X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
    C'mon horseface, it's Shanarat we're talkin about, the King of Liars
    long time no talk ny rogers!!

first, the avatar is classic. ive seen many derogatory bronco things over the years, but that is the first one to make me laugh out loud.

as for shanahan, im completely fed up with the man. a guarded lie about a players health once in awhile is one thing, but this guy is getting so bad you cant trust ANYTHING from him anymore.

the downplaying of morton's leg injury in '77 was strategic, and somewhat understandable (which was red miller, not shanahan),
    plummer's injury was more unneccessary than anything else to me. i actually saw an interview later in the week with plummer where he said he was worried when shanahan asked him to fake the concussion, because he was concerned with what his family watching would think. he didnt slam shanahan (obviously), but he did say that he had never been asked to lie before. this latestmove in the anderson situation is even worse. anyway, i just though i'd voice my opinion here, since many bronco fans blindly support the man.

if we were winning more it would be easier, but when i examine the last two years, and see a coach that in my mind has played an integral part in NUMEROUS losses of late, it makes the whole thing even harder to tolerate.

jake

Comment

Originally posted by cheapseats
      Are you actually Mike's lawyer?
      i guess im not too good at reading sarcasm anymore, so ill just answer the question. no, im not. ive already explained the relationship. its that simple.

jake

Comment

Here is a press conference where Shanahan claims twice that it was not Anderson's first offense but his third. This is probably what people saw on Rocky Mountain Sports Report.

BYU sucks!

Comment

Because I know not everyone has Real One... And the Broncos surpisingly don't post the transcripts of their press conferences.

This was what Shanny had to say on Wednesday.

=+=-=-=-=-=

“The situation with Mike. I’m disappointed in Mike that he’s in the situation that he’s at. When it comes to this point, it basically comes down to your third violation. That’s a disappointment, and I know Mike’s disappointed in that as well. I can’t get into all the details, I would like to at this time. But he’s uh.. He’s got an attorney, and he feels very strongly about his position right now. And I can’t get into all the ramifications or all the issues, which I would like to talk about. Once those issues are talked about and resolved, I’ll go through the whole scenario with Mike. But right now I can’t.

-Question I can’t hear.-

Well no. Well first of all, let me kind of go back. He put himself in a clutch situation. Once you get to a position where you could be suspended, it’s not your first offense. I’m not going to go into all the details. But I know Mike’s disappointed that he’s in that position. All I can say is that if Mike was applying for a job. In any organization including yours. And he took a test, he would have been found. It would have been negative. Now. Is that fair? <shrug> I’m going to let him take it up with their lawyers and talk about his scenario. There's been a lot of situations that have been talked about. Discussed. That’s been going on for a while. Back and forth. And I just can’t get into details at this time.

(I believe it’s a question about Mike returning early)

I don’t know. If I make the call. And I suspend somebody. I’m also the judge. It’s kind of hard to win those appeals. That’s why I think you have a lawyer, and I think that’s why you defend somebody. Not many people take on the NFL . I’m not sure Mike’s going to do that or his lawyers going to do that. But they feel they have a very strong case. Let them take it as it is.

(Question about changing the system)

Will the system change? Doesn’t matter what I think. The bottom line is whats reality. And we’re getting ready for a football game. He’s suspended. He’s not with us. There are guidelines from the NFL. You may like them or not. But we live with those guidelines and we go from there. Everyone lives under the same guidelines. It doesn’t matter whats right or not. It’s not fair sometimes with calls during the game. Where you lose a game when they didn’t make the right call. But you do the best thing for the league and sometimes that’s not always right for an organization or right for a person.

(After the first and second violation, did they lower the threshold for the third? ---rest of question I can’t really hear---)

No that has nothing to do with it. Theres a level obviously where they consider it positive. It’s not the same level that is positive here in the state of CO or other states throughout the country.

(Question)

Theres a nanogram level as they call it. And theres a certain nanogram that dictates if its positive or negative. I’m not going to go into all that. I can’t. You can believe me that I want to go there, but I can’t.

Comment

R-E-S-PE-C-T SHOW SOME FOR THE BRONCOS!!

Originally posted by jake meffley
            better put, and it actually makes a die hard bronco fan like me lose some respect for him as well. he's lost alot of respect in my book with many of his actions over the last couple years.
            thats a whole new thread, but the list is long of questionable things shanahan has done in my book. it is DEFINATELY to the point where i trust nothing out of shanarat's mouth. yes, for all other bronco fan's out there i called him shanarat also. lets face it a) he does LOOK like a rat.
            b) he isnt exactly the most straightforward and honest guy in the world, and
            c) he's made SO many questionable coaching moves in the last couple years that i feel no remorse in calling him by a nickname that's more funny than anything else.

jake
            Look at us we are acting like KC and OAK fans don't trust your Players, evidently when he made that call AND CONSIDERING who we were playing I, dont blame him the man didn't have a concussion but dam sure had a serious shoulder injury and then he went home and broke the main toe that you need to walk with other than that I think Shanahan made the right call. Well I say to you win or lose I'm still supporting a team that has yet to let me down, right now is when they need all the luv they can get . Now Clintin Portis was hurt he bruised his sternum eemm did any of you know that CP's ribs popped out? No just as I thought not thinking of the player but dayummm were killing our team. Remember who stopped KC last year from going to the SB? we didn't go and neither did they or anyone from the Western Conference for that matter. My I think we are some chicken Sh*t fans cause we lost a few look at you guys, got your heads all down, talking like they took the team out of here. Whatever Mike did is his business I'm sure he knows the consequenses so lay off him and you should watch more news show cause I live in Georgia and dam I heard Shanny O say Mike is a very outstanding player an a good examle in his neighborhood and this was his first time ever being reprimanded. before you go dooming and glooming the team I"d Like to Say Don't F**k with my Broncos, leave my Broncos alone and coach included. Remember Reeves got to the point at the end of the game almost he called some messed up plays and didn't want the Best QB in the NFL to throw,so my how we forget soon at least he's giving everyone a chance so chill and enjoy the next half, were on our way to the SB and trust that. I don't like anybody talking about MY BRONCOS IN A NEGATIVE MANOR especially in there house show some respect we be allright so will Mr Anderson
            Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

Re: R-E-S-PE-C-T SHOW SOME FOR THE BRONCOS!!

