his second year of coaching . . . bb has never been 'let go' in the middle of a season . . .

                    i'll give you the fashion sense though . . . although if shanny new he would have the success of bb in the playoffs by dressing down a little . . . i think he'd throw on the sweatshirt
                    I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch and declare a win over the Patriots, but the "cheating" with the salary cap had nothing to do with player's salaries, it was with the stadium. So the front office made more money by trying to bend rules, not the greatest thing in the world but not the worst, and it had NOTHING to do with how we played those years.

                    Still, looking forward to the game!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Fan in exile
                      Belichick doesn't get it, becuase he hasn't won long term. His cleveland stretch is pretty bad. He lucked into Tom Brady.
                      Lucked into Tom Brady? Let's review the facts:

                      1. Belichick drafted Brady in the 6th round of the 2000 draft even though the Patriots already had Bledsoe

                      2. Belichick kept 4 QB's on the 2000 roster because he knew Brady wasn't ready but didn't want to cut him and lose a potential talent. When was the last team that kept 4 QB's on the roster? That's unheard of.

                      3. Belichick patiently groomed Brady to be an NFL QB and Tom Terrific was ready when Bledsoe got hurt in the Sept. 2001 game against the Jets.

                      4. Belichick was smart enough to keep Brady and trade Bledsoe.

                      Belichick knew exactly what he was doing when he drafted Brady. Belichick didn't luck into anything.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by honestpatsfan
                        2003? Or maybe you were thinking 2000 or 1999?
                        How about a backup QB with the flu and you still only won on a last second TD. You have hardly owned us at any point in history unless we sucked alltogether.
                        "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by WorstTrollEver
                          Lucked into Tom Brady? Let's review the facts:

                          1. Belichick drafted Brady in the 6th round of the 2000 draft even though the Patriots already had Bledsoe

                          2. Belichick kept 4 QB's on the 2000 roster because he knew Brady wasn't ready but didn't want to cut him and lose a potential talent. When was the last team that kept 4 QB's on the roster? That's unheard of.

                          3. Belichick patiently groomed Brady to be an NFL QB and Tom Terrific was ready when Bledsoe got hurt in the Sept. 2001 game against the Jets.

                          4. Belichick was smart enough to keep Brady and trade Bledsoe.

                          Belichick knew exactly what he was doing when he drafted Brady. Belichick didn't luck into anything.
                          Well, he lucked into drafting Brady.

                          Well, it wasn't pure luck, but it was luck.

                          1. Drafting a position that you don't immediately need in the sixth round is no big deal. It basically means absolutely nothing.

                          2. He may have seen Brady's potential by this point and didn't want to give him up. Still, if he knew what he had in Brady, he wouldn't have carried all of those other QBs. He would have carried Bledsoe, Brady and maybe a veteran backup.

                          3. The coaching staff did an excellent job of preparing Brady. That doesn't mean that they didn't get lucky drafting him and finding him in the sixth round.

                          4. Yeah, after terrific success in the playoffs. Recognizing talent that you see on a daily basis in practice is much easier than evaluating talent that you see on tape against college competition. I'll give him credit for realizing what he had, but that's akin to us noticing that Terrell Davis was dominating the competition. Sometimes, it's hard not to notice.
                          My adopted fan is dogfish

                          . . . . . . . . . . .
                          . Post Your Artwork .
                          . . . . . . . . . . .

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            I also have to point out, that if Bledsoe doesn't go down. Tom doesn't get a chance to start, leaves in FA for a place that he can compete for playing time. In my book that seems like luck.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by LoyalSoldier
                              How about a backup QB with the flu and you still only won on a last second TD. You have hardly owned us at any point in history unless we sucked alltogether.
                              Did Kanell have anything to do w/ your D blowing a 26-23 lead in the final minutes? All they had to do was stop Brady & the Pats and they couldn't, even in their own house. I guess you guys sucked in 2000 and 2003 when you made the playoffs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X