RBs in Draft make poor showings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RBs in Draft make poor showings

I just read a report about the workouts for the top RBs being sub-par. Basically no one has ran under a 4.5 40, and all look to be second round quality at best. Will the next starting running back come from this year's draft? We lost our O'Line coach, we have questionable RBs on the roster, and the Draft isn't all that great. This may be a bad year for for Denver's running game, and we still need starting WRs. The draft does look great at WR, I think we should draft 2 in the first 3 rounds.

Re: RBs in Draft make poor showings

Originally posted by bangalfan
    This may be a bad year for for Denver's running game
    That never happens

Comment

our running game will be just fine this year as it has been for the past 9 years....yes theres no RB on our roster as fast as CP but will still run for 1600-1800 yds as a team....will def. draft a WR w/ in our first 3 picks at least i hope we do.....

Comment

relax man its denver they know how to score . heck we'll just turn jake in to mcnab or evan better almost elway.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosruleafcw
          relax man its denver they know how to score . heck we'll just turn jake in to mcnab or evan better almost elway.
          We turn RB's in to stars not QB's. LOL

Comment

You are wrong about this years RB crop 40 times. According to Football Weekly, the following is accurate:

Kevin Jones ran a 4.38

Steven Jackson ran a 4.45

Tatum Bell ran a 4.37

Maurice Clarett ran a 4.45

Julius Jones ran a 4.47

Most of the other running backs(top running backs) ran in the 4.5 range. Clarence Farmer and Mewelde Moore were the slowest running in the high 4.6 range.

Comment

that 4.37 will move bell up a few picks

Comment

I really like Bell, but I like Jackson a little more since he's about 236 pounds. We'll have success with either one.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                  We'll have success with either one.
                  We'll have success with Q too.

Comment

I'm not knocking Q, but I haven't seen enough of him as a pro to put the starting job in his hand. I wonder how durable he'll be?

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                      I'm not knocking Q, but I haven't seen enough of him as a pro to put the starting job in his hand. I wonder how durable he'll be?
                      I can understand you being questionable because he's unproven. But then you say we should draft some Jackson, or bell. I dont see how you can not want to put Q in because he's not proven and want a rookie in there instead.

Comment

We've not lost our OL coach, Rick Dennison's been doing the job full time for a three years now. Alex Gibbs has been part time assistant head coach since 2001. I'm not dissing Gibbs, but Dennison knows the system, and four of our starters are returning, and Salaam could still resign. This gives us a strong basis to go forwards.

In addition, not to underestimate the fantastic job that our OL does, but I think at times that Bobby Turner doesn't get enough credit for the work that he does with our running back. After all, he's the guy that works with the backs day in & out.
                        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Well Kevin Jones has put on 20 pounds and his 40 times at Va Tech's pro day dropped to the 4.6 range, and im not joking, go to NFL.com and look up there pro days if you dont believe me, but Bell has kept his weight has still looks to be pretty damn fast.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Den21-Bal19
                            and Salaam could still resign.
                            Nop, we cut him to make cap room. He's already on another team, i forgot who though.

Comment

I say draft a running back like Jackson because he's bigger, and with his 236 pound frame he should be able to take more punishment than Q. Both are unproven, so you are correct. I don't see Q getting the "tough yards" as small as he is though. We'll have to see though.

Comment

Working...
                              X