Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coyer on Kennedy

Chris Peregrine; London
    The common perception amongst Broncos fans is that Kenoy Kennedy hits well but covers poorly. Is this a fair estimation in your opinion?

Larry Coyer
    No. Kenoy has the deal with the hitting because of his fines, but he’s truly developing into a pretty good cover safety. He’s done a nice job, particularly in the middle of the field, in some of our pass coverages and he’s developing into a pretty good cover guy. Just because he has those fines, everybody thinks he’s an in-the-box safety and he’s really not. He’s a pretty gifted kid and a talented cover guy; we just need him to intercept a few more passes.

So it's obvious the Coyer doesn't believe in the stereotyped about Kennedy and think of him highly.

When Kenoy first came to the Broncos he didn't really have any strong veteran safties to fall back on for advice, but with Lynch I think this will help him even more. Last year, two newbies were playing on the side of him so he had to take up the slack for them. The only thing I want to know is that would be better for Lynch and Kennedy to be on the field together. Kenoy started at as FS and played it in college to so he could play either safety position.

What to do?

If we do get Lynch I would love to see these two on the field together.
    Take care of business Broncos.

LCB- Champ Bailey
    SS- John Lynch
    FS- Kenoy Kennedy
    RCB- Lenny Walls
    NB- Kelly Herndon

If we can afford Lynch and Kenoy can successfully move to FS we would have an incredible Secondary.

Comment

what bout sam brandon, nick ferguson? we cut them? i dont think lynch is a smart move...injuries, costs money, old age...sam brandon sux but ferguson could start

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpey
        what bout sam brandon, nick ferguson? we cut them? i dont think lynch is a smart move...injuries, costs money, old age...sam brandon sux but ferguson could start
        Note I said if we could afford Lynch, but I dont think we can. And in case of an injury Ferguson would be right there. I don't really like Brandon, but he's 6'5" so he might be able to help on Special Teams. Everyone is forgetting about Chris Young. I think he can be a good S with some more seasoning.

Comment

Sharpey he is a great player, even if for some reason he didnt start his experience and teaching would be well worth the investment! Kenoy and the others havent had anyone that has won the big games or been around for awhile to teach them.

JIM is the man!!

"Listen to the footsteps of those who have gone before you. They speak to you of honor and the importance of duty. They remind you of your traditions." Casper W. Weinberger

Comment

Didn't know we still had Ferguson, and I just forgot all about Brandon. Shoot me. Nothing wrong with having a bunch of good safties

Comment

Originally posted by K'Noy_Kills
              Shoot me.

LOL

Comment

everything sounds good except for one thing...WALLS AT RCB????.....am i the only one that saw this guy getting picked apart on the quick sideline outs all last year? am i the only one to notice this guy playing 10 yards off the wr almost every play last year? this guy is slow and he cant grab a interception to save his life...id go with kelly any day over this walls guy, walls needs to put on some pounds and play third string saftey. we need a good rcb because this is the cb postion that will see all the action, they will throw away from champ 90 percent of the time.
                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
                  everything sounds good except for one thing...WALLS AT RCB????.....am i the only one that saw this guy getting picked apart on the quick sideline outs all last year? am i the only one to notice this guy playing 10 yards off the wr almost every play last year? this guy is slow and he cant grab a interception to save his life...id go with kelly any day over this walls guy, walls needs to put on some pounds and play third string saftey. we need a good rcb because this is the cb postion that will see all the action, they will throw away from champ 90 percent of the time.
                  First of all Walls will improve with champ on the other side. corner is not a priority! With champ our whole secondary will improve. they will try to avoid champ but we'll have champ on their best WR. they will want to throw to their best reciever more the 10% of the time.

Comment

True, Lynch would bring leadership and experience to help tutor the younger guys, but wow there is gonna be some serious depth at that position...do any have trading value??

Also, i agree with the anti-Lenny Walls post...although he may not be that bad, he really cant pick off any passes which means he lacks instinct for the position...his biggest asset is his height, but if he cant stick to anyone, whats the point?

Comment

I would say......

Start Lynch and Ferguson......

Kennedy makes too many mistakes out there...Ferguson looked really good to me in coverage....

If we sign Lynch, he will start no matter what....

But I really like Ferguson, and we gave him a long-term deal early in the off-season this year, so he isn't going anywhere...

Sam Brandon isn't that good in my opinion, too slow....
                      Eeerrrrrr.......

Comment

Well i was just saying i think we need a good corner to go with champ, we cant play much man to man with one good corner and one bad corner, we will be forced to go into zone most of the time like last year, zone is good when your corners arent very good, we did well with the zone last year, but zone will rob champ of some of the things he can do best and thats tight man coverage. walls just doesnt seem like a good choice to me, oneal would be if he would get his head out of his azz and play. kelly has the speed and isnt half bad in coverage....id go with kelly.
                        "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Re: I would say......

Originally posted by BroncoStud102
                          Start Lynch and Ferguson......

Kennedy makes too many mistakes out there...
                          As in?

And Brandon is not all that slow.

Comment

Ok whoever said Sam Brandon is 6'5....WTF are you smoking. Second of all, I agree, Lenny is not the best cover corner, but you have to remember, He was up against the teams best reciever last year, and now we will have champ on them and Lenny on number two reciever which will help him out, plus he is 6'4'' which is really nice and helps out alot, especially when playing zone, which we should do now that we got champ, we should have champ man up one on one with the opposing teams number 1 reciever and have the rest play zone. For most part atleast. But Kennoy Kennedy is awesome, I hate when people dis this guy, he is a competitive athlete who likes to hit people. I really dont know if I like this lynch thing, I mean he will be relativily expensive, plus we do have nick ferguson, and Sam Brandon will eventually get better, I still have faith in him, and I still have faith in Willie Middlebrooks. Alot of players dont get good till their later years, I mean some people on this board are high on Nick Ferguson, where the hell was he his early years....exactly, now he has turned into a pretty damn good players, so dont lose faith in young players that quickly. You people are probally the same people saying Lelie has yet to have a breakout season, and could possible be bust...my god it has been two years, give him time, look at reggie wayne, he is sweet, but just starting to develope, and what about santana moss, he has been in league couple years and now is just starting to develope...give it time people.
                            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
                              Ok whoever said Sam Brandon is 6'5....WTF are you smoking.
                              http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...&contentID=703

Check **** out before you call something an erroneous statement.

Comment

Working...
                              X