Answer this one for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncos4ever
    Dillion to me is a "cancer". He just thinks about himself. Could be another Daryl Gardner.
    I'd almost agree with you there, BUT Dillon *wants* to be a Bronco, has the ability to be a Bronco...I think that the reason the front office hasn't made the move yet is they're working on it...they want to give us mbers some time to argue about it, take sides on it, become enemies over it & give people plenty of time to bandwagon jump all over the place!

Dillon wants to be a Bronco, I think he would do well here & I hope to see him here...Hey, it sure as hell beats the Raiders getting him.

Comment

That is ridiculous. Quick ignoring the real issue here......

Dillon is a malcontent with an attitude problem. Our track record with those types of players has not been good lately. See D Gardener and D Carter. We have got to get it and not waste time and money anymore on players that have bad attitudes.

Look at where we might have been last year if we spent our money on a couple of good guys that could have contributed instead of throwing all that money at Gardener. If we have 3.5 mill to spend for next year, and 3.8 the next lets not waste it on Dillon. Lets grab someone that we know will not be a chemistry problem, and may actually contribute, and keep the second round pick.

Look at what Miami had to trade for Boston yesterday. A conditional 6th round pick. Boston complained last year (just like Dillon) and put up better numbers than Dillon did in Bungul land. They both played on bad teams have similar money contracts for the next two years and both are worth almost nothing on the open market.

Dillon won't get traded for a second rounder and I think the Raiders are crazy for even offering a 3rd rounder.

Look at TO. With all his skill attitude took him down to a second rounder. You can't believe that Dillon is the athlete the TO is.

Attitude and Chemistry count and I am tired of wasting money on morons that don't want to be out there. D Gard and D Carter hosed our salary cap scenario for years. It is not like malcontent a holes just majically turn around.

The only way the Dillon makes any sense is if he restructures and almost the whole contract is dependant on performance. Then the price might be worth a conditional 6th rounder. We should learn from the trade that went down yesterday.

Comment

lets stay with griffin!
        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

I also think we could add Tatem Bell or J Jones in the third round or a kid like Michael Turner in the fourth round. These would all be far less expensive than Dillon. They all timed out in the 4.4 range and have better size than Griffin. Which may be necessary for the long haul.

Comment

I agree... Dillon would be a steal!! Any true Denver fan would take that trade in a heartbeat (Portis for Bailey & Dillon). Two pro-bowlers for one. And both players are young. I don't see why Denver hasn't pulled the trigger, but I sure would like to see Dillon here in Denver. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens this offseason.
            Bailey 25 is young, however, Dillion is 30. Thats the age when backs start to lose steps, and dillion has been ridden hard and is ready to be put away, wet preferably, to the pasture. Why pay a guy that is on the downside of his career the money he's gonna want?

Don't give me that crap about wanting to go to a winner, cause most don't give a **** about that. They want the money, just ask berry about playing for a team that gave you a shot or going for money.

Comment

Bingo.... Good Call

Comment

I say we give him a contract like we gave Plummer--Shanny learned from mistakes like Griese at the QB position, why not at the RB position as well? We can have a tiered bonus so that everyone is happy, with an option to, if he's not performing, cut him & not give him any more of our money.

Comment

Re: Answer this one for me

Originally posted by GSRelyea
                  Would you be happy with a trade that sent Portis to Washington and in return you recieve Champ Bailey and Corey Dillon?
                  hell yeah, your getting a good RB, and a great CB..and your only losing a good RB
                  sigpic

Comment

because he's not a free agent. Any trade with Cincy will require us to restructure his contract to get it under the salary cap. Therefore, Cor"ME"y dillion would have to take a salary cut, and denver wouldn't want to pay him what he's getting on this current salary. We would have to offer him bonus money and incentives that would be easily reachable.

