round 1 pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoDakTE87
    Winslow will be gone by our pick I assume SO Troupe probably then I think we should get Maurice Clarett and Teddy Lehman somehwere in there if we can
    NO Maurice Clarett in any round. Let some other team have him.

We definitely need to draft WR first, then think about TE, then the rest of the draft needs to focus on defense. I could see taking another RB in the late rounds (damn good history of doing it), but Clarett can sit on the draft board until we are done picking for all I care!
    Stephanie

Comment

WR i have really liked what i have read on Clayton and Woods. i really really like Woods, but i think Clayton would be a better pick since he can block better. with our 2nd picks i think we should grab TE watson and a LB or something on D side. RB should come until 3rd or later. Cobbs and Julius i like!

Maurice Clarett can rot in hell.....not really, but i dont want to see him EVER with a bronco uni.. and tinfedwtf is up with a kicker! no one ever has taken a kicker in round1 !!

5ppl voted for RB in the 1st round?? there arent any RBs worth that high of a pick..esp with us having other needs and we have a ton of RBs anyways.
      Last edited by want2bAbronco; 03-17-2004, 05:46 AM.

JIM is the man!!

"Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

Comment

I say trade our first round pick for a couple of lower round picks so we don't have to pay someone a boat load of money just to see them bust. After that make our first pick a TE, LB, WR, RB, DT, DB, DB, P and K.

Comment

I say trade our 1st , OUR 2nd and deltha Oneal to move up and draft sean taylor. This is the best pick in the draft and he'll slip to below five cause everyone wants glamor picks like QB and WR. As fast as TE and RB are as well as multiple reciver sets you need a great Safety and Taylor is a freak! Big as a linebacker, fast as most recievers, and covers like a cornerback, this would be the best draft pick Denver ever had. I think this guy will be the new prototype for NFL Safeties.

Comment

Wide reciever first, tight end second would be my vote.

The only problem with drafting a wide receiver is that many times they do not come in and make an immediate impact. Sometimes it takes them a year or two to get really good on the pro level.

Does anyone see Woods or Clayton coming in and making an immediate difference?

I think History plays against us, even though I would like to see us draft one of the top WR's.
            Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I would have to say TE Ben Troupe is the whole package and imho the best TE in the draft.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I can see the Broncos going with a WR in the first round.

Just hoping that Vilma is still left by the time the Colts make their pick...we need LB depth in a major way!
                James Tiberius Kirk: "Spock, the women on your planet are logical. No other planet in the galaxy can make that claim."

Comment

Originally posted by dred
                  I can see the Broncos going with a WR in the first round.

Just hoping that Vilma is still left by the time the Colts make their pick...we need LB depth in a major way!
                  There's enough talent in this draft for every team to be happy. Btw if we don't draft a TE we should get Vilma just to make life miserable for ya'll. Just kidding. Vilma would be great pick for any team.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I think we should trade down and nab a 2nd and possible 3rd round pick. The draft is just way too deep this year in the positions we might consider "critical". Just my thoughts.

Nuff said...

Not as lean & Not as mean.. but damn proud to claim the title of (former) U.S. Marine
                    ~DBMAdsf Llaus @T m0 P^~

Comment

we can't trade UP to steal someone and then expect to get a watson in the second round because we will have to give that second round choice away in order to move up. I say we get Troupe in the first round... this way Sharp can tutor him just as he did Todd Heap. Since WRs RARELY make an impact in the first year anyway, draft a solid one in the early second round... DT in the later 2nd round.... then lets grab that steal at RB in the later rounds

Comment

Originally posted by NOLABroncofan
                        I think we should trade down and nab a 2nd and possible 3rd round pick. The draft is just way too deep this year in the positions we might consider "critical". Just my thoughts.

Nuff said...
                        Definitely worthy of consideration.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I loved whoever's idea it was to take Michael Jenkins in with our first pick and then Ben Watson with our second round pick from Washington. Jenkins is freaking huge (6'4, 213 lbs) and runs a pretty good 40 time (4.53). Clayton ran really slow at the combine, somewhere around 4.7, but I've read that his usual speed is somewhere around 4.45 or something. Either way, I think Michael Jenkins is the better pick, he's compared in play to Keyshawn Johnson, and with Eddie gone we need that guy that's more of a possession receiver to compliment Rod and Ashley. I like Watson better than Troupe for a couple reasons, first, he's insanely strong (lifted the regular 225 bench press 34 times) AND ran the fastest 40 of all the tight ends in the draft, including Troupe. I could possibly be getting Watson confused with Ben Hartstock of Ohio State on the bench reps reference but there are a lot of Bens in this year's tight end group so sorry if I am incorrect. But his 40 time was the best. After that I say draft defense and a running back, possibly Tatum Bell from Oklahoma State or Adimchinobe Echemandu in the 4th round, Bell is more of a speedster but Echemandu would be a good physical, down hill runner that would compliment Q.G. But with Gold and Gardner gone we definately need to get an OLB and DT somewhere, ideally a good one would fall to Denver in the late 2nd or 3rd round, but who knows. Can't wait for the draft, answers to so many questions...

Comment

Working...
                          X