Encouraging Article RE: G. Warren

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ydave77
    "For someone who wanted to stay here so badly, and with all the news coming out that Warren wanted to re-sign with the Broncos instead of becoming a free agent, and he said hearing the coaches' plans for him erased any doubt.

Warren signed a six-year contract just after the freeagency period began, and said he told his agent not to take calls from other teams because he had no interest."

We all have read multiple itmes that Gerard wanted to stay a bronco. How he was really happy here, and that a deal woudl get done. I gotta ask, where is the hometown discount? Now he says his agent wasnt fielding calls from any other teams. Where were the Broncs front office on this. I am glad to have him back, but I woudl be ecstatic about it if he came cheaper.

If a job offered to empty out it's entire piggy bank for me, I'd stick around too. Then, of course, I'd complain I'm not being used correctly, and lobby for better working conditions and perks. All the while, I'm telling the people how much I love working there (mainly because they overpaid me and will at least listen when I tell them how I should be utilized).

I think Gerrard Warren has this down pat.

Comment

"There are times they'll give me the freedom if I feel it and read the right reads to go and make that play instead of holding up two guys," Warren said.

Warren said he wants to lose weight to prepare for his new role. Last year he weighed about 330 pounds when his job was taking up blockers"

Thought so......

I like his thinking. He likes Denver, he wants to be here, he wants to lose weight and he wants to be an animal. As this off season goes on I'm getting more and more happy with the Dline. I guess it was Coyer to blame for the failed production in sacks but Coyer also gets the credit for giving us the #2 against the run line. I guess like us, Coyer was also worried that the failed Brown's dline may fail here and had to keep them under control. I think the dline has earned his trust this year and we will see something very different. Also look for major production from "The Brow".
      sigpic

Thank you for everything Darrent. I'll never forget #27.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        If a job offered to empty out it's entire piggy bank for me, I'd stick around too. Then, of course, I'd complain I'm not being used correctly, and lobby for better working conditions and perks. All the while, I'm telling the people how much I love working there (mainly because they overpaid me and will at least listen when I tell them how I should be utilized).

I think Gerrard Warren has this down pat.

I wouldnt chalk it all up to being post contract talk. He mentioned several references to wanting only to play in Denver, before the contract. Now I think we shoudl have taken that and used it to our advantage. He knows what he had in Cleveland. Dealing with all the anger from the fans for not playing up to his draft status. Here he played well, not exceptional, but well, and was loved for it. We could have used this to our advantage to sign him cheaper.

Comment

I wouldnt chalk it all up to being post contract talk. He mentioned several references to wanting only to play in Denver, before the contract. Now I think we shoudl have taken that and used it to our advantage. He knows what he had in Cleveland. Dealing with all the anger from the fans for not playing up to his draft status. Here he played well, not exceptional, but well, and was loved for it. We could have used this to our advantage to sign him cheaper.
          They may ave tried this but I'm sure his agent wasn't going to sit & let him sign for below marker value. And the Broncos weren't in a position to let him go. He was a top priority for the Broncos in the offseason.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
            They may ave tried this but I'm sure his agent wasn't going to sit & let him sign for below marker value. And the Broncos weren't in a position to let him go. He was a top priority for the Broncos in the offseason.
            That's it exactly. Just because he wanted to keep playing for the Broncos didn't mean he didn't want his market value. He got his cake and got to eat it, too.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
              That's it exactly. Just because he wanted to keep playing for the Broncos didn't mean he didn't want his market value. He got his cake and got to eat it, too.

God forbid, stay out of his way on the way to the cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton
                God forbid, stay out of his way on the way to the cake.
                Well, apparently he's on a diet now because he wants to play at about 310 pounds this year. No cake for him.
                ------

Comment

Well, apparently he's on a diet now because he wants to play at about 310 pounds this year. No cake for him.

Or just instead of the entire cake, one piece.

Agent: you gonna eat all of that cake G?
                  Warren: Yep
                  Agent: don't you want big money?
                  Agent: maybe you should eat only half the cake
                  Agent: Everything in moderation G...except your paycheck, you need to get paid!!!

Comment

Fresh from the Broncos bakery, served up by Chef Shanahan.

I hope he works out, but IMO he is being paid too much for what he gave us last season.

But hey, if he doesn't work out, we can always sign another Brownie castoff.
                    sigpic

Comment

Last year most of the time Warren was double teamed because we did not have a DE that could get to the QB. If our DE's start getting to the QB and they have to take the double team off him, watch out. He will be in the backfield a lot. He has a motor that does not quit and is quite fast for his bulk. If he is losing some weight that will only make him a better player.
                      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                        Fresh from the Broncos bakery, served up by Chef Shanahan.

I hope he works out, but IMO he is being paid too much for what he gave us last season.

But hey, if he doesn't work out, we can always sign another Brownie castoff.
                        Whether or not he's worth it is obviously a matter of opinion. The Broncos believed he played better than his stats indicate. He did what they asked him to do and they were obviously pleased with how he did it, otherwise they wouldn't have paid him.

I'm more interested in how he'll play now that he has his big contract. I always worry that our players will lose their edge once they achieve their big payday.
                        ------

Comment

The guy is a stud.

He was screwed over in our scheme, but, for those astute enough to recognize talent......he has it.

For those that say he's overpaid.......forget the stats..........look at the player, this is what guys like him are worth, the Bronco's are paying fair market value.

IMO, it's all on Coyer now.

Turn him loose.

Or we will find someone who will.

Warren + pass rush DE = Havoc.

Comment

Originally posted by Superchop7
                            The guy is a stud.

He was screwed over in our scheme, but, for those astute enough to recognize talent......he has it.

For those that say he's overpaid.......forget the stats..........look at the player, this is what guys like him are worth, the Bronco's are paying fair market value.

IMO, it's all on Coyer now.

Turn him loose.

Or we will find someone who will.

Warren + pass rush DE = Havoc.
                            Which team does Havoc play for? I havent heard of him, you sure you want to trade Warren and a DE for him?

Comment

Which team does Havoc play for? I havent heard of him, you sure you want to trade Warren and a DE for him?
                              __________________________________________________ ____________________________________

I remember my first beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X