Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answer this one for me

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Answer this one for me

    On ESPN Insider they said that Cincy was looking for a 2nd round pick for Corey Dillon, and that Oakland was only willing to give up a third rounder. So I ask you all this question.... Would you be happy with a trade that sent Portis to Washington and in return you recieve Champ Bailey and Corey Dillon?

    I say give up one of the 2nd rounders and grab Dillon.....Q.G. and his 5'7'' 165lb body and 3.7 ypc avg. is NOT the answer.

  • #2
    I agree

    I agree... Dillon would be a steal!! Any true Denver fan would take that trade in a heartbeat (Portis for Bailey & Dillon). Two pro-bowlers for one. And both players are young. I don't see why Denver hasn't pulled the trigger, but I sure would like to see Dillon here in Denver. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this offseason.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yes, I want us to pick up Dillon!

      Denver - Portis + (Champ + Dillon) * Probowl^2 - 1500yrds + 25 int. = TOUCHDOWN!!!

      ok that doesnt look like it did in my mind...
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        corey dillon a bronco??

        it's a tough call. Dillon has been good, in the past. Recently, he's been garbage. Who knows, a change of scenery & elevation may do the man well. I'd hate for the Broncos to use the 2nd rd. pick, bring Dillon in & have him do dumb $hit like he did last season in Cincy. But it would be sweet to see him come in & rumble up & down the field behind the Broncos O line. There is no question that Dillon is a big bastard. He can run over any secondary in the NFL....but is he worth the potential trouble of a disgruntled prima donna who isnt satisfied if he's not getting his own way...? We all know Shanny isnt going to put up with Dillon's usual...late for practice, fender bender on the way to a game, whining to the media because he isnt getting the touches. It looks good on paper, but so do the Washington Redskins every season!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Answer this one for me

          Originally posted by GSRelyea
          .....Q.G. and his 5'7'' 165lb body and 3.7 ypc avg. is NOT the answer.
          What player bio are you reading??? Q hasn't weighed 165lbs since his freshman year in college....try 1 9 5 l b s!!!!!
          3.7 ypc avg. - in his last 3 games, he averaged 4.52ypc......gmab
          "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
          tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
          men."

          -- Samuel Adams

          sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Re: Answer this one for me

            Originally posted by rcsodak
            What player bio are you reading??? Q hasn't weighed 165lbs since his freshman year in college....try 1 9 5 l b s!!!!!
            3.7 ypc avg. - in his last 3 games, he averaged 4.52ypc......gmab
            If you think at his size that he is capable of being an every down back, then you are seriously delusional. He couldn't make it through training camp last summer, remember Glynn Milburn? A nice third down/ special teams player, very quick and very successfull in SPOTS.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dillon is a Pro Bowl running back....I'll take it!


              Have a question for me? "Ask AO" A Non-Feedback Thread. You'll be glad you did!

              2003, 2009 Fantasy League Champion!
              2006, 2010 Fantasy League Runner-up

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: corey dillon a bronco??

                Originally posted by bhaley29
                it's a tough call. Dillon has been good, in the past. Recently, he's been garbage. Who knows, a change of scenery & elevation may do the man well. I'd hate for the Broncos to use the 2nd rd. pick, bring Dillon in & have him do dumb $hit like he did last season in Cincy. But it would be sweet to see him come in & rumble up & down the field behind the Broncos O line. There is no question that Dillon is a big bastard. He can run over any secondary in the NFL....but is he worth the potential trouble of a disgruntled prima donna who isnt satisfied if he's not getting his own way...? We all know Shanny isnt going to put up with Dillon's usual...late for practice, fender bender on the way to a game, whining to the media because he isnt getting the touches. It looks good on paper, but so do the Washington Redskins every season!
                Ahh, I would be inclined to give him a break. Especially if he's been stuck on a losing team for years. He wanted out of since long before last year. That's why he was so disgruntled. Ohh and he had a groin inury last year too. Those things never heal unless you rest it (which he never did). I say the lower 2nd rounder and restructure the contract to incentive based.

                Comment


                • #9
                  yea, remember joe montana and barry sanders and and etc etc.... they were all told they were too small and wouldnt make it in the NFL..... guess sometimes you cant figure out how good someone is going to be until you let them show u.


                  JIM is the man!!

                  "Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by want2bAbronco
                    yea, remember joe montana and barry sanders and and etc etc.... they were all told they were too small and wouldnt make it in the NFL..... guess sometimes you cant figure out how good someone is going to be until you let them show u.
                    Yeah, I hope Griffin is good. I KNOW Dillion is good. I think that's where everyone is coming from here.

                    Griffin has got some fancy jukes though no doubt.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BroncofanNKC
                      [email protected]$$, have you ever heard of Barry Sanders..5'7 195 himself and what did he do for his career. Glynn was about 165-170 and he was not as thick in the body. Q is the real deal, keep saying he can't and I promise he will. He played on a Division I school and was dominate at a major college.
                      I can't believe that someone would put Q and Barry Sanders in the same sentance.

                      My point is that Corey Dillon is a PROVEN rb in the NFL and a superbowl contending team should have proven talent at the skill postitions, hence trading one of the 2nd rd picks for him would make sense.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GSRelyea
                        I can't believe that someone would put Q and Barry Sanders in the same sentance.
                        You put Sanders into the equation when you brought up Q's size. When Barry was playing he was the same size as Q is now. That's all the guy was saying.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Everybody I talk to (I don't live in Denver) says that Portis for Dillion and Bailey would be an overwhelming trade victory for the Broncos.

                          When asked about Portis for Bailey and a 2nd rounder the response is "ehh" *shrugs shoulders* " I wouldn't have done that".

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            think about it.. 2nd round pick.. meaning rookie. Rookie means u have to train and teach.. and u never know if turns out to be a bust. Now on the other hand, uve got corey dillon, a proven RB, a pro-bowler, who got 1300 yards on a terrible team, now just think of the possibilities if u stick him behind the denver o-line
                            "HOW THEY GONNA TRY ME LIKE DAT?!"- Champ Bailey

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Arab Bronco
                              think about it.. 2nd round pick.. meaning rookie. Rookie means u have to train and teach.. and u never know if turns out to be a bust. Now on the other hand, uve got corey dillon, a proven RB, a pro-bowler, who got 1300 yards on a terrible team, now just think of the possibilities if u stick him behind the denver o-line
                              Dillion to me is a "cancer". He just thinks about himself. Could be another Daryl Gardner.

                              Unless he changes, I don't want him here.
                              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X