Answer this one for me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myoung
    That is ridiculous. Quick ignoring the real issue here......

Dillon is a malcontent with an attitude problem. Our track record with those types of players has not been good lately. See D Gardener and D Carter. We have got to get it and not waste time and money anymore on players that have bad attitudes.

Look at where we might have been last year if we spent our money on a couple of good guys that could have contributed instead of throwing all that money at Gardener. If we have 3.5 mill to spend for next year, and 3.8 the next lets not waste it on Dillon. Lets grab someone that we know will not be a chemistry problem, and may actually contribute, and keep the second round pick.

Look at what Miami had to trade for Boston yesterday. A conditional 6th round pick. Boston complained last year (just like Dillon) and put up better numbers than Dillon did in Bungul land. They both played on bad teams have similar money contracts for the next two years and both are worth almost nothing on the open market.

Dillon won't get traded for a second rounder and I think the Raiders are crazy for even offering a 3rd rounder.

Look at TO. With all his skill attitude took him down to a second rounder. You can't believe that Dillon is the athlete the TO is.

Attitude and Chemistry count and I am tired of wasting money on morons that don't want to be out there. D Gard and D Carter hosed our salary cap scenario for years. It is not like malcontent a holes just majically turn around.

The only way the Dillon makes any sense is if he restructures and almost the whole contract is dependant on performance. Then the price might be worth a conditional 6th rounder. We should learn from the trade that went down yesterday.
    Ditto -

Said perfectly - along with your comments on Q - I like your thinking - welcome aboard - I am just gonna follow you and quote you and post "ditto" LOL - now i dont have to type anymore

Comment

Re: Answer this one for me

Originally posted by GSRelyea
      On ESPN Insider they said that Cincy was looking for a 2nd round pick for Corey Dillon, and that Oakland was only willing to give up a third rounder. So I ask you all this question.... Would you be happy with a trade that sent Portis to Washington and in return you recieve Champ Bailey and Corey Dillon?

I say give up one of the 2nd rounders and grab Dillon.....Q.G. and his 5'7'' 165lb body and 3.7 ypc avg. is NOT the answer.
      And I would tell you no way. Dillion is not the answer short or long term, why waiste a high 2nd round pick. Btw Griffin weighs 195lbs not 165lbs that is big difference.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Hall of FAME????

"...We had a future hall of fame running back, but we tossed him aside instead of giving the money he deserved."

Hall of FAme??? you are telling me you think Clinton PORTIS is a HALL OF FAME running back???? How so? How do you figure THAT from two years of playing??? THE ONLY Hall of Fame running back we have had on OUR roster is Terrell Davis.... Clinton can't stay healthy and rushed in a system that had Mike Anderson rush for 1500yrds and 12 TDs. I don't see where Clinton "deserved" to be paid the highest in the league when he ISN'T EVEN the best running back in the NFL!!! I could probably put three or four ahead of him!!

Comment

You guys gotta admit Dillon is a perfect fit for the system we use (which is to abuse our backs as much as possible, which Dillon has been doing on the Bengals for some time now). My problem with him is: how much money he wants and can he still be productive. I know he'll most likely be happy in Denver... there's just a lot of if's to this trade but if it actually worked out it'd REALLY help Denver.

If it didn't........ DAMMIT!

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
          - Carl Sagan

Comment

With Dillon, Its not just about how much money he wants. He is still under contract. So unless he restructures or is cut it is how much money he gets.......

Not worth it......

