Bye Week Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bye Week Schedule

Okay...sorry if someone has already covered this, but I didn't see it on the board. Does anyone like our BYE week being that early in the season? I think it is a little early, and would rather we have it a little later in the season, if not in the middle.

Do you think this will have an effect on our season, and if so, will it make our season tougher, or not?

I think it is a disadvatage to have a BYE week that early in the season, because you would want your players to get a break after more than just three games. Well..is it good or bad???

Again, sorry if someone already posted this.

No. It is the worst bye week you could possibly have.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

I think its rather early, but good teams make due with what they have and we'll find a way to win.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

It's ok but I would rather like the bye to be in the middle but we would have a good jump in the beggining possibly and then end up having momentum taking us to a good season. THing about it optimisstically.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

Comment

This bye week kills the momentum.

The bye week is to rest players and not have to play. The idea to get players healthy was the total purpose of the buy week.

Having the bye week this early absolutely makes no sense at all.

But there is nothing that the Broncos and our division can do about it, so we must overcome this also.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I'm not so sure this is a bad thing. With the exception of last year, we've had a lot of problems keeping momentum through the middle of the season. Having a bye early and getting it out of the way might be a blessing.

Comment

Its a bit to early but we do have a thanksgiving game so we get an extra 3 days of rest so who knows.
              Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

With that theory, we also have 3 days to prepare for that game.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

They did the same thing to the chiefs. Personally, I would like to see the league do away with the bye week. Either way, I think its bad for any team to have a bye early in the season. They need to change how they do it, and not give byes to anyone in the first 4 or 5 weeks of the season. In terms of health and recharging the batteries, a team that gets the bye in week 8 or 9 has a distinct advantage over a team that gets its bye in week 3 or 4. It really sucks to come out the gait and play 2 games then have the week off that early.

Comment

Bye Week Schedule

I think the rest of our division has a worse bye week they are all of the week before us!

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
                      With that theory, we also have 3 days to prepare for that game.

Actually, this isn't really accurate... When we play on Thurday, so does the other team so that's a push.

However, the following week, we'll have three days extra rest/prep.

As far as the bye, we've been lucky with it, usually falling in the middle for us...So we can't complain that we're doing what a lot of other teams have had to deal with in the past...

Comment

The steelers won the super bowl last year and their bye week was in week 4 too. It's nicer IMO to have it around week 8 or 9, but I don't really care. I think our team is going to be good again, and the bye week shouldn't really matter.

Comment

having the bye week this early sucks, I would rather have it around the halfway point.

Comment

Originally posted by Straz1999
                            No. It is the worst bye week you could possibly have.

No... Tell that to the Cowboys and the rest of our division.

We were lucky compared to them.

Last edited by sbutk; 04-07-2006, 08:33 PM.
                            sigpic
                            They're your teammates, now.
                            Best of luck, TT!
                            ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

I don' t like it at first glance.

However the last 2 or 3 years we had it int he middle and we lost in th eplayoffs.

Maybe having it earlier means we'll make it all the way?

IDK just trying to make it sound better.

It basically sucks because it's a waste.

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
                              2. Taxes
                              3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Working...
                              X