Rb battle article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NBudris
    Every one Keeps talking about getting backs in round #1, also a wide receiver in round #1 (which is not as bad, but for future entirly).

I think that would be a bad idea, BECAUSE we are couple players away from going back to and winning super bowl specially w/the quality of DL, S, TE.

Very weak WR class, Holmes nor jackson would not even be as high as they are, in last years draft (on peoples mock draft boards).

RB - I disagree because I believe Dayne is going to do big things, Bell is improving (had great 2nd year, specially with amount of carries).

We all know he will get a back in the later rounds I see some really good quality sleepers in late rounds, including Humes at V-tec

IF.... we got a WR or RB, they will be on bench in the same boat as Bell couple years back when he was a rookie

Also Bell was a 2nd round pick, he almost had 1000 yards w/half the carries???

Dayne was a prev. Heisman trophy winner that was picked by NY as best player available. He has been working really hard last season to know our system, and this off season.

He is going to be primary splitting carries with Bell, having competition with i believe cobbs and a later rd. pick

I know getting WR or RB and QB's are all sexy

I rather have OT OG and C then that (ugly, but more benificial)

If any one has any comments please let me know....

Well, i think you are wrong about one thing. If we pick up a first round runningback, i guarantee he will not be sitting on hte bench. Dayne had about 4 good plays last year. Bell had some big gains, but they were few and far between. The most common complaint that i heard last year was that our offense lacked "playmakers." Hence the TO craze. The way i see it, an elite runningback is that playmaker. Jackson could contribute, but would be only a 3rd WR. There arent any TEs that would be good value picks at our first round picks. If we pick up Deangelo Williams, he has great burst and is only slightly slower than bell, has power nearly comparable to Dayne, and has the hands of a great receiving TE. He is the complete package. If Denver is trying to pick up an offensive playmaker in the first round, he really is our only option, unless we trade up or down.

personally, i would love to see a Bunkley/lawson first round, but if Shanny is going to pick an offensive player, it simply has to be Deangelo Williams.
    Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by NBudris
      IF.... we got a WR or RB, they will be on bench in the same boat as Bell couple years back when he was a rookie
      Bell is a bad example. How about Terrell Davis, Orlandis Gary, Mike Anderson, and Clinton Portis. They all ended up starters as rookies, regardless of the circumstances.

The fact is, running back has a lower learning curve than most positions. I think a rookie running back would have a good shot at starting this season if he was the most skilled of our backs.

Also Bell was a 2nd round pick, he almost had 1000 yards w/half the carries???
      I think Bell is an excellent addition to our running game. But I feel he'll probably stay as a complementary back and not our primary guy. He just seems to lose effectiveness with too many carries and might have a problem with durability (although I hope not).

Dayne was a prev. Heisman trophy winner that was picked by NY as best player available. He has been working really hard last season to know our system, and this off season.

He is going to be primary splitting carries with Bell, having competition with i believe cobbs and a later rd. pick
      Possibly. But Dayne hasn't proved anything yet. He hasn't given us enough yet to count on him being our solution at running back. Drafting a back early, even the first round, wouldn't be a bad idea, in my opinion, since we dont know for sure that we have an answer.

I'd be all for getting defensive linemen early but I have this worrisome feeling that Shanny & Co. think we're about set in that department. Perhaps they don't value sacks as much as most of us do? And barring D-linemen, I wouldn't mind picking up a running back early.
      "You can't take the sky from me..."
      ------
      "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
        TD didnt have break away speed or was a homerun threat. And Dayne and Cobbs dont either. Teams feared TD's burst and explosiveness through the hole, his vision, and quick feet. But Tatum has the abilty to take it to the house from anywhere on the field. It may not be a 50/50 split, more like a 70-30 split.

Actually TD did have plenty break away speed. In '98 alone he had like four or five runs of 40 yards or better if memory serves me correctly. With TD teams feared the entire package.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
          Actually TD did have plenty break away speed. In '98 alone he had like four or five runs of 40 yards or better if memory serves me correctly. With TD teams feared the entire package.
          your not the only one whos thinking that, ill try and look it up after my baseball game haha

Comment

Working...
          X