The O-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The O-line

Since I'm whining about no new topics I'll make one. Honestly nobody gives credit to the O-line. Priest has will shields and willie roaf. Jamal has Jon Ogden. Portis had neil,nalen, and lepsis Walter had the Fridge. Emmit had someone... I look at the offensive line as the garbage men. they always talk about great running backs but never great lines that help those running backs.

the O-line is a pretty good topic...what's interesting is how the broncos O-line is so small compared to all the others, for the exception of George Foster who is well over 300 pounds - which makes his entry into the line even more compelling...will he be a good fit? he better or else thats another first round bust...

its just amazing how our schemes do so well when our linemen are "small" comparatively...most of our O-linemen are not household names such as lepsis, yet they do well in the system...more reason why O-line is a late round concern making the Foster pick a year ago an even bigger mystery...im eager to see him play

Comment

Re: The O-line

Originally posted by goonies_89
      Since I'm whining about no new topics I'll make one. Honestly nobody gives credit to the O-line. Priest has will shields and willie roaf. Jamal has Jon Ogden. Portis had neil,nalen, and lepsis Walter had the Fridge. Emmit had someone... I look at the offensive line as the garbage men. they always talk about great running backs but never great lines that help those running backs.
      Love that pic of Bob Sanders. Maybe we'll take a chance on him in the draft?

Comment

Walter had the Fridge? I hope that was meant to be funny.

I've recently talked about the offensive line in several other posts. I'm very concerned that losing Alex Gibbs, Lepsis switching to the left side and playing Foster for the first time are all going to contribute to a decline in our great offensive line. As fans, I think we've kind of taken the O-line for granted the since Shanny took over and was smart enough to hire Gibbs. This year we might start reminiscing about the good old days of our dominating line.
        "You can't take the sky from me..."
        ------
        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

U r right, we do take it for granted...to be honest, i cant even name a backup Olineman now...we lost some depth there and nalen aint young and neil is still learning how not to hold three possessions in a row (hez still good tho lol)

Comment

Its not like when Alex Gibbs left the Oline had their memories wiped so they know nothing of the Broncos blocking scheme and will go back to how they played in college come on now guys. We will be fine, now Im not saying I wouldnt want him back as our Oline coach, but we wont struggle that bad.
            New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
              Its not like when Alex Gibbs left the Oline had their memories wiped so they know nothing of the Broncos blocking scheme and will go back to how they played in college come on now guys. We will be fine, now Im not saying I wouldnt want him back as our Oline coach, but we wont struggle that bad.
              I agree, we'll be fine. But I'd prefer our O-line be much better than fine. Only three of the five starters will be in the same positions. We don't even know if Foster can really play at this level yet. Plus Foster is huge and doesn't fit the Broncos standard mold of smaller but more agile linemen.

And technique is only part of the coaching equation, week-to-week game planning was another facet at which Gibbs excelled. Will Dennison? He didn't in 2001 when he pretty much had to O-line all to himself. Hmm...
              ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                Plus Foster is huge and doesn't fit the Broncos standard mold of smaller but more agile linemen.

Ephraim Salaam was around 310lbs...from what i've seen, Foster is deceptively quick...the Packers game comes to mind.
                sigpic

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Comment

Originally posted by muse
                  Ephraim Salaam was around 310lbs...from what i've seen, Foster is deceptively quick...the Packers game comes to mind.
                  The NFL's official stats list Salaam at 295 lbs:
                  http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12674

Foster is listed at 338 lbs:
                  http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396157

I'm sure the Broncos wouldn't have drafted him if they didn't think he was quick enough to fit their plan. But the really big guys rarely seem to fit for the Broncos. We'll see...
                  ------

Comment

What do you think of the Sapp deal?
                    ~RSth Lncus [email protected] mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

Comment

The Big -O Line

We are know for a great line and I give the broncos line the most respect of them all.
                      Get in were ya fit in. GO BRONCOS

Comment

Re: Re: The O-line

Originally posted by Javalon

I've recently talked about the offensive line in several other posts. I'm very concerned that losing Alex Gibbs, Lepsis switching to the left side and playing Foster for the first time are all going to contribute to a decline in our great offensive line. As fans, I think we've kind of taken the O-line for granted the since Shanny took over and was smart enough to hire Gibbs. This year we might start reminiscing about the good old days of our dominating line.
                        Although Gibbs designed the scheme, Rick Dennison been the full time line coach for the last three years, plus we've got four of last years starters returning, along with four backups. I can't really see that there'll be much of a dropoff in their effectiveness
                        The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
                        BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
                        You'll Never Walk Alone

Spiffing sig, MasterShake :cheers:

You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Comment

Working...
                        X