Comment

I have to agree with you on that issue. The size of football players are growing, but I complain all the time that we should have gotten warrick dunn when he became a free agent. It was offset by us drafting CP, but Warrick Dunn is a monster in open space and I see QG as the same. The stretch play is our bread and butter and that means we have blockers into the second level for QG when he breaks the LOS. I see him in-out and gone. Remember the injury portis had wasn't due to a hit, it was due to him landing with the football in the wrong place, because he was shuffling the ball when he went down. I think that QG will be a good back, but I agree that we haven't seen what QG will be able to handle over the course of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                I don't want to argue about this because I really, really like Q. I do have some nerves about him lasting the whole season but I would like him to do really well. I hope you are all correct and Q takes off this year. My dream is that all my fears are overcome by a pro bowl season out of Q.
                I too worry sometimes about him lasting all 16+ games, but I'm optimistic that he can. That's all I'm saying man let's pull for Q instead of doubting him because the way it looks right now he's our main HB.

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore
                  You guys gotta admit Dillon is a perfect fit for the system we use (which is to abuse our backs as much as possible, which Dillon has been doing on the Bengals for some time now). My problem with him is: how much money he wants and can he still be productive. I know he'll most likely be happy in Denver... there's just a lot of if's to this trade but if it actually worked out it'd REALLY help Denver.

If it didn't........ DAMMIT!
                  NUB no way! Imho I really don't see Dillion as any kind of answer. The guy has an attitude, and with as long as he has been in the NFL I think he's about used up as running back.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever
                    Bailey 25 is young, however, Dillion is 30. Thats the age when backs start to lose steps, and dillion has been ridden hard and is ready to be put away, wet preferably, to the pasture. Why pay a guy that is on the downside of his career the money he's gonna want?

Don't give me that crap about wanting to go to a winner, cause most don't give a **** about that. They want the money, just ask berry about playing for a team that gave you a shot or going for money.
                    I would agree with you for the most part about players just wanting money except for the fact that corey dillon " DOES NOT" know the meaning of a winning team, he doesn't know what it feels like to win, the bengals have been losers his entire career so i do believe he wants to be somewhere where he has a chance to be on a winning team.
                    sigpic

Comment

we should get dillon so we have a runningback to teach griffin
                      denver is number one and always will be!!!!!! forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and 31 other teams suck !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dillon is 30 Griffin is 22, and he has skills to run in the NFL

I want to say one thing to you people, can we please get some common sense? Why do I keep seeing Griffin's weight brought into this? I have 2 things to say:

1) Just cause a player is 195 doesnt mean he is injury prone or undurable. if that were the case, Griffin would never be able to be the workhorse he was in college. Playing at 210 or playing 215 is only 5 freakin lbs difference, so why is that same 5 lbs. SO VERY IMPORTANT to get Griffin to 200 lbs? Its 5 lbs!

2) Why are you all talking as if Griffin cant gain any weight? Please answer this question? How much did Clinton Portis weigh when he came into the league? How much weight did he gain? Griffin may be stocky, but he isnt even that thick as i first thought. That means he still has some muscle to gain, which means his 195 lbs just might go up *gasp* why does nobody think of that?
                        dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Comment

we should get dillon so we have a runningback to teach griffin
                          what exactly does a runningback teach other runningbacks?

See the hole, and hit it?

Don't tear an ACL, you won't get the big payday?

If you have a great season, demand more money?

If there's a linebacker in front of you, lower a shoulder and hit him?

The game doesn't get any different for a running back in the NFL than it is college IMHO, other than players are bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher.

Comment

i think there is one thing that alot of people forget when talkin bout Q and getting injured .... Q is a nugget with a low centre of gravity ,.... which does make it more difficult to get caught in real akward positons .... in rugby league (i know you probably never heard of it ... ) one of the most successful players ever is about Q's height .... def not as stocky but very small ... and he never got injured or tackled really hard as he was on the floor in a flash ..... just a thought anyway ....

Comment

Originally posted by O&B_Forever

The game doesn't get any different for a running back in the NFL than it is college IMHO, other than players are bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher.
                              Funny, but you're taking away part of 'their' argument!!

Besides, if everybody in the nfl is bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher, how many games/years before Q is considered "in the nfl"???????
                              "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                              tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                              men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Hey, there's a always an exception that proves the rule.

Comment

Working...
                                X