why is every 1 down on ash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why is every 1 down on ash

is it me or is ahley lelie a big part of our offense. With out him we CANNOT stretch the field. When this happens the run game stops working its magic as well. Look at the new england or philly game, cant remember which, but we went deep a couple times, Ash and rod made the plays. The next time in the same formation, the defense was kept honest cuz of this and tatum ripped some long runs. Yeah he may not live up to his potential, but he makes the tuff catches, and stretches the field. i might be rippin the bong to hard but even if he isnt playing well his presence keeps the d honest and allows our run game to open up.

so lay of the guy a little, unless we can get another deep burner in exchange then i will join the other side
    So far:
    FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
    1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

They are ignorant.

They don't understand that, whether Lelie is struggling or not, he is still the second best WR on this team.

And to think people just want to "cut him".

wow.

Comment

alright at least im not the only one... i was getting worried. have a cp for your intelligence.
      So far:

Comment

CUT HIM?! Anyone saying hat either has a lot of faith in Terrel, Devoe and Watts or thinks we can draft a stud out of college.

I don't think cutting him would be an option at all. I mean, why would you just toss Lelie off the side of the boat?

I could understand trading him, I mean then at least you get something in return right?

Comment

yeah but its got to be a bruner kinda guy, if we got a possesion kind in return..outlook not good.
          So far:

Comment

Ashley and Jake didn't seem like they were on the same page a number of times last year. I don't know whether it was poor throws or poor routes, but the pair looked pretty foolish at times. It just seemed like the chemistry or the communication was way off.

In all fairness, Ashley made some great catches as well. But he only scored one or two touchdowns last year, and didn't have a whole lot of catches.

Then you get a story out that says Ashley is working out on his own and not with the team, and it gives people cause to wonder if he is long-term with the club. So then you get posts speculating that Ashley will be traded, and suggestions on who else to bring in to replace him. Pretty soon, Ashley is a no good punk and we'd be better off without him. This is exaggerated by the fact that he was a first round pick and expectations are high.

If Ashley doesn't get traded and if he goes over the middle like he was doing at the end of 2005, and if he and Jake connect on some long passes, then all the folks disrespecting him right now will be singing his praises this time next year.

But Jake and Ashley need to make it happen.

Comment

i really like ash..though towards the begining i didnt see him due all to much..but as the seasson rolled on he was better and better..and i expect good 50 catches with 800 yards and maybe 3 or 4 touchdowns

I still miss the blue background.

Comment

Lelie is terrible. I won't dispute the fact that he's the second best WR on the Broncos, but guys that we could have gotten like Moulds or Jurevicious are better than Lelie. We NEED to trade him in a deal for Walker. Lelie has been one of the biggest disappointments in recent Bronco history.

Comment

Originally posted by broncomike8
                  Lelie is terrible. I won't dispute the fact that he's the second best WR on the Broncos, but guys that we could have gotten like Moulds or Jurevicious are better than Lelie. We NEED to trade him in a deal for Walker. Lelie has been one of the biggest disappointments in recent Bronco history.
                  So what if he isn't a probowler. He is still a good reciever. If we cut everyone because they weren't the best at what they do most teams in the NFL would suck. At some point you are going to have to have a "Good but not great" player.
                  "Some people in this world make things happen, some people in this world know what happened, but most people wonder what happened."

Comment

Originally posted by broncomike8

jureviscious is in no way better then lelie, moulds when he was younger yes, but now he older and not as effective as he used to be. i would have liked moulds on the team but not to replace ashley.

i said it once in another thread, if lelie goes to another team i think he will shine adn we will regret it.

he just needs more passes thrown to him a game and he needs to be hit in stride.
                    So far:

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
                      jureviscious is in no way better then lelie, moulds when he was younger yes, but now he older and not as effective as he used to be. i would have liked moulds on the team but not to replace ashley.

i said it once in another thread, if lelie goes to another team i think he will shine adn we will regret it.

he just needs more passes thrown to him a game and he needs to be hit in stride.
                      HA, Lelie is NOT better than Moulds at any time in his carrier sorry to say. No disrespect to Lelie because I like him and would personally like to see him stay, but that is really disrespecting Moulds to say that he is worse than a guy that really didnt do much last season.

I would like to get Walker though and move Lelie to a 3rd string reciever. I would rather trade a pick for Walker than Lelie. The only way I would say to trade him is if we got a killer deal for Walker and their first with only giving up Lelie and 1 of our firsts and no other first day picks. - which I know wouldnt happen because of the value.

Comment

I thought this thread awas about our favorite Bronco cheerleader.....next thread!

Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
                        2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

Comment

ive liked Lelie since day one so ive just kinda kept quiet about the bashing on him but look at the catches he made this yeah some of those catches were great ones i do admit that hes stats this year were not that great but we ran the ball a lot this year too and we used the offence in more balance than before using eveyone in the offence

p.s. GO BRONCOS!!!!
                          Kyle Orton Army #184

Comment

yes, but i did not say lelie was better than him, i said he was better then jurevicous. i would like to get walker,no doubt who wouldnt, the man is sick, but we dont need to rag on lelie, cuz he isnt as good.
                            So far:

Comment

Anyways, noone is down on Ashley. There where just trade talks so everyone put in their two cents on what they would like for him IF he was traded. I don't think many people where just comming out to talk crap about Lelie.

Comment

Working...
                              X