No announcement yet.

RBs in Draft make poor showings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok seroiusly, big backs dont work in the Bronco system, we dont need them. Was Portis a big back....no, was TD a big back....no, was Mike Anderson when he had his break out year a big back....no, Gary is some what of an exception but then again he had the worst year out of all of these guys I have put up. We need medium built guys who are fast, guys like Portis, Bell, or Kevin Jones, someone of that build, now QG is going a little bit smaller, and if you notice that is pretty much everyones only complaint about him. I really think Stephen Jackson is a great back, but not the best to fit Denvers system. We would be better off drafting a back who is around 5' 10'' to 6' 190-210 range.
    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
      190-210 range.
      You want to know who else is in that range. Q. LOL, if yall havnt noticed already i think Q should start.

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
        You want to know who else is in that range. Q. LOL, if yall havnt noticed already i think Q should start.

Huh?
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EddyMac87
          Nop, we cut him to make cap room. He's already on another team, i forgot who though.
          At present he's attracting attention from the Ravens & Bears, but I've not heard that he's actually signed. Th basic point remains though, and that is that the OL isn't in bad shape for next season.
          The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
          BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
          You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

....and the bears?????
            "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
            tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
            men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
              You are wrong about this years RB crop 40 times. According to Football Weekly, the following is accurate:

Kevin Jones ran a 4.38

Steven Jackson ran a 4.45

Tatum Bell ran a 4.37

Maurice Clarett ran a 4.45

Julius Jones ran a 4.47

Most of the other running backs(top running backs) ran in the 4.5 range. Clarence Farmer and Mewelde Moore were the slowest running in the high 4.6 range.
              He's a bengal fan.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
                Ok seroiusly, big backs dont work in the Bronco system, we dont need them. Was Portis a big back....no, was TD a big back....no, was Mike Anderson when he had his break out year a big back....no, Gary is some what of an exception but then again he had the worst year out of all of these guys I have put up. We need medium built guys who are fast, guys like Portis, Bell, or Kevin Jones, someone of that build, now QG is going a little bit smaller, and if you notice that is pretty much everyones only complaint about him. I really think Stephen Jackson is a great back, but not the best to fit Denvers system. We would be better off drafting a back who is around 5' 10'' to 6' 190-210 range.
                In MA's rookie season he weighed 230lbs so he would be considered a big back.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
                X