San Diego!?!?!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego!?!?!?!?!?

I don't understand why everything i read says that San Diego Will be very tough competition for us! I mean they lost Brees. Ok i will give them a good D that will keep them in some games and they have LT who is a game changer BUT that are playing with Rivers who is bassicaly a rookie QB. Sure they will fight but i dont see us having a very hard time sweeping them this year, i mean we did last year and the second game was our backups VS their starters and we still SMACKED em!
    Last edited by Jared; 04-07-2006, 08:20 AM.
    sigpic

I still can't believe they let Brees go.

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

Comment

I like how they have a TON of money to spend on free agents and they sign nobody.
      sigpic

Comment

Dont know about that. I dont think most of us are as scared of SD, as KC. If you look at this thread...

Thread

It shows you who we are really most worried about.

Comment

LT il play QB, we all know that. Wasnt it like 3attempts, 3tds, 100% completion, 0 INTS! lol

Comment

I hope the Broncos don't look past the Chargers like you guys are.....

Comment

Originally posted by Caliraiderhater
              I don't understand why everything i read says that San Diego Will be very tough competition for us! I mean they lost Brees. Ok i will give them a good D that will keep them in some games and they have LT who is a game changer BUT that are playing with Rivers who is bassicaly a rookie QB. Sure they will fight but i dont see us having a very hard time sweeping them this year, i mean we did last year and the second game was our backups VS their starters and we still SMACKED em!
              You just never know. San Diego could be great next season, or they could suck pretty bad. Who knows. The same thing can be said for just about any team. You can never really know until the season actually starts.
              Last edited by Jared; 04-07-2006, 08:21 AM.
              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

^thank you captain obvious

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                  I like how they have a TON of money to spend on free agents and they sign nobody.
                  I agree 100%.

Folks talk about our off-season, but we didn't have any cap space.

SD had tons of bucks and did nothing, except let their starting QB move on...

How come they didn't sign and trade Brees? They had the cap space...Surely they could have gotten a 3 or 4 rounder for a young QB that made the probowl the season before last.

Getting rid of Brees and getting nothing in return is the biggest joke of this off-season. They had the cap space, they should have kept him until they could trade him.

BTW, can you imagine if the Broncos had $20-25 million and didn't sign anyone?

Comment

no kiding with that kind of money we would have a killer off-season!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OtmShank
                      Ok, what I said was obvious. However, that means this thread is pointless. If you would have asked alot of people last season, they would have probably picked Chicago to finish last in the NFC North. I think we all know how that turned out. It's pretty stupid to go ahead and rule out a team as being a threat this early in the offseason, unless that team is the Raiders.
                      "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx
                        I agree 100%.

Folks talk about our off-season, but we didn't have any cap space.

SD had tons of bucks and did nothing, except let their starting QB move on...

How come they didn't sign and trade Brees? They had the cap space...Surely they could have gotten a 3 or 4 rounder for a young QB that made the probowl the season before last.

Getting rid of Brees and getting nothing in return is the biggest joke of this off-season. They had the cap space, they should have kept him until they could trade him.

BTW, can you imagine if the Broncos had $20-25 million and didn't sign anyone?
                        We will get a third or forth round pick as a comp pick next year.
                        Last edited by Sanluisboltfan; 04-07-2006, 03:59 PM.

;);)

Watch out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reidman
                          I hope the Broncos don't look past the Chargers like you guys are.....

no doubt! any team with LT, gates, and a defensive front seven as good as any in football is NEVER a push-over, especially when they're a division rival!
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by OtmShank
                            har har

Comment

San Diego will be good with Rivers.

The guy was a 4 year starter at NCSU and had a great college career.

Other then his throwing motion he has upside. He was efficient throughout college and had a great Senior Bowl. He was lost in the Eli manning hype/saga and has had 2 years to learn the offense behind a Pro Bowl QB in Brees and get a feel for the players.

He will now have had an off-season and training camp with the starters.

Rivers will take his bumps, but I don't see San Diego's offense slowing down that much with weapons like LT and Antonio Gates, and whomever they get in the draft at WR to help upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                              X