Originally posted by goodluv4Broncos
              [B] Remember who stopped KC last year from going to the SB? we didn't go and neither did they or anyone from the Western Conference for that matter. [B]
              Do you even watch football?

You tell me. Who played in last years Superbowl? Do you happen to know what conference that particular AFC team was in?

Comment

Re: Re: R-E-S-PE-C-T SHOW SOME FOR THE BRONCOS!!

Originally posted by Mer
                Do you even watch football?

You tell me. Who played in last years Superbowl? Do you happen to know what conference that particular AFC team was in?
                Mer ok ok what do you want a bone or a bisquit? so I made a mistake and what tv suppose to make me a scholar ? Well I don't think so just like I wasn't talking to you my you men are touchy thats what it is ah go out and eat some pizza, lmao just be back by time kick off starts roflmao geezas!!!!!! OH and by the way yes know exactly what conference the team was in you must be a Faider lmao and they went on a song and a prayer and didn't bring home the bacon as a matter of fact they looked like a bunch of 10th graders just learning what to do on a football field. to tell you the truth I didn't make a mistake I purposely said the statement because I wanted to see who the pretenders are you're it.
                Well, the one thing we always did when we went into a game against John Elway was that as a player, we had to expect the unexpected. That's the hard part that really can't be coached. And, that's the hard part of going against someone who's a great athlete. You can go against a guy that's a great quarterback and you can defend him. But, when you have to go against a great athlete like you were John, sometimes we couldn't prepare for the unexpected.

Comment

I knew you were too smart for me.

A Chief knocking Gannon into retirement being my avatar proudly declares me a Raiders fan.

You've proved something for sure. Your shining intelligence.

Comment

Heh. Wow.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: mike is telling the truth

Originally posted by horseface
                      many a man of integrity and honor have smoked a little pot from time-to-time. I have read many reports of studies showing that THC can not show up in a drug test through 2nd hand smoke. I'll take science over someone's word...for right now...and will untill he can prove otherwise. My main point is: smoking pot...does not eliminate someone from being a man of "integrity and honor."
                      Well, I got to tell you, I believe Mike. However, I disagree with your assertion regarding integrity and honor. Marijuana is an ILLEGAL drug. Using or possessing of such does not make a man of integrity nor honor. As you can see in Mikes case, if we believe his assertion, just being around it brings you dishonor, shame and embarrasment.
                      Captain Kirk

Comment

• Originally posted by jake meffley
                        if we were all republicans we'd have starving people in the streets, the rich getting richer, and be at war with some country threatening us with rocks for the end of time. that sounds like more of a nightmare than a dream.

jake
                        Ok, now you've lost all credibility. If we were all Democrats we would be saluting the hammer and scycle by now and your choice of employment would be made for you.
                        Captain Kirk

Comment

• Yeah, extreme Democrats are Communists, and extreme Republicans are Nazis. There is evil to be had on both sides if they go unchallenged.

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mike is telling the truth

Originally posted by klund
                            Well, I got to tell you, I believe Mike. However, I disagree with your assertion regarding integrity and honor. Marijuana is an ILLEGAL drug. Using or possessing of such does not make a man of integrity nor honor. As you can see in Mikes case, if we believe his assertion, just being around it brings you dishonor, shame and embarrasment.
                            Helping Jews evade Nazi capture was illegal. The underground railroad (smuggling enslaved southern blacks to the free states of the north) was illegal. Were these things without integrity and honor simply because they were "illegal" in those societies? Of course not, but your rationale states that they were. If you use the 'laws of the land' to determine what defines integrity and honor, you are making a big mistake.

If one day they legalize pot (and i believe that they eventually will), does that all the sudden make it an honorable thing to do? The act of smoking pot and the results are the exact same whether it is legal or illegal, so why would it become suddenly more or less honorable to partake in? If they did legalize it, would it make you MORE honorable to smoke as much as you could? Or would that only apply if they made it illegal to NOT smoke it?

Comment

• Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: mike is telling the truth

Originally posted by klund
                              So you are saying it's ok that alcohol, tobacco, Rx drugs and firearms cause 100,000's of deaths a year (many of them young children) because all of those things are LEGAL?

Marijuana related deaths - 0

I am not trying to ridicule you, but it is this type of thinking that keeps marijuana from being legalized. People need to know the truth...................People need to know the effects of something before they judge whether its harmful, dishonorable or embarrassing.

P.S. Very excellent example perry

Comment

• Originally posted by bcollin1
                                Please remember it's ME saying this, so I realize the somewhat-hypocritical nature of it, but:

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU GUYS ARE STILL ON THIS.
                                Let's just say this is one soap box I dont ever intend on climbing down from.......I will only come down if 1. it becomes legal or 2. I've smoked so much I pass out and fall off

Comment

Working...
                                X