Why do we want someone elses head case? Wasn't Gardener, Dalton, Carter, and Kennison enough? If were not happy with what we have, including a former rookie of the year, then we should draft a Running Back.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncofanNKC
                      [email protected]$$, have you ever heard of Barry Sanders..5'7 195 himself and what did he do for his career. Glynn was about 165-170 and he was not as thick in the body. Q is the real deal, keep saying he can't and I promise he will. He played on a Division I school and was dominate at a major college.
                      Barry Sanders was actually 5'8" and 203 pounds during his playing days. Not that an inch and 10 pounds is a huge difference, but you never know. Plain and simple, there has only been one Barry Sanders in all the years of football and I truly believe that there will never be a running back with that kind of talent again. Griffin is NOT like Barry Sanders, he's more like Charlie Garner. Quick, shifty, like a jitterbug. Wake up people, we do not have the next coming of Barry Sanders on our team. We had a future hall of fame running back, but we tossed him aside instead of giving the money he deserved.

Comment

Okay, let's all agree on this. QG is not Barry Sanders, no one is saying he is. What everyone is saying is that the measurables are similar, is that clear enough. People keep saying that he is too small, however, there are cases of RB as small as him being very successful, and the most notable one is Barry Sanders. It is a counter argument. We aren't saying that he's the second coming, were saying that ppl that size can play and play well in the NFL. You can't have it both ways, You either say that QG can't play because he's too small, which leaves you trying to explain how barry did it, or you admit he should be given the damn shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                          Okay, let's all agree on this. QG is not Barry Sanders, no one is saying he is. What everyone is saying is that the measurables are similar, is that clear enough. People keep saying that he is too small, however, there are cases of RB as small as him being very successful, and the most notable one is Barry Sanders. It is a counter argument. We aren't saying that he's the second coming, were saying that ppl that size can play and play well in the NFL. You can't have it both ways, You either say that QG can't play because he's too small, which leaves you trying to explain how barry did it, or you admit he should be given the damn shot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Thank you, maybe now people will let this issue die until we actually see Q play this season.

Comment

I agree Q has some good skills. Your argument falls apart when you try to compare them from a size perspective. Barry was a legitimate 200 when he began his career. That was also at a time when a 200-210 lb back was the norm. Linebackers were 230 (which is now considered a very small LB).Keep in mind that many other backs of Barry's time were his size and smaller. Most notably Thurman Thomas, Emmit Smith, Bobby Humphries... Barry was not a small back. He was short but very strong a powerful. Short is not the same as small.

We currently have only one back in the league that is the size of Q. That is Warrick Dunn. Even Tiki Barber is quite a bit bigger. Warrick Dunn has injury problems and has never been the man because of his size and durability. He has very similar skills to Q and has also drawn comparisons at times to Barry. He just has not been able to go the distance as a premier back.

Just recognize the concern. Your comparison is wishful thinking from a good Broncos fan. I hope that Q will work out and is half the back that Barry was. You do however have to understand the concern. We are putting a back out there that is significantly smaller than any other full time back in the league. This could be a problem. Look where we would have been last year without MA and Q backing up Portis.

Look at the problems with Portis last year and injuries and he is one of the smaller backs in the league. Portis has at least 15 pounds and probably more like 30 pounds on Q.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                              Your argument falls apart when you try to compare them from a size perspective. Barry was a legitimate 200 when he began his career. Barry was not a small back. He was short but very strong a powerful. Short is not the same as small.

We currently have only one back in the league that is the size of Q. That is Warrick Dunn. Even Tiki Barber is quite a bit bigger.

Just recognize the concern. Your comparison is wishful thinking from a good Broncos fan. I hope that Q will work out and is half the back that Barry was. You do however have to understand the concern. We are putting a back out there that is significantly smaller than any other full time back in the league. This could be a problem. Look where we would have been last year without MA and Q backing up Portis.

Portis has at least 15 pounds and probably more like 30 pounds on Q.
                              Q weighs at least 195, if not more, and he will probably weigh at least 200 once camp opens. He benches 375 and squats over 550 pounds, is that not power?

Look at Dunn and compare his muscle mass to Q's, they are not even close. And I'm not sure, but I think Barber is at least 5'10" so he should be bigger than Q.

Portis is maybe 205, maybe. Last time I checked 205-195 was 10, if 195 is even all that Q weighs.

Comment

I don't want to argue about this because I really, really like Q. I do have some nerves about him lasting the whole season but I would like him to do really well. I hope you are all correct and Q takes off this year. My dream is that all my fears are overcome by a pro bowl season out of Q.

Comment

Working...
                                X