mike is telling the truth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outstanding post as always bc.
    i was asked about the kobe thing also. my response was similar, but slightly more longwinded (as is my style right?)
    i said, if he is guilty i hope he pays for it, and if he is innocent, i hope he is vindicated.

your statement is simpler, but same basic point. nice to see that not everyone believes blindly what they hear from our often irresponsible media.

jake

Comment

Originally posted by bcollin1
      Oh...and Jake:

From someone who OBVIOUSLY gets a little too worked up over stuff from time to time (heh heh)...let it come out naturally, man.

Be comforted in whatever knowledge you have, and just pray that the truth does find the light of day soon.

No matter what happens, people know what's up with Mike. He's conducted himself as a true professional since the day he got here. One day doesn't make character...EVERY day makes character.

Mike will be okay.
      thank you for your comments. i certainly do get worked up too easy sometimes, though this is a little different since its personal. ive never been in a situation before where someone i know gets openly criticized IN PUBLIC. its even more difficult to know that most of what's said is untrue. anyway, you are right, and i am trying to settle down and have faith that it will all come to light soon.

as for mike, he will of course be ok, and he is going to use this time to spend with his family, but he is also struggling mightily with the fact that he cant set the record straight, and he cant be around his team when he knows they need him. mike has been through alot, and i will hope that this only makes him stronger in his resolve. anyway, thanks again for the nice comments.

jake

Comment

Originally posted by horseface
        I'm not arguing with you, it just seems odd that the head coach doesn't know the specifics of what's going on.
        Bless you horseface.

I'm a horrible awful smarta$$ for thinking the same thing.

Geez.

Must be because I'm a Chiefs fan. Can't be just because I'm a human being or anything.

This is stupid.

Comment

Jake-
          What exactly is your relationship to Mike?

As for Shanahan's comments: was I the only person that saw the Rocky Mtn. Sports Report interview last night. He didn't speculate...He stated that this was his 3rd offense. I'm not arguing with you, it just seems odd that the head coach doesn't know the specifics of what's going on.
          thats why i asked if anyone else saw the show. these coments come out of left field.

as for the relationship with mike, i dont see the relevance, but i guess if you want to know...

my best friend and i managed a car dealership together in denver before i moved down here to nm (i still drive back for every home game)
          when he was called to duty as a marine, his wife moved out of their house and into an apartment complex. when he returned home, they decided to stay in the apartment for awhile and my friend found out that the nice couple next door that befriended his wife was reueben droughns. reueben and his lady didnt really know anyone in town other than his teammates, and he welcomed some friends that dont play football. we met mike through him, and hit it off immediately mainly because of our college rivalries. i went to byu, he went to utah, and in case anyone doesnt know they are arch rivals. anyway, we've been friendly ever since. like i said, i dont see him every day, or every week (nobody really goes out much after losses), but certainly enough to consider him a friend and to believe him when he tells me something.

i certainly dont need to qualify anything to you or anyone else, but there's your answer anyway.

jake

Comment

Originally posted by jake meffley
            also, can someone confirm the DETAILS of what shanahan said last night? again, this is the first ive heard of those comments, and they are far different from his supportive comments today. he didnt simply say he couldnt discuss it, he said that he couldnt discuss all the DETAILS, the same thing ive said. he also said that any company including his wouldve been a negative test, and he supports mike in anything he does. doesnt quite sound like a guy "disapointed" in someone does it?

what im wondering until i can check out those comments myself is this. did shanahan also say the same thing that some reporters said and ASSUME that it was his third offense? i can see shanahan speculating, and saying he doesnt know all the details yet, but i'd be VERY surprised if he pulled a schefter and stated that as if it were fact.

jake
            Jake I don't know you, but what you say is true and I really know for a fact that Mike Anderson has not been involved 3 times in nothing illegal, this is the first time I have ever heard a negative comment about the man and already we've let these 2 faced step children who evidently don't have a home of their own come in and post what they want on our boards. I firmly believe the Medical Reports they put out each day in your rocky mtn news and Denver post papers,"2ND HAND SMOKE OF ANY KIND CAN AND WILL GIVE YOU CANCER SAYS THE SURGEON GENERAL" and yes 2nd hand smoke can and does give anyone that is near and in contact a dirty pee and a whole lot more. Seems to me when they want something to happen to someone or some football club, ie basketball or hockey, they will take the rubbish and remark on it as if they are officials or the know it all in the matter. I watched the show and Shanny O stood 100% behind his player!!! ? is why wouldn't he, the coach in KC stood by D Hall when he had his little escapades and not to mention the drug abuser on the faiders team romo he could even be called an attempted murderer after he literally tried to kill his co- player on his team so go figure all you faking fans, give this man Jake a ^ 5 you deserve it cause trying to make a statement or try to be nice you have that certain few that just love to remain ignorant!!!!!!! I'll always be giving goodluv2theBroncos,now skat
            and get over it, stop trying to crucify the man he did nothing to you but play hard every Sunday and you don't even appreciate it. Jake don't worry you still have way more loyal fans than you have of these few ignorant ones who come in and try to twist and change things to make it fit their wants, but I know we show and tell them that it isn't happening, and thats why they get so irriated.LMAO Mike A. we love you, you are great and one of the best.
            Last edited by goodluv4Broncos; 11-13-2003, 09:04 PM.
            Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

With respect towards Mike, and I'm sure this will blow over soon enough.

