The Lelie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lelie Thread

Receiver Ashley Lelie has not participated in the Broncos' offseason program, which began Monday. Lelie is working out at Athletes Performance in Tempe, Ariz. Several NFL players work out at the facility in the offseason.

Like all teams, Denver's offseason program is voluntary, but players are encouraged to participate. Nearly all of Denver's veterans are in the program. Lelie has a $100,000 workout bonus he will forgo if he doesn't participate in 90 percent of the program. He can return to the program at any time.
    Lelie is entering the final year of his contract.
    Why would Ashley give up his bonus and not work out with the team? Pretty interesting if you ask me. I wonder if he knows we won't resign him at the end of the season. I wonder if we were trying to trade him and he's just pissed. Any thoughts?

Here's the link
    Yes
    78.05%
    No
    21.95%

Well, if a player is willing to forfeit $100,000, it sounds to me like:

1-he's stupid or
    2-there's some serious issues between him and the team
    Originally posted by boltzpride619
    What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
    True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Trying to improve himself by doing harder work outs in Tempe. I think he wants to prove to everyone he isn't bad and he can make plays.
      MMA News
      MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
        Trying to improve himself by doing harder work outs in Tempe. I think he wants to prove to everyone he isn't bad and he can make plays.
        And give up $100,000?
        Originally posted by boltzpride619
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Lelie may be going to this performance institute to get a better workout than he can get at the voluntary workout. Don't forget he hasn't given up the 100,000 bonus yet..........he only hast to participate in 90% of the workouts.

Also, it could be his reasoning to give up the 100,000 bonus in order to get better to acquire multimillions at the end of his current contract. I don't think Lelie has and issue with the Broncos.
          Emancipate your mind!
          The People's Poster

Comment

It is just supposition on my part but Ashley doesn't sound like a happy camper. He may not see himself as part of the Broncos future. I saw Shanahan get in his face more than once on the sidelines.

Comment

I think they fact we were seriously looking for at other WR's this offseason has sent a message to Lelie.

The message is that we don't think he can cut it as a #1 WR.

Comment

I think it's because last year he was dedicated to the team, practiced with them, did everything they asked, and had a CRAP season.

All we heard about last year was Ash and how him and Rod were working together yadda, yadda, yadda...

Maybe he wants to try something different and see if it can have a positive impact on his game?

Players like Edge NEVER do these events with thier team, they always go elsewhere.

It can't hurt. (We've already hit rock-bottom - j/k Ash, I couldn't resist)

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

He could be training to get into better shape so he can bring more to the team. You guys are talking like $100,000 is a lot of money to a football player thats the equvilance of a dollar to them.
                  sigpic
                  PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                  You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                    I think it's because last year he was dedicated to the team, practiced with them, did everything they asked, and had a CRAP season.

All we heard about last year was Ash and how him and Rod were working together yadda, yadda, yadda...

Maybe he wants to try something different and see if it can have a positive impact on his game?

Players like Edge NEVER do these events with thier team, they always go elsewhere.

It can't hurt. (We've already hit rock-bottom - j/k Ash, I couldn't resist)

Yeah, maybe this is nothing to worry about. You would think a player in his contract year would really want to light it up.................I think he'll have his best season, which, shouldn't be too hard really. If he plays like he did the last two games of the regular season, I would be very happy with that.

Comment

If this is the place where McNabb improved his game between his 2nd and 3rd seasons (and continues to go to), then I can see why Lelie would want to try it.

Maybe the money isn't as important to him as trying anything to become a complete reciever. It can't hurt to try, right?

It's a bonus, not a fine. And he still has time to get to Denver and still go back for more work in Tempe, if he wishes.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                      You should check these guys out

Comment

IM A BIG LELIE FAN (SORRY ABOUt the caps) i think he knows what he is doing. besides with an accurate QB who can hit him in stride and throw several passes to him a game the man can be one fo the best. but since thats not the case he is going to take it upon himself
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

I heard thos work outs are intense. Thats where Mc nabb goes and TO was there last year too. Good for him. hope he improves on last years showing
                          Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
                            I heard thos work outs are intense. Thats where Mc nabb goes and TO was there last year too. Good for him. hope he improves on last years showing

What kind of workouts?

McNabb looks kind of fat.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                              What kind of workouts?

McNabb looks kind of fat.

I actually think they are balance and coordination workouts, not strength and bulk.

I remember reading about them when Mcnabb was there the first time. A lot of it is footwork and placement in order to move more efficiently and explosively.

http://www.athletesperformance.com/testimonials.php

http://www.diamondbackonline.com/vne.../44195b72c0d50

http://www.athletesperformance.com/a...tem.php?id=162

And in an old article very relevant to this thread:

http://www.athletesperformance.com/a...Item.php?id=98

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                              You should check these guys out

Comment

Working...
                              X