Bradlee Van Pelt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
    He's a good kid, but he's not an NFL QB.
    Show some credentials. Are you an NFL scout?

Sure I'm new here but all I've seen from you is constant complaining about Jake (I read a lot more then I post) and now apparently our back-up QB as well.

Sorry man, but Jake is a solid starter and BVP is a 7th round pick (one of the last picks in the draft if memory serves me correct) who earned himself the back-up role last year and is working himself into NFL form.

Right now we have no other options at starter (at least none that come even close to the quality of Plummer) and if BVP is what Shanny thinks he is then he will return as our back-up yet again and his development will take the next step.

Comment

Lynch was a QB wasnt he? I can see Van Pelt at Safety
      sigpic

Comment

I, like others, am not really sure BVP is a NFL QB starter. I would like to have a beer with Shanny and ask him what he sees in BVP, and what are his plans for him.

Putting him in the slot and running the flanker reverse with him having he throw or run option would be interesting to watch. I also think he would give defenses fits in the red zone. But between the 20's I just don't see him running our offense.
        As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

Originally posted by jam1369
          I, like others, am not really sure BVP is a NFL QB starter. I would like to have a beer with Shanny and ask him what he sees in BVP, and what are his plans for him.

Putting him in the slot and running the flanker reverse with him having he throw or run option would be interesting to watch. I also think he would give defenses fits in the red zone. But between the 20's I just don't see him running our offense.
          I would just love to have a beer with Shanahan, how cool would that be.

Ah screw it, I just want the beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile
            I would just love to have a beer with Shanahan, how cool would that be.

Ah screw it, I just want the beer.
            Amen bro
            As the world changes rational people will change with it. Only the zealots, and fundamentalists resist change. God save us from them.

Comment

I think shanahan also knows that BVP isnt the solution at backup QB and thats why hes been actively looking for a QB this offseason, we had an interest in bringing gus frerrote back and have been credited with interested in joey harrington, shanahan isnt happy with what hes got and knows that he could get an upgrade there, but with our scheme we need a fairly athletic QB who can run bootlegs and other plays and danny kannell wasnt the answer as BVP beat him out, but that doesnt mean that we aint looking to upgrade the position, and it is definitely far too early (as some people seem to have done) to anoint BVP as Jake's successor at QB
              Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
              http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBuckeye
                I think he could play LB, S or FB if QB doesn't work out for him. He's got the big body and pretty good speed to be able to adapt. He's a decent backup QB but I can't see him being a starter.
                Jake's 40 time is 4.82 seconds. That is a good time for a QB but not LB or S. Do you think he can block like a FB?

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                  Jake's 40 time is 4.82 seconds. That is a good time for a QB but not LB or S. Do you think he can block like a FB?
                  Did you mean BVP?

-----

Comment

Yes I did. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Prodigal19
                      Lynch was a QB wasnt he? I can see Van Pelt at Safety
                      Yes in High School and his first year or two of college.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Didn't Rod Smith do a little QB-ing with the Broncos? I think Broncos should do a little of those Steelers play...

But then, have BVP in FB position, Rod on WR on the right, Ashleey on Left, Terrel David on Right with Rod, Jake QB, and Mike on RB... 3 WRs, 2 QBs, 1 RB

This would throw lots of defense off..

And then, before the snap, do a little switch off, Rod run toward the center,
                        Plumer pass it back to Rod, Plummer than do passing block if Rod is playing QB and do running block after if BVP is running (Jake can block) and then they could trick them with a running game with BVP, or Mike.

They can even have Rod running before the snap from right to left, plummer pass it to BVP, plummer switch off to passing block and BVP became QB, and pass it to the RB with a short pass to the left or right. Or..

They can do other alternate plays, like Jake scramble

Or..

I don't know what I'm talking about now..
                        My sig..
                        Created by SNK 16

Comment

Originally posted by AzD N D Broncos
                          Didn't Rod Smith do a little QB-ing with the Broncos? I think Broncos should do a little of those Steelers play...

But then, have BVP in FB position, Rod on WR on the right, Ashleey on Left, Terrel David on Right with Rod, Jake QB, and Mike on RB... 3 WRs, 2 QBs, 1 RB

This would throw lots of defense off..

And then, before the snap, do a little switch off, Rod run toward the center,
                          Plumer pass it back to Rod, Plummer than do passing block if Rod is playing QB and do running block after if BVP is running (Jake can block) and then they could trick them with a running game with BVP, or Mike.

They can even have Rod running before the snap from right to left, plummer pass it to BVP, plummer switch off to passing block and BVP became QB, and pass it to the RB with a short pass to the left or right. Or..

They can do other alternate plays, like Jake scramble

Or..

I don't know what I'm talking about now..
                          Uh . . . .

*faints deadaway*

-----

Comment

Working...
                          X