But the longer this goes on, and the more hush hush everything is, the worse it is going to look for him. This sure is a circus just for being a first violation and second hand smoke.
              Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

also, can someone confirm the DETAILS of what shanahan said last night? again, this is the first ive heard of those comments, and they are far different from his supportive comments today. he didnt simply say he couldnt discuss it, he said that he couldnt discuss all the DETAILS, the same thing ive said. he also said that any company including his wouldve been a negative test, and he supports mike in anything he does. doesnt quite sound like a guy "disapointed" in someone does it?

what im wondering until i can check out those comments myself is this. did shanahan also say the same thing that some reporters said and ASSUME that it was his third offense? i can see shanahan speculating, and saying he doesnt know all the details yet, but i'd be VERY surprised if he pulled a schefter and stated that as if it were fact.
                jake
                Jake,

Mike Shanahan did say on the Rocky Mtn Sports report that this was Mike Anderson's 3rd offense as Horseface said. He also said he was disappointed. I watched it myself. He did say it and it was said in a sorrowful way I thought.

I am a Bronco Fan and I watch the Rocky Mtn Sports Report almost every night for news.

I'm sorry Jake, but Shanahan did say it.
                Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

I can honestly say that I was baffled when I first heard why he was suspended. Although, I havent said one negative statement about Mike Anderson, I believe he's a great guy as well as a great player. He'll make it up when he suits up!

Comment

If its his first offense why not just give him the benefit of the doubt? Not like buds that big of a deal anyway....maybe if he was a chronic smoker, but I doubt he is, so I dont think people should give him ****.

Comment

it just seems odd that the head coach doesn't know the specifics of what's going on.
                      C'mon horseface, it's Shanarat we're talkin about, the King of Liars

Comment

I wasn't asking for qualification...I was asking because I'm interested in what you're saying and I was trying to understand how you would know more than others about this. It was obvious you knew more than us...I was only asking to see how you know the things you're saying...
                        Like I said, I'm not arguing with you. As for the interview last night...I only know what was said last night...but Shanahan did not sound like someone who was misinformed...
                        Hopefully, if he didn't do it, he can prove it...I'd sure like to know a definitive answer one way or the other.
                        sorry horseface. i was a little put off by your earlier seemingly sarcastic post, and overreacted a little im sure. anyway, there was your answer. i by no means consider myself to be anyone or anything special, and im not trying to be high and mighty by not telling the rest of the story, im simply keeping my word.

the information comes to me not from some private or secret source, but from mike's mouth, and i will defend him because i believe him, and because the truth makes sense.

jake

Comment

Originally posted by Mer
                          I'm going to remember the fact that you consider him a friend, and so thats why you're getting pissy.

In no way was I calling you a liar.

I was calling Shanny a liar.
                          I was stating that SHANNY shouldn't have opened his mouth Tuesday if he didn't know for sure that Mike was in the program.

Me being a Chiefs fan has nothing to do with nothing. Denver isn't going to lose because Mike is suspended. Mike isn't a horrible person because this happened.

So relax. Take a deep breath. He's suspended. Theres nothing anyone can do about it now. All the truths will come out, and I'll say it again...

If all you say is true, then I've lost even more respect for Shanny for opening his mouth about one of this players.
                          better put, and it actually makes a die hard bronco fan like me lose some respect for him as well. he's lost alot of respect in my book with many of his actions over the last couple years.
                          thats a whole new thread, but the list is long of questionable things shanahan has done in my book. it is DEFINATELY to the point where i trust nothing out of shanarat's mouth. yes, for all other bronco fan's out there i called him shanarat also. lets face it a) he does LOOK like a rat.
                          b) he isnt exactly the most straightforward and honest guy in the world, and
                          c) he's made SO many questionable coaching moves in the last couple years that i feel no remorse in calling him by a nickname that's more funny than anything else.

jake

Comment

I used to be a Shanafan but lately he is acting more and more like the Raider he used to be, I dont like the BS that is going around, but dont know enough to make an informed opinion. I would hope we wouldnt have resigned him to such a long term contract if he is as bad as some of his actions lately suggest.....let's hope this is just a phase.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
                              Jake,

Mike Shanahan did say on the Rocky Mtn Sports report that this was Mike Anderson's 3rd offense as Horseface said. He also said he was disappointed. I watched it myself. He did say it and it was said in a sorrowful way I thought.

I am a Bronco Fan and I watch the Rocky Mtn Sports Report almost every night for news.

I'm sorry Jake, but Shanahan did say it.
                              no apology necessary. its just one more incedent that causes me to lose respect for thecoach. my question to you,horseface, and anyone else who saw that, is did you also see his statement the FOLLOWING day. as i said, i missed the tuesday fsr report, but shanahan's comments the following day were completely different. im totally appalled that even mike's own coach would believe the assumptions and not get the details first. anyway, im really curious to see if anyone watched both statements, and if it was obvious that the guy was singing a different tune. you said that he seemed sad almost. i find that even more intriguing since he sounded strong, supportive, and almost enthusiastic the next day. anyone?

jake

Comment

no apology necessary. its just one more incedent that causes me to lose respect for thecoach. my question to you,horseface, and anyone else who saw that, is did you also see his statement the FOLLOWING day. as i said, i missed the tuesday fsr report, but shanahan's comments the following day were completely different. im totally appalled that even mike's own coach would believe the assumptions and not get the details first. anyway, im really curious to see if anyone watched both statements, and if it was obvious that the guy was singing a different tune. you said that he seemed sad almost. i find that even more intriguing since he sounded strong, supportive, and almost enthusiastic the next day. anyone?

jake
                                Are you actually Mike's lawyer?
                                Suck is NOT a bronco fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X