Deltha O'Neal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deltha O'Neal?

All the posts on Deltha I have seen so far have been haters. What is the big problem with deltha. What of his best moments was picking off Trent Green 4 times in the same game. I think he should take free safety and let lenny walls and champ handle the corners. For linebackers I say trade Mobley for Boss Bailey. Boss, hmm you'll be hearing that name next year. (and champ)

Interesting idea moving Oneal to FS.....

I really believe that Shanahan will not put Oneal back in a game for the Broncos on D. He has completely lost confidence in Deltha's ability to cover people and keep his own confidence up.

If he is still on the roster next year I only see it as a part time WR and special teams player.

Comment

How exactly do you propose to get Detroit to swap a second year pro for a 9yr veteran (hopefully) coming back from a serious, season ending injury?

When was the last time two brothers lined up on the same team?
      The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
      BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
      You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Isn't Detroit in the business of making us better?

Comment

A few days after the offseason started shanny sed that deltha wasnt gonna play d in denver. It would be a nice idea movin him over to FS since brandon isnt that good, but I dont think shanny will take bak what he sed.

Comment

Ferguson and kennedy are our safeties for now, but deltha has speed and instincts and more importantly some pass catching ability to make a pick...it doesnt look like he'll play anymore D tho and as long as sam brandon aint playin safety, im happy...the best case scenario was if some moronic team took Oneil for a first day draft pick...i heard some team offered a 4th rounder which may be something to take if he cant play WR

Comment

I think the best way to get a fourth round pick for Oneal is from a team that is looking for a spark on special teams. Often times you are lucky is you can get only that out of a fourth round pick.

He is a good return man and somebody may jump on him for that. I also think he could play nickel back for the right team (any team we are playing)

I would like to see Deltha get a chance. I don't know if his run support and hitting skills are good enough to easily move to Safety.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                I think the best way to get a fourth round pick for Oneal is from a team that is looking for a spark on special teams. Often times you are lucky is you can get only that out of a fourth round pick.

He is a good return man and somebody may jump on him for that. I also think he could play nickel back for the right team (any team we are playing)

I would like to see Deltha get a chance. I don't know if his run support and hitting skills are good enough to easily move to Safety.
                A good return man?????? LOL! What games did you watch last year? 1 return does NOT a return man make.......
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

I would like to c deltha as a WR cuz hes fast can catch and him along wit lelie could meen serious problems for sum secondarys. What a hell of a deep threat lelie and deltha would make.

Comment

way to short.
                    New England Patriots GM

Comment

I know he is not that good their either. I am just trying to see why anyone would want him..... He is middle of the road as a return man..... I think statistically he was 15th last year in the NFL....

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                        I know he is not that good their either. I am just trying to see why anyone would want him..... He is middle of the road as a return man..... I think statistically he was 15th last year in the NFL....
                        He's famous for the muffed punt in the NE game, plus his usual return consists of :
                        a) a fair catch
                        b) running backwards or sideways
                        c) gain 5 yds then duck.

Not the kind of return man I'd want on my team......
                        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

He actually had two returns but one got flagged.

Steve Smith is 5'9" I think and he's a talented receiver.

Shorter receivers work for offense cause they usually have speed and athletic ability, which O'Neal has PLENTY of. Give him a chance.

"When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science."
                          - Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by NameUsedBefore

Shorter receivers work for offense cause they usually have speed and athletic ability, which O'Neal has PLENTY of. Give him a chance.
                            HOW many more chances do we need to give him? Or rather, how many more losses do we need to put in his hands? See my response on the "has he given his 24 to CB yet?" thread...

Comment

Ahhh, It's a shame about Deltha, because really he does have alot of Physical talent. Unfortunately we have been unable to harness it.

Comment

Working...
                              X