Encouraging Article RE: G. Warren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encouraging Article RE: G. Warren

This is what I like to hear, now let's see if Coyer and Warren both follow through on the field. Warren certainly has the talent IMO, it sounds like he has the motivation, hopefully Coyer will open him up a little.

A good read IMO.

http://broncos.gazette.com/fullstory.php?id=6482

Thanks for the article.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
      This is what I like to hear, now let's see if Coyer and Warren both follow through on the field. Warren certainly has the talent IMO, it sounds like he has the motivation, hopefully Coyer will open him up a little.

A good read IMO.

Damn you Jlet!!!!

Lol, I made a thread on this in Draft & FA (where the smart people go to talk football... ).

I'm really pumped about this...hopefully they're good on their word.

Comment

There were a couple things I liked about this....

His confidance in that last line.

His loyalty in that he wouldn't even take calls from other teams.

Hopefully this year he has a great improvement.
        Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau

A good read IMO.

Feed him raw meat, poke him with a stick and cut him loose like a wild dog to see what he can do.
          The three Keys to football
          1. Turnovers
          2. Field Position
          3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoRT
            Feed him raw meat, poke him with a stick and cut him loose like a wild dog to see what he can do.
            I've said that they should get Courtney Brown to fling bacon grease on the QB. Imagine what that would do...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
              I've said that they should get Courtney Brown to fling bacon grease on the QB. Imagine what that would do...
              LOL... Or tie a twinkie around the QB's neck. Every QB would be road kill.
              The three Keys to football
              1. Turnovers
              2. Field Position
              3. Red Zone Play

Comment

Sounds like Gerard is already salivating without the lure of food items, but maybe the competition committee will reconvene to discuss and establish the rule that like the "red jersey in practice,: QB's must ALWAYS wear "red meat" around their necks during games.

Comment

damn i hope coyer just isnt paying lip service to warren. he needs to start letting the big man make some plays.

one advantage this year over the last couple, is that we have a bit more continuity on the line going into camp. having warren going into camp knowing he is the #1 guy on the tackle depth chart will hopefully allow coyer to tinker with the scheme a bit.

if i remember correctly, didnt we have like 13 tackles on the roster going into camp last season. i remember all the speculation about davis being better than pope who was better than whoever. when nobody really knows who is going to make the roster, never mind what the rotation is going to be like, its a little harder to add wrinkles to the scheme.

this year coyer knows from the get go that warren is the top dawg. hopefully coyer takes advantage and draws some plays up for him. i like the idea of a 320 pound warren sapp! (a man can dream cant he?)
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                    damn i hope coyer just isnt paying lip service to warren. he needs to start letting the big man make some plays.

one advantage this year over the last couple, is that we have a bit more continuity on the line going into camp. having warren going into camp knowing he is the #1 guy on the tackle depth chart will hopefully allow coyer to tinker with the scheme a bit.

if i remember correctly, didnt we have like 13 tackles on the roster going into camp last season. i remember all the speculation about davis being better than pope who was better than whoever. when nobody really knows who is going to make the roster, never mind what the rotation is going to be like, its a little harder to add wrinkles to the scheme.

this year coyer knows from the get go that warren is the top dawg. hopefully coyer takes advantage and draws some plays up for him. i like the idea of a 320 pound warren sapp! (a man can dream cant he?)
                    Yeah, there was A LOT of debate on the boards last year going into the season about DT's, especially in regards to Monsanto Pope vs. Mario Fatafehi. Dorsett Davis was thought of as high POTENTIAL, but fading, and Demetrin Veal really emerged as a surprise how well he contributed.

Comment

Reading this thread, the David Terrell thread, the Wesley Duke threads, man I love the offseason. Its like the first few weeks of a new relationship. All hope and potential, everyone saying the right things, and looking their best. In a few months we'll see what these guys look like with their makeup off, then we'll know what we have. Hopefully they live up to the billing, and wont just be another relatoinship you pretend never happened.

On a side note..ugh...Gerard Warren in makeup.

Comment

I'd like to see warren get about 50 tackles and 6-7 sacks this season.

Comment

Extremely glad to hear it !!

Comment

I remember hearing last year that Warren was glad to be in Denver. I also remember reading that he said he wanted to resign with us even before he had played a down.

I sure hope he can build on from what he did last year.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

"For someone who wanted to stay here so badly, and with all the news coming out that Warren wanted to re-sign with the Broncos instead of becoming a free agent, and he said hearing the coaches' plans for him erased any doubt.

Warren signed a six-year contract just after the freeagency period began, and said he told his agent not to take calls from other teams because he had no interest."

We all have read multiple itmes that Gerard wanted to stay a bronco. How he was really happy here, and that a deal woudl get done. I gotta ask, where is the hometown discount? Now he says his agent wasnt fielding calls from any other teams. Where were the Broncs front office on this. I am glad to have him back, but I woudl be ecstatic about it if he came cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X