The Lelie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by West
    Lelie's contract is up next year and I was wonder what yall think we should do with this receiver? Resign? Cut? or what?
    We'll cut him unless he steps up majorly this year. Besides its not a big loss if we do cut him, we will hopefully draft a WR with the 15th selection(Chad Jackson )

Sig by Snk16...Thanks

I say grab T.O and while we are at it why not grab your-self a biscuit!?

My NFL 2005 Regualar Season Predictions Results: 158-100 or 63%

My NFL 2006 Playoff Predictions Results: 8-3

My 2006 Draft Wish List:

S. Holmes(DE)
    L. White(RB)
    J. Cutler(QB)

Get me just 2 of 3 of those and I will be happy

Comment

• Originally posted by 7Nalder7Elway7
      We'll cut him unless he steps up majorly this year. Besides its not a big loss if we do cut him, we will hopefully draft a WR with the 15th selection(Chad Jackson )
      He's under contract through 2007 and he's still on his rookie contract he's not even making that much. Also cutting him would be a major loss in our deep ball game because he's the only deep threat on our team and Chad Jackson really isn't a burner he just ran a fast 40 time, in other words his football speed is a lot slower than his 40 time. He also runs choppy routes and can't block. Holmes has true deep threat speed, good route running, goes over the middle willingly and can block the only knocks on Holmes are his size (5'11, 188), but Rod only an inch taller than him and 12 lbs. Holmes is working onb adding a coupel more lbs and play at 192 to help take the beating and rigors of the NFL.

Oh yeah in your wishlist you have S. Holmes as a DE... He's a WR... I also don't know why your wishing for LenDale either he's fat and out of shape.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

• Originally posted by vicious2500
        He's under contract through 2007 and he's still on his rookie contract he's not even making that much. Also cutting him would be a major loss in our deep ball game because he's the only deep threat on our team and Chad Jackson really isn't a burner he just ran a fast 40 time, in other words his football speed is a lot slower than his 40 time. He also runs choppy routes and can't block. Holmes has true deep threat speed, good route running, goes over the middle willingly and can block the only knocks on Holmes are his size (5'11, 188), but Rod only an inch taller than him and 12 lbs. Holmes is working onb adding a coupel more lbs and play at 192 to help take the beating and rigors of the NFL.

Oh yeah in your wishlist you have S. Holmes as a DE... He's a WR... I also don't know why your wishing for LenDale either he's fat and out of shape.

So who was our burner before ashley?

Did it matter then?

Why worry about some par t of the offense that was put in when ashley came on board.?

If we did not need it before and it certainly did nothing for us last year, who really cares?

We got ONE TD from him last year how much will we miss that?

Give me an EDDIE MAC type receiver any day someone who gets the 3rd down catch over the middle.

Off the top of my head although I don;t have Eddies stats I'd almost be willing to bet he had more TD's in his Bronco career than ashley has. Some were where he actually outran a CB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jrhampton
          So who was our burner before ashley?

Did it matter then?

Why worry about some par t of the offense that was put in when ashley came on board.?

If we did not need it before and it certainly did nothing for us last year, who really cares?

We got ONE TD from him last year how much will we miss that?

Give me an EDDIE MAC type receiver any day someone who gets the 3rd down catch over the middle.

Off the top of my head although I don;t have Eddies stats I'd almost be willing to bet he had more TD's in his Bronco career than ashley has. Some were where he actually outran a CB.
          A. Lelie and R. Smith combined for a total of 6 TD passes last year, the other WR's totalled for a TD. M. Anderson had 12 rushing TDs and a receiving TD, T. Bell had 8 rushing TDs and R. Danye only had a TD. K. Johnson had a rushing TD and caught 5 TD passes.

Also Putzier was this years McCaffrey getting all the tough yards and 3rd down conversions, but now he's gone.
          sigpic
          PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
          You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Working...
          X